Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip-Hop 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Quality. Southern hip hop is beautiful.

**** I don't even remember posting that last night. Going on this after a lot of pints is a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

**** I don't even remember posting that last night. Going on this after a lot of pints is a bad idea.

I knew you were gargled when you posted that, what kind of person is up at 4 in the morning calling music "beautiful" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This dude Chief Keef is being pushed pretty hard in the media and all types of label auctions. This ^ is the first song I heard from him.
    I do not like or understand the hype.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

"don't like" - I agree. It is the most painfully average yet overhyped video I have ever seen.

?uestlove announced via Twitter there what the title of their new album is going to be. It's gonna be called "&TYSYC". I have no idea what that's supposed to stand for but I can't wait for it.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.20293/title.the-roots-uestlove-announces-fourteenth-album-title

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    This dude Chief Keef is being pushed pretty hard in the media and all types of label auctions. This ^ is the first song I heard from him.
    I do not like or understand the hype.

i like that song , its pretty good tbh but i only heard of him last night and i dont know much about him. I heard brown dissing drake over the instrumental so just searched for the actual song. Its an aggresive song , done the trick before the gym today :D

is this the fella who got a million in his pocket to sign with a label? i heard something about this a while ago, think its him... :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

G.O.O.D ft 2 Chainz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Latest track from Life is Good to leak is Loco-Motive featuring Large Professor, Nas spitting flames

• Advertisement

banging ^^^

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

i like that song , its pretty good tbh but i only heard of him last night and i dont know much about him. I heard brown dissing drake over the instrumental so just searched for the actual song. Its an aggresive song , done the trick before the gym today :D

is this the fella who got a million in his pocket to sign with a label? i heard something about this a while ago, think its him... :confused:

Not sure how much he got or if he's signed up yet. I heard his name and seen his picture and articles about him way before I heard any of his music.

50's bringing out his album 5 (murder by numbers) sometime today for free, its a prequel to his official interscope release in november called street king.

there was war on twitter last night, his fans were giving out that their was only 10 tracks on the 5 album and 50 typically cracked and started abusing a few of them. He said he wasnt going to release it as his fans pretty much dont appriciate all the music he has given away for free.

He then brought out a piss take tracklist ft kanye, drake and the likes one of the songs was called il kill you over my bit*h ft chris brown & drake lol. Here's some of his tweets from last night.
    im giving you music for FREE EM,DRE,and JIMMY want me to wait and you want to act fool
    You can't buy album 5 it's FREE street king immortal will be for sale#SMSaudio
    due to negative comments im not releasing music now listen to zero instead of 10 suckers LMAO
    you think you dont care i really dont care im rich lol
    m a bump this in the gym by my self i dont have to share shiiit you must be fool crazy.lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

50's a boss for that :L Those fans probably are Candy Shop stans anyway... I hate when rappers on twitter though use 'lol' and 'lmao' when they talk about crack, coke, guns and projects in their raps. It just makes them seem fruity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

TheComeUp wrote: »
    50's a boss for that :L Those fans probably are Candy Shop stans anyway... I hate when rappers on twitter though use 'lol' and 'lmao' when they talk about crack, coke, guns and projects in their raps. It just makes them seem fruity.
    so u think 50 is a boss for continually lying about everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

?uestlove announced via Twitter there what the title of their new album is going to be. It's gonna be called "&TYSYC". I have no idea what that's supposed to stand for but I can't wait for it.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.20293/title.the-roots-uestlove-announces-fourteenth-album-title

Can't wait. Undun is still in heavy rotation with me. One of the most under rated but most consistent groups in the game for sure! They never seem to stop working either!

