Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baltimore Ravens Thread

Options
1343536373840»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Seemed mad to put flacco in. Jackson is the future, gotta ride him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

What’s that saying? If you lets the fans in the stands influence your decisions then you end up watching the game in the stands with them
    Paully D wrote: »
    We may well find it difficult to attract FA WR's with the type of offense we are going to be running anyway so some innovation may be the order of the day.

Thats understating it a bit :D

John Brown was going to top 1,000 yds and turn his one year FA deal into a big payday. Now he may not get paid as much and it wasn’t his fault

Every decent FA receiver will run a mile from a Baltimore offer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Disappointing end allright but did anyone realistically think we could compete for the Super Bowl? Yes our D is out of this world but our offense just isn't where it needs to be and Lamar as at least a year or two away from becoming a competent NFL passer.

As for the game, it was scary how easy it was for the Chargers to shut down our running game and when that happened it was always going to be a struggle. I think we were right to stick with Lamar, putting Flacco in would have just had the same outcome without the scrambling. Our OL is incapable of pass protection, that was true when Joe was in at the start of the year and is still through now. We changed to Bozeman in place of Brown but it made no difference on the left side, Ingram was in the backfield every play. The colts showed last night what a difference an O-line makes and both ourselves and the hawks showed what happens when you have a turnstile for an OL. I think Harbaugh blinked on that 4 and 1 play , that was probably our last chance to get in the game. 3 points wasn't enough and that proved to be the case even with the late comeback from Jackson.

More than anything else this offseason Lamar needs to work on his ball security, he fumbled a crazy amount of times this year and it was dumb luck that only 4 of them were recovered by the opposition. I don't mind the odd one on the option plays but he just seems to randomly drop the ball every now and then without being touched. One thing our offense cannot afford is cheap turnovers.

For me we need OL and WR reinforcements as our priority though like you say i think we'll have to look to the draft for WR help.

Good year overall i think and Lamar has the potential to be a real weapon. Plus the steelers look like they're imploding so thats always a bonus. Scary how good the browns look like they could be though!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1082246678500032512?s=21

You’ll probably have to click into that to see all the points. I agree with it completely.

It was long time for a change, but Flacco will always be remembered extremely fondly. Always a class act as a person and some great moments on the field too. I still have no idea how we won that Super Bowl! :pac:

Pick 22 next year

I wouldn’t say no to an amazing guard or center :)

Ah lots of time for speculation yet

• Advertisement

Next year’s opponents set.

Probably not too much point in discussing as the difficulty or otherwise of them will change dramatically in the coming months, but on first glance the home slate looks kind and the away slate utterly brutal.

Home:
    Browns
    Bengals
    Steelers
    49ers
    Cardinals
    Jets
    Texans
    Patriots

Away:
    Browns
    Bengals
    Steelers
    Seahawks
    Chiefs
    Rams
    Dolphins
    Bills

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Pick 22 next year

I wouldn’t say no to an amazing guard or center :)

Ah lots of time for speculation yet

Yeah - I think G, C and edge rusher are our top needs, followed by some explosive offensive help for Jackson, whether that be WR or an RB with good hands.

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1083722506232647680?s=21

He has worked with Kaepernick and Tyrod.

Makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Was happy we got to play a Wild Card game this year at least. Did not think we would make it.
    Need to build a stronger, bigger offensive line.
    Lamar Jackson has done very well for a young man in his first professional season.
    Hopefully we can draft well.

https://twitter.com/pressboxonline/status/1087755554322288640?s=21

7 years ago, crazy! :eek:

Although Lee Evans is more culpable IMO, dropping a perfect pass for the game-winning TD.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/joeflacco/status/1105940593992183810?s=21

Always such a classy guy, which was proven ten fold the way he handled losing his job during the season.

Good luck, Joe.

Big changes for next season. Disappointed to see C.J Mosley leave. Will need some of the younger line backers to step up now.

Interesting thread regarding Lamar on the below Tweet:

https://twitter.com/cianaf/status/1110663910980575232?s=21

Michael Pierce and Brandon Williams still need to shed some more pounds. Hilarious they came back so out of shape. Especially Pierce.

Looking forward to seeing more of Peanut playing this season.

Hollywood is going to create some serious space for other receivers/tight ends if the Eagles game is anything to go by. Impressed with McSorley so far too.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

This thread has been quiet for a while!

Flying over for the ravens browns game this weekend. First ever game so I really can’t wait.

Unsure how it will play out, really don’t rate the browns at all so far. Baker mayfield looks like a completely different QB, but I think the loss this weekend will have seriously fired them up.

I think we’ll scrap and win but our defense could struggle and our Oline will be under serious pressure to keep Myles Garret contained.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

Funny how this thread has been quite active the past few years and goes quiet this year!

There is a strong argument to say the Ravens are the best team in the NFL right now surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

We're afraid to say anything in case we jinx it.

This thread has been quiet for a while!

Flying over for the ravens browns game this weekend. First ever game so I really can’t wait.

Share some photos! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Share some photos! :)

I definitely will.

I would say we are definitely the hardest team to beat in it right now. I can't believe I travelled all the way to Baltimore this year and it was the game we play brutal in!

• Advertisement

Skura played every snap last season and this. I love to see undrafted players succeed . Now on IR :(

He was on The Lounge podcast that the Ravens media staff do earlier this month. Check out that podcast if you are not already, its quite funny :)

I don't know a lot about the backup Patrick Mekari or new signing Jake Brendel

I was thinking maybe Bozeman is tried at center and the versatile James Hurst goes to guard. Might be daft, just a thought. A shame for Skura anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Another huge win. Absolutely Lamarvelous

Advertisement