Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BHAA 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

They are normally very quick, being an evening race they should be available tomorrow, they had hard copies posted outside the club house after the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭AJCOT

Fantastic race & afters, three cheers for Paul Gorey, the Dunboyne delegation & the BHAA. Not sure if the weather could have been better though it got very humid & the water breaks were appreciated plus that finishing track felt like 4,000 rather than 400 metres!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

AJCOT wrote: »
    Fantastic race & afters, three cheers for Paul Gorey, the Dunboyne delegation & the BHAA. Not sure if the weather could have been better though it got very humid & the water breaks were appreciated plus that finishing track felt like 4,000 rather than 400 metres!
    Probably beacuse it was close to 600M
    Great race as usual, liked the new start and the spread after

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

1st Bhaa outing of the year for me but 3rd Dunboyne 5miler in a row... Even tough they moved the start out of the housing estate it was still a bit chaotic with elbows flying everywhere!! Was hoping for sub 30 but this didnt look on ofter a tough mile 4 ... knuckled down on last mile ( running the extra lap on the track was a killer )and sneaked in just under with 29.59 so delighted..... Congrats to Bhaa and Dunboyne A/C for another top notch race.... As per usual great spread put on after.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 NinjaStudent

The smell of slurry made me run a bit faster for sure, nice boost during the 2nd mile!

Get back on track next Wednesday 13th for the 25th running of the Trinity race night. There are 16 races (according to grades & if you're male or female) with 1,000 & 2,500 metres challenges. The grass is always in superb condition & the spectacular location helps create a unique "Chariots of Fire" type atmosphere. First race is at seven. Contact Cyril at csmyth@tcd.ie or 087 2245850 for further details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

is the 10k still on the cards for Corkagh park on the 11th August, can't seem to find the info that was there before.

shels4ever wrote: »
    is the 10k still on the cards for Corkagh park on the 11th August, can't seem to find the info that was there before.

No, I'm afraid it's not happening this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bludub

Get back on track next Wednesday 13th for the 25th running of the Trinity race night. There are 16 races (according to grades & if you're male or female) with 1,000 & 2,500 metres challenges. The grass is always in superb condition & the spectacular location helps create a unique "Chariots of Fire" type atmosphere. First race is at seven. Contact Cyril at csmyth@tcd.ie or 087 2245850 for further details.
    Looking forward to Trinity track races. Never did track racing before. I'm not sure how they work, can you enter for more than one distance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Bludub wrote: »
    Looking forward to Trinity track races. Never did track racing before. I'm not sure how they work, can you enter for more than one distance?
    Yep. Check the timetable on www.bhaa.ie to see how much time you've got between races. Your €10 will cover both races.

Who cares about sightings of Noah & his Ark around Trinity a few days ago, the forecast for Wednesday is for a dryish evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Possibly a silly question but what sort of runners do people use on the Trinity track ? Road runners, flats, trail shoes or spikes ? Want to avoid bringing the entire shoe collection with me if I can :o

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Possibly a silly question but what sort of runners do people use on the Trinity track ? Road runners, flats, trail shoes or spikes ? Want to avoid bringing the entire shoe collection with me if I can :o
    Its a grass track so flats or 5mm spikes will be fine. Spikes may be better if the weather stays damp.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SnailsPace

What are flats?

Very light running shoes generally used for shorter distances (though some better runners go right up to the marathon in them). They don't have a heel, minimal cushioning, last even less than standard shoes & many people run faster in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 npc_100

gerard65 wrote: »
    Its a grass track so flats or 5mm spikes will be fine. Spikes may be better if the weather stays damp.

What about those of us with regular runners only, will we be slipping all over the place?

npc_100 wrote: »
    What about those of us with regular runners only, will we be slipping all over the place?
    Its a very good surface, almost bowling green. Other years I ran in flats and had no problems but it was dry! It will depend on the weather over the next couple of days, but I'd say you'll be fine in runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 npc_100

gerard65 wrote: »
    Its a very good surface, almost bowling green. Other years I ran in flats and had no problems but it was dry! It will depend on the weather over the next couple of days, but I'd say you'll be fine in runners.

Looking out my window, think it will be wellies that I need.......

Most people will have standard runners later. There's grass in Trinity that needs trampling on, do your civic duty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 CS_Runner

Another great evening of running in Trinity, Thanks to Cyril the BHAA and all the student volunteers, Plenty of Sandwiches and Tea afterwards, Nice prizes too..

Well done Cyril & all the enthusiastic helpers in Trinity, including a sprightly almost 88 year old, Nick Corish. Thanks for the great goodie bag with an impressive BHAA logo on the front.

The third running of the Irish Prison Service-Phoenix Park 5k trail is on Tuesday the 26th of June at 20.00. This is on a great 2.5k grass loop and won the 2011 BHAA "Race of the Year". Race HQ is in the Defence Forces club house (near the Cricket Gounds). Last year, 300 ran & the top three men were Paul O'Connell, Eoin Brady & Fergal Smithwick. While the first trio of women home were Mairead O'Callaghan, Jean Wilson & Lucy Darcy. The start/finish line are moving this year.
    There are showers, dressing rooms & parking available with a brack mountain for afters plus of course the usual array of prizes. It's great to get off the tarmac in the Park & this road-free race does with the vertically challenged having to contend with a few low branches. Conditions underfoot are lovely on this fairly level (there is one dip & pull upwards but it's brief) route. Race organiser, Bernard Quinn, an accomplished runner himself, promises a challenging, fun evening for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

There are showers, dressing rooms & parking available with a brack mountain for afters plus of course the usual array of prizes.

You're a great man for promising brack mountains, I assume you're volunteering to help with buttering duties this year?!!

It's a lovely race, let's hope we get the great weather we got the last 2 years.

runrabbit wrote: »
    You're a great man for promising brack mountains, I assume you're volunteering to help with buttering duties this year?!!

It's a lovely race, let's hope we get the great weather we got the last 2 years.

Just checked with the Guinness people & the record for a brack mountain is a mere 10 feet, I'm confident we'll beat it next Tuesday. I have my own knife too.

Weather forecast for Tuesday next is very positive, head for the Phoenix Park for a balmy off road 5k running evening.

The Irish Prison Service takes exceptional care of BHAA mugs, you may be lucky enough to win one on Tuesday evening (26/06) at their race in the Phoenix Park!

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

The Irish Prison Service takes exceptional care of BHAA mugs, you may be lucky enough to win one on Tuesday evening (26/06) at their race in the Phoenix Park!

That bench could do with a lick of paint AJ! I could comment on the handcuffs but I wouldn't be so crass...

The forecast for tomorrow evening is looking good and I believe we may have a interesting part-race talk to look forward to also. It should be a good night. It'd be better again if I could run it myself, but hopefully I'll be back in action for the xc season

Looking forward to later, it's a cool course & so good to get off the tarmac in summer(for want of a better description). Take it easy & all will be well for the cross season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 CS_Runner

Looking forward to later, it's a cool course & so good to get off the tarmac in summer(for want of a better description). Take it easy & all will be well for the cross season.

The ground was very soft in some parts of the Park on Sunday, Might bring the spikes just in case ?

Advertisement