Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baltimore Ravens Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Rice suspended two games (Bengals and Steelers at home). Got off lightly with that one. Thankfully he wasn't caught smoking weed. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Paully D wrote: »
    Rice suspended two games (Bengals and Steelers at home). Got off lightly with that one. Thankfully he wasn't caught smoking weed. :pac:

or selling autographs !!

2 games for beating a woman unconscious, the league doing itself no favors IMO. Would not be surprised to see that increased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The team have great depth on the D line and it probably was likely that Brent Urban was going to be stashed away for a year.

Well the 4th rounder will definitely hit IR now. Tore his ACL and is done for the year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭youngco87

mikemac1 wrote: »
    The team have great depth on the D line and it probably was likely that Brent Urban was going to be stashed away for a year.

Well the 4th rounder will definitely hit IR now. Tore his ACL and is done for the year :(

Reports from camp were good about him but as you said there is great depth at that position this year! A deep rotation is what seems to work wonders up front nowadays

We said the main position battles was 3rd cornerback and right tackle and so it continues

Going by reports Ricky Wagner is doing a great job at right tackle and it's his job to lose.

They tried Ryan Jensen at right tackle but moved him back to guard. He seems to be a mean nasty mauler type like Yanda, fans will approve!! :) Jensen has mauled Kapron Lewis Moore to the ground twice in camp

Asa Jackson is doing a solid job and looks likely to win the 3rd cornerback slot.
    Chykie Brown got thrown out of practice by Harbaugh for kicking the ball off the field after dropping an interception. He came back and started a row with Steve Smith. :rolleyes: Frustration showing I guess

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Oher has been doing ok at RT for us in camp.. I expect him to start the season but for Lewan to take the starting job from him

Brett Urban injured for the year
    And now Kapron Lewis-Moore has a torn achilles

Chris Canty is the only recognised defensive end on the depth chart. Sure Ngata can slide over and so can Deangelo Tyson but most teams have lots of linemen they can rotate throughout the game

Ozzie will have to find a free agent or two somewhere, maybe when other teams start cuts

The list stolen from another forum

cut
    Austin Spitler
    Nick DiMarco
    Omar Brown
    David Mims
    Deji Olatoye
    Marrio Norman
    Cierre Wood
    Richie Leone
    LaQuan Williams
    Mike Willie

Injury Waived
    Brett Van Sloten
    Shaun Chapas

IR'd
    Brent Urban
    Kapron Lewis-Moore
    Will Rackley

No big surprises. Laquan Williams had no shot as the team actually has talent at wide receiver for once. He will probably get a call from a team wanting WR depth and a good special teamer. Browns maybe?

Fan favourite Omar Brown never makes the team because he's not a good special teamer. After 3 training camps that's most likely his time in Baltimore over.

That's 90 down to 75 so cuts complete for now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

So cornerback Derek Cox has been brought in after being released by the Vikings.

Webb just restructured his contract to clear some cap room! I wonder is there something in the works? Maybe an extension for Torrey or Jimmy or even Tucker?

• Advertisement

Jimmy Smith like all 1st round rookies signed a 4 year deal with an option for a 5th year. The team picked up that option in the offseason and Jimmy won't be seeing a big payday this year

You're right, the team need to start working on a deal with Torrey

Ray Lewis statue unveiled:

BwsrkZICQAEmX7U.jpg:large

What do we all think for the opener at home to Cincinnati then?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

ignoring everything else, that is a pretty cool statue

Derek cox, any use?

Cox is the #5 corner and can work his way to #4

The Ravens top three corners all had various injury issues over pre season and while they willplay Week 1 it's possible Cox will play a lot this season but hopefully not

He was cut, some rumours the titans are interested as we don't have much at corner since verner left

Hmmm, I see. I missed that move

It's easily explained. He's a vet and if he is the on the roster for Week 1 his salary is guaranteed for the year. They promoted a running back from the practise squad and he'll be cut in when Rice returns. Then I guess the Ravens will try to sign Cox again

For info on Cox I suggest going to the Chargers forum. They seem to hate him though

It's funny reading back over this thread and seeing how frustrated 99% of us were the 2012/2013 offseason. Lots of players left, so many injuries, and some deals we weren't happy with. Yet, we ended up Super Bowl champions :pac:

Really looking forward to it all starting again this evening. Home opener against a divisional rival. M&T should be rocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

So footage has emerged of Ray Rice punching his wife in the face and knocking her out. Can the team do anything about this? I can't support that man anymore. I hope he's locked up.

From a game point of view, it was a disappointing game. The offence couldn't catcha cold let alone the ball. Pitta did ok. Forsett looks the real deal thankfully. Flacco made some awful errors. Defense seemed ok bar the blown coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Ravens have released Rice. Only option after the new footage was released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

paulie21 wrote: »
    Ravens have released Rice. Only option after the new footage was released.

And league suspended him indefinitely too..

That video is incredible! How did he not go to jail and more mind boggling is that the women married him shortly after that incident.

I was a big Ray Rice fan and thought he would be back to his best this year but after seeing this video I'm glad to see the back of him.

Leaves a bit of a hole but I liked the way Forsett played last night.....one of the bright spots!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

I too was a big fan of Rice before now. Started watching the NFL the year we went on to win the Super bowl. Was a great time to start watching and Rice was a big part of that. But now, the disappointment is horrible. Terrible actions on his part. Glad he's gone. Don't need negative attention around the team.

Now what the hell do I do with my No. 27 jersey... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Great game last night with the win against the Steelers after a tough week.. Got to see most of the game. I am in Texas for a few weeks so plenty of football to watch.
    Flacco just has more options to aim at now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Watched the entire game, I'm a little annoyed. I made numerous posts after last season, saying how badly I wanted the Titans to draft C.J Mosley. The guy was a beast last. Best player on the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Watched the game this morning. Ravens looked very good on D. Steve Smith and Owen Daniels look like they are fitting in nicely.

Watched the game again today. It was a joy to watch an effective run game after last year's pain

Zuttah got a lot of credit from the commentators and well deserved, he was immense

For a 5th rounder to the Bucs that looks an excellent trade

Lucky to come out of Cleveland with the W.

Our safeties were awful

We don't get to see practice but maybe it's time to start our 3rd rounder Terence Brooks at free safety. Darian Stewart is not playing well and Matt Elam should not be back there, he gets burned in coverage too often.

The defense stepped up for sure in the 4th quarter but was terrible before then. I miss the agressive D we had when Chuck Pagano was coordinator :(

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

The Detroit Lions are set to sign Josh Bynes off your practice squad as cover at inside LB, seeing as Tulloch is out for the season.

Does he have potential or is he likely to just be an average backup?

• Advertisement

Average backup, good special teamer

I wouldn't expect much

Advertisement