Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BHAA 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Sagitt

Zurich Mile results,

Guys,

is there any glitch on Zurich Mile results as I am listed three times in the same race (standards 10-12)?

Sagitt

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AJAYC

Some mugs are dying to get into their cross country spikes, the wait is almost over! Pencil in Saturday 13th & the Teachers race in Castleknock.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

AJAYC wrote: »
    Some mugs are dying to get into their cross country spikes, the wait is almost over! Pencil in Saturday 13th & the Teachers race in Castleknock.:D

Day before Novice such a pity would have loved to do both.

ecoli wrote: »
    Day before Novice such a pity would have loved to do both.

Always a problem in October, Wicklow intermediate is also on the day after.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Is the race in the ward ever coming back? :(

• Advertisement

Is the race in the ward ever coming back? :(

Unlikely & I agree RQ it was a classic, we do have a new X on the Euro Cross Course in Santry at the end of November (sponsored by Irish Life & Permanent).:D

Best of luck to all members running Cork to Cobh this Sunday, it doesn't look 15 miles on the attached map but as it's being run by our friends in Cork BHAA, we believe them! Good luck to all members running County cross country novice races & the Athlone three-quarters too.

If you can't find the spikes in the garden shed, you can always be brave & go barefoot! In any case, don't miss the first cross country challenge of the season with a feast to follow at Castleknock College on Saturday 13/10.

Grand sunny day forecast for tomorrow, get out there for the winter league kick-off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Grand sunny day forecast for tomorrow, get out there for the winter league kick-off!
    It's XC so you should be hoping for wind rain and lots of mud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Big thanks to Kieran all the students and volunteers Paul and the BHAA for organising another great race today, Great to be back 1st BHAA race in 3 months.

Food was the usual high standard...

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

+1

Fair play to all involved in running today's race. A good start to the winter league.

Best of luck to all members running, stewarding, helping or just roaring on next Monday at the big one in Dublin.

Break on through to the other side......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Break on through to the other side......

V.Good:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Is the Vodafone cross-country in December going to be run on the same course as the old Data Solutions race in Marlay Park? Looking at woddle's old Garmin track, that seemed to be a real mix of grass and paths. Too much path for wearing spikes?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

There is a race organisers meeting tomorrow so we'll have final details then but as I understand its a new all grass course this year with no paths.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

Wins for Warne and Devlin at this mornings race

Full results :

http://bhaa.ie/members/app/event/index/tag/boi2012

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Did this yesterday morning and it was good to be back racing again after a few months out. Good job done by the BHAA as always and sorry i couldn't hang around for the spread afterwards.

I know it was given as 5.5kms but i measured it (Garmin) as 5.9kms. Anyone else think it was around this distance? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43 pad-cam

i got 3.68 miles converts to 5.92 km it was same corse as last year and that was 6k they have it down in results as 6k now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

Some dates for your diary:

http://bhaa.ie/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=2664

• South Dublin County Council - 5th January 2013
    • Eircom - 19th January 2013
    • NCF - 2nd/9th February 2013 - Date to be confirmed
    • Gardaí - 16th February 2013
    • Dublin Airport - 23rd February 2013
    • AIB/NUI - 9th March 2013
    • NCF Night Race - 20th/28th March 2013 - Date to be confirmed

Here's a sneak preview of equipment we have purchased for the cross country season. It effortlessly pulls runners out of the mud & may be trialled at the upcoming Irish Life 6k in Santry on Saturday week (24/11).

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Brewski78

Ok total noob question here sorry - are spikes essential for Saturdays race in Santry or could I get away with trail runners? Just looking to get around (without injury if possible) in my first cross country

Brewski78 wrote: »
    Ok total noob question here sorry - are spikes essential for Saturdays race in Santry or could I get away with trail runners? Just looking to get around (without injury if possible) in my first cross country

The spikes will give you an advantage right now but I'll post details of ground conditions there later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Brewski78

Thanks, maybe I should invest in a pair but wanted to see if I like cross country first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

Brewski78 wrote: »

Never essential but highly recommended. Even if you only use your spikes once a year you'll always have them and compared to branded trail shoes they aren't that expensive. I'm still running in an old pair of Asics I got 12 years ago for the All Ireland Schools.

In general the park in Santry isn't too bad in the sense it doesn't retain the water as much as say the Balyheary Park in Swords. The forecast for the week is for on and off rain with warm southerly winds so it may be a firm enough surface.

Saturday will be cold and bright with good sunny spells but mostly dry. However, Thursday & Friday are due to be wet so conditions will be perfect for cross country running in Santry for the inaugural Irish Life 6k.

Ground conditions are heavy enough even with the sunshine today, I'd opt for spikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

Well done Irish Life, super race.

• Advertisement

I agree, wonderful course on a cold day with tricky underfoot conditions.

Advertisement