Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip-Hop 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Fúck me they're terrible. 1st track i had to turn off after less than a minute and the second was just unbearable. If the rest of the album goes along these lines it's gonna be a disaster.

tell me about it, 2nd verse on take the crown is ok the song starts coming alive, liking the junior ried sample on it, it will do for the gym as its high tempo but its a clunker. I want some music like complicated where the actual song has some substance like his old stuff. His last 2 mixtapes were good but he seems to just go for the repetitive tried and tested approach for his albums, no progression.
    Prodigy dropped HNIC 3 the other day. Only gave it a super fast spin on my laptop....trash.

hot trash is right, one or two nice joints of h.n.i.c 2 before he went to jail and the black cocaine EP with havoc released a few months back is decent enough but this is sh*t, i couldnt listen to it all.

remember this dude?

charles hamilton - i dont care - prod by eminem

not your typical em beat, not bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Ghostface Dolan^

Ghostface Dolan^
    White rick ross

• Advertisement

From NAS new album

"Reach Out" ft Mary J. Blige

http://hnhh.co/sbyytx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

White rick ross

True. A mix of B Dolan, Ghostface, Khaled and Ross. I just can't take his music seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Ghostface Dolan^

Ghost and Action did a song together last year. You can clearly tell them apart, but when Action is on his own you would think it is Ghost. Could be worse people to be compared to.

From NAS new album

"Reach Out" ft Mary J. Blige

http://hnhh.co/sbyytx

Not bad mjb kills the hook as usual, nas sounds as hungry as ever which is great, could have something to do with kelis fleeceing him! :P

Really hyped for this album though, everything bar accident murders Iv liked. Daughters is one of the best songs iv heard so far this year.

• Advertisement

10 battles between G.O.O.D and YMCMB.

I score it 7 - 3 to G.O.O.D
    G.O.O.D Vs YMCMB
    Kanye v Wayne
    Big Sean v Drake
    Pusha T v Tyga
    Big Sean v Mack
    2 Chainz v Bow Wow
    Q-Tip v Busta
    Cudi v Cory Gunz
    Teyana Taylor v Nicki Minaj
    John Legend v Jay Sean
    Mos Def v Mystikal

Some of that new Freddie Gibbs ****. Think it's just an additional verse on a previous song.

possibly the only decent track from 5 the free album 50 released a few days ago, iv been listining to schoolboy Q for a while now and he had interview a while back where he said 50 was a huge influence on his career just didnt think a collab would happen this soon. Q kills it, really makes the track his own delighted he done a song with 50.

50 needs to stick to these soulful beats, suit him down to the ground.

life is good is the album to get this summer by the looks of things, love this song. obvious song to kelis.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This is the full Aesop Rock - Skelethon album in a YouTube video:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Looking forward to this album. If this joint is anything to go by then its gonna be nice!

"I'm a stand out kid, not afraid to blow but won't go pop"

Apathy, Roc Marciano, The Alchemist & Evidence

Pre-order Stu Bangas & Vanderslice's "Diggaz With Attitude" album here:
    http://itunes.apple.com/preorder/diggaz-with-attitude/id543384487?l=pt&v0...

Man Bites Dog Records & Brutal Music Present "The Gusto" Video from the upcoming album Diggaz With Attitude releasing on Man Bites Dog Records 8-28-12. The song is produced by Vanderslice & video was directed by R.M.L. Shot by J. Grove.

Look out for the Diggaz With Attitude album featuring Evidence, The Alchemist, Vinnie Paz (Jedi Mind Tricks), Ill Bill & Slaine (La Coka Nosta), Apathy, Celph Titled, Esoteric & Blacastan (Demigodz), Roc Marciano, Reef the Lost Cauze, Wais P, Blaq Poet, Outerspace and more. Pre order your copy today.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A few release dates, i've bolded the ones i'm interested in:
    July 10
    Aesop Rock - Skelethon
    La Coka Nostra - Masters Of the Dark Arts
    Freddie Gibbs and Madlib - Shame EP

July 17
    8Ball - Life's Quest
    The Alchemist - Russian Roulette
    Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
    Masta Ace - Ma Doom: Son Of Yvonne
    Nas - Life Is Good

July 24
    Big Shug - I.M. 4 E-VA
    J Dilla - The Shining
    Parallel Thought - The Art Of Sound
    REKS - REBELutionary

July 31
    B.o.B. - Music For the Lost Generation (Import)
    Necro - The Murder Murder Kill Kill Double EP
    Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't

August 7
    Bumpy Knuckles x Statik Selektah - Ambition
    G.O.O.D. Music - Cruel Summer

