Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baltimore Ravens Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

They're clearing house this week!

Both Chykie Brown & Dominique Franks cut

Danny Gorrer signed which I'm happy with :)

And the second cornerback is Tramain Jacobs promoted from the practice squad. spent two years at Texas A&M so he has played for a big school.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/roster/Tramain-Jacobs/3875b9d1-8bbb-4e5d-a84f-26d61042b55e

5'11" 182lbs he said he prepared for the draft by practising with teammate Mike Evans. Didn't get drafted but he could be a good un :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Care to make a score prediction?

I'll go with Titans by 7
    Oher to have a dominate performance :P

Mett to go 250 yards, 3 TDs 1 int

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Ravens in a blowout, Flacco to throw 4 tds.

Ravens by 14

Dumervil to roast Oher and get 3 sacks :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Chykie Brown cut

So how poor is this Brown chap, as it is likely he is now our number 3 corner

• Advertisement

Dear oh dear, he's a terrible corner

He entered training camp being handed the no 3 slot and lost it, then lost the no 4 spot and got buried on the depth chart but became a starter again after a lot of injuries on the team. And turned in performances so bad they cut him

5th round pick from 2011, he's been replaced by an undrafted rookie from the practice squad who fans don't know much about but expect to be at least competent

Chykie Brown is a good special teamer, I'll give him that.

Our DC has named Will Hill as starter at FS. I hope they can bring some stability to this position and keep him there and keep Elam at SS.

They have 6 safeties on the roster and were constantly changing them around. Elam must improve and hopefully this will help his confidence

6-4 and we enter the bye. Since it's a bye why not look ahead to the off season

In 2015 the team have to take a 9.5 million cap hit for Rice :mad: This limits the team hugely

Here are our players to hit free agency
    Owen Daniels TE - will probably retire. If not I'd consider a 1 year, 1 million deal, the same as he got this year

Darian Stewart S - have an intern drive him to the airport, terrible player!

Torrey Smith WR - oooooh tough one, I say let him test FA. Do not overpay here. Somebody will overpay, I think the Rams

Morgan Cox LS - a good servant but he's blown out his knees twice. Offer him vet minimum but he'll have to beat out an undrafted rookie in camp

Jah Reid G - let him hit FA, do not resign

Pernell McPhee OLB - cannot afford him, some team will sign him like the Colts signed Arthur Jones, shame :(

Tyrod Taylor QB - away to FA

Jeromy Miles S - decent special teamer, give him a cheap 2-3 year deal

Will Rackley G - former 3rd round pick by the Jags. Bring to camp, there are roster spots available here

Justin Forsett RB - He's 29 hitting 30 but he's not beat up and turning into a fan favourite. 2 year deal, maybe 6.5 million if he'll take it. That's Ben Tate money so pretty decent

Terrence Cody DT - away to FA

Danny Gorrer CB - I like him a lot - 3 year deal at 3 million

Tramain Jacobs CB - bring to camp, back to the practice squad if he doesn't make the team

Brynden Trawick S - supposed to be a good special teamer. Minimum deal, bring to camp

Kevin McDermott LS - wil be cut when Cox returns

Justin Tucker K - the team don't have the money to overpay here but Tucker deserves a deal. Don't laugh but if a deal isn't done then use the franchise tag. Five teams did this in 2014 for kickers

Will Hill S - Sign!! Saftey isn't the highest paid position. I guess he'll be looking over 5 million per year. I don't know what he'll cost but he must be brought back

Lawrence Guy DE - decent player, give him a 3 year, 2.4 million deal. Can never have too many defensive ends.

Anthony Levine S - Harbaugh is converting him to a corner and he did well in Week 10. I like him, 3 years, a tad over minimum.

Christo Bilukidi DT - minimum deal, bring to camp

Kamar Aiken WR - He has shown flashes and I think he'll want to test FA to see can he get a better position on a depth chart and more money. Fair enough,he can test FA

Salary numbers are pulled from the top of my head, no spreadsheets were consulted here :P

I'd say they'll cut Jacoby and sign Torrey more than likely. I'd say Webb will restructure too so they will clear up the Ray Rice money somewhere along the line.
    I'm not sold on Forsett, I think the offensive line play is making him look amazing but they could do with developing Taliaferro and maybe giving Pierce an eye test and seeing where all his vision is gone, unless Forsett reaches his current projection he's not worth 6.5 mill/2 years.