50 is pretty epic on twitter though, very blunt especially in first few months on it where he just took the pis*. All that lol talk etc doesnt bother me , you only get so many words to use in every tweet.

snippets and the tracklist from nas's new album are out. Im buzzing for this tbh, one of my biggest criticisms of nas is that his albums have too much filler, hopefully this will be different. Some of the instrumentals sound very good and nas seems to be spitting fire on most of them.

most notably theres an amy winehouse feature, i think this goes back, think they were spotted together a few years ago. Shame officer ross is on it, that song is horrible everything else sounds quality.

http://www.diversehiphop.com/blog/2012/07/nas-life-is-good-album-snippets/
    01. No Introduction (Produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League)
    02. Loco-Motive (Feat. Large Professor) (Produced by No I.D.)
    03. A Queens Story (Produced by Salaam Remi)
    04. Accident Murderers (Feat. Rick Ross) (Produced by No I.D.)
    05. Daughters (Produced by No I.D.)
    06. Reach Out (Feat. Mary J. Blige) (Produced by Salaam Remi, Rodney Jerkins, DJ Hot Day & Nas)
    07. World’s An Addiction (Feat. Anthony Hamilton) (Produced by Salaam Remi)
    08. Summer On Smash (Feat. Miguel & Swizz Beatz) (Produced by Swizz Beatz)
    09. You Wouldn’t Understand (Feat. Victoria Monet) (Produced by Buckwild)
    10. Back When (Produced by No I.D.)
    11. The Don (Produced by Salaam Remi, Heavy D & Da Internz)
    12. Stay (Produced by No I.D.)
    13. Cherry Wine (Feat. Amy Winehouse) (Produced by Salaam Remi)
    14. Bye Baby (Produced by Salaam Remi & 40)

G.O.O.D ft 2 Chainz

Actualy 2 Chainz is officialy signed to GOOD Music now. More money for Mr West then

If your looking for something new to listen to, look no further than 'Calez - Kid With Raps'

http://www.djbooth.net/index/mixtapes/entry/calez-kid-with-raps-deluxe

Decent beats and decent raps.

New Nas ft Amy Winehouse, Cherry Wine
    http://hnhh.co/sbyvum

I love it. What a combination. 2 of the greats. RIP Amy. Nas did his thing too

• Advertisement

Big Boi is in the news a lot these days. He's launching his own line of socks.
    I'm the sock king! They've got a cape on the back - that's how I flew here. I got my own socks line coming out with Crooks & Castles. Head over to 677 Antone Street, Atlanta, Georgia, 30318 and get some!

He also confirmed that the two songs released recently will be on the album. He has a song done with Kid Cudi and another done with some Little Dragon chap who I've never heard of before. He finished a song with A$AP Rocky the other night as well.

He was asked about the video for "Gossip" and how he was going to incorporate Pimp C into it. They mentioned the Tupac hologram as a possibility. There isn't a hope of him doing that I'd say. It'd be way too expensive. Shouldn't be a problem to Big Boi after his video for "Shine Blockas" with Gucci Mane last time around.

http://www.nme.com/news/outkast/64710?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=twitter-bigboisocks

What do you guys think of Frank Ocean comming out as Gay? Good move or Career suicide?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

diddnt know he was gay.

There's a thread for that already. No need to clog here with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

50 is pretty epic on twitter though, very blunt especially in first few months on it where he just took the pis*. All that lol talk etc doesnt bother me , you only get so many words to use in every tweet.

snippets and the tracklist from nas's new album are out. Im buzzing for this tbh, one of my biggest criticisms of nas is that his albums have too much filler, hopefully this will be different. Some of the instrumentals sound very good and nas seems to be spitting fire on most of them.

most notably theres an amy winehouse feature, i think this goes back, think they were spotted together a few years ago. Shame officer ross is on it, that song is horrible everything else sounds quality.

http://www.diversehiphop.com/blog/2012/07/nas-life-is-good-album-snippets/

Not bad. has nas ever worked with dr dre?

Not bad. has nas ever worked with dr dre?

Yes

2 new 50 tracks from the free album 5, its out tomorrow. Finding it hard to listen to both, lyrically terrible just recycled, might grow on me but iv heard it all before.

Fúck me they're terrible. 1st track i had to turn off after less than a minute and the second was just unbearable. If the rest of the album goes along these lines it's gonna be a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Yo! MTV SUCKS

People's thoughts??????

Think its sick,beat is serious and joey kills it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Prodigy dropped HNIC 3 the other day. Only gave it a super fast spin on my laptop....trash.

Advertisement