August 14
    2 Chainz - Based On a T.R.U. Story
    Beanie Sigel - This Time
    Insane Clown Posse - Might Death Pop
    Kreayshawn - Somethin' Bout Kreay
    Strong Arm Steady x Statik Selektah - StereoType
    The-Dream - Love IV MMXII

August 21
    Brother Ali - Mourning In America & Dreaming In Color
    DJ Khaled - Kiss the Ring
    Mistah F.A.B. and I-Rocc - Face Off
    Trey Songz - Chapter V

August 28
    Brandy - Two Eleven
    DMX - Undisputed
    J. Cole - Better Than Your Average (Import)
    Jadakiss - Loyalty Comes First (Import)
    Keak Da Sneak - Cheedacheezisay!
    Madchild (Swollen Members) - Dope Sick
    Meek Mill - Dreams & Nightmares
    Slaughterhouse - welcome to: Our House
    Stu Bangaz & Eric Vanderslice - Diggaz With Attitude (D.W.a.)
    Wiz Khalifa - O.N.I.F.C.

September 4
    Blu and Exile - Give Me My Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them
    T.I. - Trouble Man

September 11
    A$AP Rocky - LongLiveA$AP
    Ludacris - Ludaversal
    Saigon - Bread and Circuses

September 18
    DJ Drama - Quality Street Music
    Ne-Yo - R.E.D.
    Skyzoo - A Dream Deferred

October 2
    Bobby V - Dusk Till Dawn
    Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid, m.A.A.d City

November 13
    Big Boi - Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Didn't know La Coka Nostra's new stuff was out, anyone listen to it yet?

Just listened to 'Side Effect - Flyest On Papyrus' and it's pretty damn good.

http://sideeffectmusic.com/album/flyest-on-papyrus

Not sure how I came across this, but I'm glad I did.

great song, seems like a another underground rapper on the come up

N.A is his name, first i heard of him today, well worth a listen

• Advertisement

great song, seems like a another underground rapper on the come up

N.A is his name, first i heard of him today, well worth a listen

His album Substance Abuse from last year is pretty good, i was just listening to it again yesterday.

And he just released a new mixtape a couple of days ago:
    http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2012/07/10/n-a-love-compromise-lies-hustle-mixtape/

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    His album Substance Abuse from last year is pretty good, i was just listening to it again yesterday.

And he just released a new mixtape a couple of days ago:
    http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2012/07/10/n-a-love-compromise-lies-hustle-mixtape/

must give it a listen because the wolf v sheep song is quality.

New Nas

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiZ0CPDDlzzOmFjwZhoA21XIQs-qMbJUwZWI7BgDsqZB_eT7Q3FQ

Where's The Love

Nas feat. Cocaine 80s

http://hnhh.co/sbzodd

Wax finally released a video for 'Rosana' today. It's one of the best songs and videos that I've heard/seen in ages.

Potentially NSFW depending on whether your boss is good craic or not :D.

It's well worth watching this in HD. The young one in the video is gorgeous looking. Part Irish as well I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

I want!

51qLET1LfiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

We are proud to present GZA/Genius Liquid Swords in a two disc deluxe Chess Box edition. Housed in a sturdy wrapped hard board two piece box, this edition of Liquid Swords spans across 2 discs. Disc one contains the official album version while disc two contains the full RZA produced instrumentals, available for the first time ever as an official release. Both discs have been completely restored with remastered audio from the original source tapes and have truly never sounded better. As always with any deluxe Get On Down release, we have packaged this album with an array of extras, including; researched, in depth, full color liner notes with contributions from GZA himself, spanning across 20 pages, inner jackets and dust sleeves with memorable vintage artwork from the original release, and even a full wooden minature chess set, which can be played on the chess board printed and contained directly on the inner lining of the box. This is the Liquid Swords that both first time listeners and long-standing fans deserve. CHECKMATE!

Released 30th July

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Liquid-Swords-The-Chess-Box/dp/B008861R7S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1342533226&sr=8-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

The Alchemist - Russian Roulette

Streaming on this site: http://www.spin.com/articles/hear-alchemists-twisted-full-russian-roulette

I'm about 10 tracks deep and it sounds ridiculously good.

RZA just put up a track on Soundcloud there. Not sure what it's for but it sounds great.

http://soundcloud.com/rzawu/blowin-in-the-wind

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

That RZA track is nice, he's one of my favourite artists, never fails to impress.

• Advertisement

Great track, probably from the Iron Fist soundtrack. He has a ridiculous rhyming scheme and flow in this.

Advertisement