Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Ulick McGee!!!!:D

I once had to call a Ruth Mcgee over the intercom of a supermarket once..
    Doesn't sound too great..

Sounds fine if you can pronounce Ruth properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Little Miss Lady

summerskin wrote: »
    Sounds fine if you can pronounce Ruth properly.

If you say so Ruth :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Pinklady11

I work with a woman named Eithne! :eek:

I also lived down the road from kid (boy) called Munro! :confused:

And just a few weeks ago a girl I know called her baby girl Mackenzie.

Seriously people, cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    ROFL. Now, that I could consider. :D:D:D:D

How you doin'? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Pinklady11 wrote: »
    I work with a woman named Eithne!

What's wrong with Eithne?

Seriously people, cop the **** on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Pherekydes wrote: »
    What's wrong with Eithne?

Seriously people, cop the **** on.

It sounds like C2H6... :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

funny how all the "stories" of Shakiras and Rhiannas etc all involve women shouting at them in Dublin accents, or are from Ballymun etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Chinasea wrote: »
    Heard a doctor commenting (off the record) in a maternity hospital that if you were to meet up with the babies named by the Dub inner city/council estates socio economic groups like 'Shanika, Madison, Casey, Tayler, Sha'era, Shania, Shambia,Dylan,Coutney, Leydon, and a lot more worser ones., you will find that many of them end up doomed to a life of what is termed as 'depravation'.

so you slag off inner city dubliners for having no class or comprehension of what most perceive as a normal name ,yet the worst use of English i have seen on boards in years is used by you ..... oh the ironing

or it could be a spelling mistake - on a forum that has spell check - tut tut
    mind you i can talk , i once spelt concicending wroning , and the more i tried the worser and worser it get

so if you had the good fortune to meet einstein - homer - marie curie - sebullus or butros butos ghali you would have sniggered at their stupid names

the awful names in your opinion of today will be the ones who cure your ailment in the future

intelligence is not a social thing - opportunity is - you do well to remember that

so for reference what is your award winning name my friend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Billy the

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

It sounds like C2H6... :pac:

Eithne sounds like ethane?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Ceatharlach

Mia.

I know several young mothers who named their premature daughters "Mia" I don`t get it why is it so common? In my opinion it is very plain and uninspiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

bruschi wrote: »
    funny how all the "stories" of Shakiras and Rhiannas etc all involve women shouting at them in Dublin accents, or are from Ballymun etc.

Why is it funny? That's exactly the kind of area most of the Shakiras and Rhiannas live in. Where I live, it's mainly the traveller kids who have popstar names. Call me a snob all you like, but I can't see a university lecturer or a doctor calling their newborn Beyonce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Mia.

I know several young mothers who named their premature daughters "Mia" I don`t get it why is it so common? In my opinion it is very plain and uninspiring.

The only MIA I know of is far from either of those. I think it's a lovely name myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,546 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

dj jarvis wrote: »
    so you slag off inner city dubliners for having no class or comprehension of what most perceive as a normal name ,yet the worst use of English i have seen on boards in years is used by you ..... oh the ironing

or it could be a spelling mistake - on a forum that has spell check - tut tut
    mind you i can talk , i once spelt concicending wroning , and the more i tried the worser and worser it get

so if you had the good fortune to meet einstein - homer - marie curie - sebullus or butros butos ghali you would have sniggered at their stupid names

the awful names in your opinion of today will be the ones who cure your ailment in the future

intelligence is not a social thing - opportunity is - you do well to remember that

so for reference what is your award winning name my friend

Who is Sebullus ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Who is Sebullus ?

the urban rap artist who specialized in backing wind and string compositions by his well known cousin sibelius - your lack of knowledge of Finnish rap artists from the mid 1800s is laughable

Te pyöritte tämän musiikin tahdissa ö yo mother****er

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Chuck was taken

Mia.

They think their children will be like those spoilt American kids with the weird names...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Keith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Bruce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

...the name can't be considered in isolation from the accent its going to be spoken in.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

I hate the name kate-lin spelt Caitlin. Dammit it's katleen.

• Advertisement

Kewreeuss wrote: »

It's more like cawtch linn is it not? Suppose it depends if the fada is on the "a" or second "i"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I know a little girl called Tory, not short for Victoria, just Tory. I know another one called Rihanna as well.

Little boy who lives near me was saddled with Josiah.

Another little girl born not so long ago, nikita, I think it sounds like a stripper name but as one of her relations said '' it's a name you would put on a husky dog''

Was in a shop one day when I heard mother call her child, Travis, come here, Travis. Bad form!

And finally my on the bus story, I was on the bus one day when I heard a mother give out to her three kids telling them to sit down, shakira, shania and ..........ronan???. The kids did sit down but proceeded to sing rebel songs, interesting journey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

Ya ya ya Happy new year ye shower of legends :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Kewreeuss wrote: »

Or even Kathleen. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    I know a little girl called Tory, not short for Victoria, just Tory. I know another one called Rihanna as well.

Little boy who lives near me was saddled with Josiah.

Another little girl born not so long ago, nikita, I think it sounds like a stripper name but as one of her relations said '' it's a name you would put on a husky dog''

Was in a shop one day when I heard mother call her child, Travis, come here, Travis. Bad form!

And finally my on the bus story, I was on the bus one day when I heard a mother give out to her three kids telling them to sit down, shakira, shania and ..........ronan???. The kids did sit down but proceeded to sing rebel songs, interesting journey.

Jesus forfend the day when we all call all our children Patrick, Padraig and Paddy again; that's what I dread.

Let diversity be. Who cares if they're a bit mad? At least they aren't boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I know a little girl called Tory, not short for Victoria, just Tory.
    Maybe she is called after Tori Amos ;)

http://www.toriamos.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Maybe she is called after Tori Amos ;)

http://www.toriamos.com/

Believe me her parents are not the types that listen to Tori Amos if you get my drift.

Believe me her parents are not the types that listen to Tori Amos if you get my drift.
    I'm thinking they are very political so.... maybe even Conservatives :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Maybe not the worst, but a guy in my primary school was called Hugo.

Always sounded like an outdated Home Counties type of name.

• Advertisement

Maybe not the worst, but a guy in my primary school was called Hugo.

Always sounded like an outdated Home Counties type of name.
    I'm thinking Hugo Boss..... Ah Hugo isn't a bad name at all.

Advertisement