Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baltimore Ravens Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Eugene Monroe out for 2-4 weeks after minor knee surgery

Rookie UDFA James Hurst will get his shot at left tackle

Big chance for the young player, he could turn out to be a gem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭youngco87

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Eugene Monroe out for 2-4 weeks after minor knee surgery

Rookie UDFA James Hurst will get his shot at left tackle

Big chance for the young player, he could turn out to be a gem :)

He must be doing something right in practice. I'm glad they aren't reshuffling the whole line though, KO has been a beast at guard so far this year. Panthers on Sunday will be a good challenge for Hurst

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Why isn't Elam being used as SS? I thought that was the plan for him this year but it seems like he is always covering the slot. Are the Ravens out of CBs?

Only 4 CB's on the roster. Lardarius Webb is active on gameweeks again but he was sloooooooooow in Week3, clearly not fit yet

In 2-3 weeks Webb should hopefully be fit again and they can put him in the slot or put him outside and move the #3 corner Asa Jackson to the slot. Will Hill's suspension will be over and will hopefully lock down the free safety role.

This frees up Elam to stick to strong safety. Until then we can expect to Elam get burned in coverage which is all too regular

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What is the story with Arthur Brown?

Inactive again today. Loads of people (fans and those around the league) said he was a cracking pick where we got him, and from what I'd saw of him I felt the same, but there was the trade rumours a few weeks ago and he's now on his 4th game in a row inactive.

• Advertisement

Seems to be the coaches are not confident in him. Not the first time they benched a 2nd round pick, Paul Kruger barely saw the field for a year and a half.

Brown still has a role to play. He may take over from Daryl Smith before the end of the season

Todd Heaaaaaaaap goes into the Ravens Ring of Honour today

apg-vertical.jpg

Was the Ravens 1st round pick after Superbowl XXXV. Never made it to a Superbowl which is disappointing

499 catches
    5,869 yds
    42 TD's
    2 probowls

A fine career on some pretty poor Ravens teams over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

So, not to get all political and ruin the good football spirits after yesterdays win, but how does everyone feel about the Rice situation now and how has it made you feel so far? Still playing on my mind and I know there are some great opinion givers knocking about in here.

So, has it changed your feelings towards the team, are you worried about the allegations against Bisciotti trying to cover it all up with Goodell in the first place, and on an over-all note, what team member are you most attached to now that would be heart breaking to see them leave? Who do you love, not necessarily for their stats, but also their behaviour and personality inside and outside of the league.

Discuss! :)

To start it off, I was so disappointed and angry at every new revelation in this case. My third year following the team and the NFL, and Rice was someone I liked watching and I liked the "stand up citizen" reputation he had. I supported him as a player and a person. I had the jersey (which I unstitched the name tag off, and now have a blank No.27 jersey :p ) which I wore on game days. So yeah, it was a kick in the gut, especially now with the ESPN article and his apparent move for an appeal? It seems he's almost dragging everyone else down with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Great win last night. Watching the full game now.

As for the Ray Rice situation there were few options that the Ravens could take. They had to cut him. The video is shocking. Best to forget about it now. Harsh lesson. Move on. We have very good running backs in Pierce, Forsett and Taliaferro.

C.J. Mosley is starting to get a serious amount of praise from fans and experts alike.

• Advertisement

Could get defensive rookie of the year :)

Here is a video a fan put together

Could get defensive rookie of the year :)

Here is a video a fan put together

Yeah, he's better than I thought he'd be to be honest. I knew he'd be good, but he's far better in coverage than he was in college, well, from what I saw on his college tape anyway, admittedly I could have failed to analyse it properly.

From ESPN:
    He's also the third-highest rated inside linebacker by Pro Football Focus. How impressive is that? Mosley trails only Luke Kuechly, the reigning NFL defensive player of the year, and Bobby Wagner, the leading tackler for the Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks.

Superb performance all-round today. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Great game but the bucs were truly awful, watched all the Ravens games on gamepass so far this year and they are by far the worst team I've seen. Baffled how the saints only scraped by them. Glad torrey got a couple of TDs, hopefully he continues it now.

I wasn't following the NFL when Lovie Smith was consistently getting the Bears to the playoffs including a Superbowl. He seems to have a great reputation as a defensive coach. The Bucs were horrendous out there though

Rookie John Urschel played very well at left guard. Got a great block on the Pierce TD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Great win against the Falcons tonight to go 5-2. Will get to watch the full game tomorrow.

Two huge divisional games coming up now, @ Bengals and @ Steelers. If we could go 1-1 there we look in a great position.

Top of the division!!

Two division games coming up.

Playing in the late kickoff next Sunday @ Bengals

And the following week on Monday Night Football @ Steelers

edit: beaten to it, curse ya Paully! :p My post gave kickoff times :cool:

Haha, great minds think alike Mike :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Certainly have nothing to fear at Steelers but think its going to be very tough to get anything at the Bengals.

• Advertisement

Certainly have nothing to fear at Steelers but think its going to be very tough to get anything at the Bengals.

The Bengals that were just shut out against the Colts?
    I think we avenge our first loss next week, then our second in the AFC Championship game :P

Joe Danneman ‏@FOX19Joe
    Heard AJ Green tell a teammate in locker room (paraphrasing): Tired of sitting and watching. I'm playing next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Top of the division!!

Two division games coming up.

Playing in the late kickoff next Sunday @ Bengals

And the following week on Monday Night Football @ Steelers

Are we the late game next week? Fixtures have it as an early game.

I am wrong, next week @Bengals is an early kickoff

Just wondering with our CB troubles why we haven't given Dmitri Patterson a workout? He was an OK guy with the Jets until he ****ed up. Surely he's worth a min contract? Low risk high reward...

I only saw the result this morning - but what the hell happened last night? :eek::(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Paully D wrote: »
    I only saw the result this morning - but what the hell happened last night? :eek::(:mad:

I watched the first half. We started fantastically, scored a great touchdown and were sacking Ben for fun. Then Talliefero fumbled and the thing went to ****. They scored, then intercepted flacco and scored again. That was that pretty much that.We were torched by their receivers, we need Smith back.

Still plenty to be hopeful about though. Mosley was great again. The defense and pass rush looked great for a period. I am confident we will beat the titans and get back on track.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

its ok lads.. you play the Titans next week :o:pac:

Chykie Brown cut today, no loss

This leaves Webb & Franks as the only healthy corners on the roster. Jimmy Smith to recover while Asa Jackson is still on IR.

Anyone remember Danny Gorrer who was on the roster a few years back. Was pretty good as I remember and he was cut by the Lions today. I hope they bring him for a chance. I remember only good things about him anyway

200px-Danny_Gorrer_2011_stadium_practice.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

if the Titans O-line can manage to keep Mett upright our WRs should kick your secondarys ass tbh

Advertisement