Congrats to Justin Forsett

Voted AFC Offensive player of the week for Week 10 :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

He was playing against a **** team !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Huge win last night lads! :)

Massive last few weeks now with games against Chargers, Dolphins, Jaguars, Texans and Browns to come. On the road vs the Dolphins and Texans. No reason we shouldn't be going 4-1 there, though 3-2 may be more likely.

Would 10-6 see us into the playoffs?

The Chiefs loss to Oakland helps us hugely

If we beat the Chargers then 10-6 may be enough

Chargers this week

Which reminds me of Ray Rice's 4 & 29

But thinking further back I was even more impressed with the Ray Lewis tackle, did our newer Ravens fans ever see this to win the game? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

So Ray Rice has won his appeal. Wonder will a team sign him up.

So after that dreadful loss last night we have to beat the Browns and Kansas City have to beat San Diego for us to get the 6th seed in the playoffs. I doubt the Chargers are losing anytime soon, Rivers is on fire atm. :(

If the Bengals lose this week and next week, I think that gets us in if we win. They have Broncos and Steelers so it's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

So after that dreadful loss last night we have to beat the Browns and Kansas City have to beat San Diego for us to get the 6th seed in the playoffs. I doubt the Chargers are losing anytime soon, Rivers is on fire atm. :(

He's hurting bigtime though. To be honest I can see us (the Bolts) laying another massive egg in KC. The D is regularly embarassed and the O lives or dies by Rivers health/ability.

2 yrs on the bounce though that the Ravens have folded, not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    If the Bengals lose this week and next week, I think that gets us in if we win. They have Broncos and Steelers so it's possible.

Is that definitely right? In that scenario the Steelers obviously take the division so the Ravens are still fighting with San Diego for a WC so the situation of needing a favour off Kansas still applies?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Found this:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000448100/article/who-can-clinch-a-playoff-spot-in-week-17

If Broncos beat Bengals, Ravens clinch a playoff spot with:
    1) a win plus a Bengals loss
    2) a win plus a Chargers loss or tie
    3) a tie plus a Chargers loss

• Advertisement

http://russellstreetreport.com/2014/12/22/lombardis-way/flacco-measuring-contract/
    This year the Ravens are 2-6 against teams with winning records. In 2013 they were 1-4 against teams with winning records. So since their Super Bowl win to cap off the 2012 season the Ravens are 3-10 against the good teams – a .231 winning percentage.

Grim.

James Hurst may develop into a quality tackle but he has a long way to go yet

As soon as he came in to play right tackle JJ Watt moved here and just embarresed him. Why weren't coaches putting in a tight end to assist?

So the Ravens have made the play-offs. Delighted with that because it looked like it would not happen.

So the Ravens have made the play-offs. Delighted with that because it looked like it would not happen.

Completely agree. 6 out of 7 seasons in the playoffs for Harbaugh now, including a Super Bowl win. Heck of an achievement especially in such a good division.

Haloti's back too.

Do we get the winner of tonight's Steelers/Bengals game? The loser of that plays Indy?

attachment.php?attachmentid=17805&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1249167157

Back when Brian Billick took over he didn't want the team talking about playoffs as that was considered a distraction.

So the players talked about Festivus

Then during the playoffs Billick banned any talk of the Super Bowl as again he considered that a distraction.

And so the players called that Festivus Maximus.

Old story, well known, for now are are going to Festivus :)

I think that Russell Crowe film Gladiator was released around then so that's where they got the whole Roman theme from

19 players on IR. 19! Makes getting into the playoffs even more impressive.

Ravens @ Steelers. Bring it on! :D

I can't wait :D the Ravens have no reason to fear the Steelers, it's a very even matchup. If they win that, it'll be off to Foxboro and if any team has the patriots number, it's the Ravens.

Going to be a slug fest next Sunday against the Steelers. Lost well there in November 23-43 which was a suprise. Should be a great game.

• Advertisement

Just watching last nights game now. What a performance against the Steelers.

Advertisement