Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

I know a little girl called Aalaiyeeah. Another vowel please Carol....

Another name please Carol, this one's sh1te!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

It's actually spelt Sadhbh. And I think it's a beautiful name.

It's actually also spelt the way in which I wrote it: Sadbh. More than one way to skin a cat don't you know?! And good for you that you think it's a beautiful name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I reckon that the Hunger Games series is going to be responsible for alot of weird names in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

heldel00 wrote: »
    Meant to add earlier, my new surname is King. You would not believe how many names do not go with King...
    Shay king
    Joe king
    Faye king
    Wan king (obv joking with this one!)

Are you related to yer man Nosmo? Sticks signs up everywhere so he does . . .

I've already got my coat.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

ratmouse wrote: »
    I reckon that the Hunger Games series is going to be responsible for alot of weird names in the future.

In the same way that Skangers & Irish language hawks are responsible for a lot of weird names now, I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Heard a track suit clad mother roaring after two kids yesterday. A boy and a girl. "Croo-iz, geh back here ya lirrel bollix ya". I don't know which was worse,

A) the fact the Ma was cursing at a 3 year old.

B) the kid was called Cruise.

C) I don't know if it was the boy or the girl she was roaring at.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

gay used to be a popular name 20 years ago

not any more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

Nimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I went to university with a guy who was from Zambia. His family were all well-to-do city folk, but the father's brother was a real country type, chieftain of his tribe.

So... my pal had two cousins, one called landrover and one called gearbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Now Ive no problem with traditional Irish names, but I heard of a w@nkery family from South Dublin whose kids were all named after obscure Irish characters from ancient writings, so they were Tiarnach, Ossan, Naoise, Narbhla and a couple of other phlegmy monikers.

Now sorry if any of you are reading this, but how your parents thought those names would ease your path through this cosmopolitan world I have no idea. Narbhla sounds like a dreadful consumptive disease originating in the genitals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Virginia Macari called her kid Thor. WTF was going through her head...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

There's a Dulcie in my son's class...never heard it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

There's a Jamie Lee in Finglas , not so bad you may think , but HIS surname is Curtis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Dwane pipes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Hoop66 wrote: »
    I went to university with a guy who was from Zambia. His family were all well-to-do city folk, but the father's brother was a real country type, chieftain of his tribe.

So... my pal had two cousins, one called landrover and one called gearbox.
    Didn't they have a cousin who went off to America and became a cop?
    I think his name is Axel Foley.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

During the summer I was in a playground in a well to do suburb and met a family with children called Harris, Chesterfield and Cinnamon. No word of a lie. An Irish family too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

My wife and I like the naval tradition for naming the kids, so they are called Aisling, Aoife, Eithne, Orla, Ciara, Roisín, Niamh and Samuel Beckett.

Needless to say, two of the three boys aren't best pleased......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

smash wrote: »
    Virginia Macari called her kid Thor. WTF was going through her head...

I know a kid called Loki. I hope they don't end up in the same school or there'll be hell to pay…

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

There is a Stalyn in my daughter's class....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

I know a woman of African origin named "Pretty Sithole"

It's pronounced Sit-hole-ay but when written out it looks terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    I know a woman of African origin named "Pretty Sithole"

It's pronounced Sit-hole-ay but when written out it looks terrible.
    There's a South African guy called Tokyo Sexwale

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bowie The Boss Dee

jca wrote: »
    I can top that. A woman I know called her son Bowie and her surname is Dee. Yep he's Bowie Dee.

Mup outta dat, your on here givin it the big spuds but you soon pussied out when I collared you in town a few days ago ya big innocent fool ya!

If anyone else has beef with my name il fight any of you dirty eejits outside mallocas chipper any time, it will be over in a second, three hits - me hitting you, you hitting the floor and the ambulance hitting 90! You'l have a face like a burst matress. Real Talk!

I'm bowie the boss Dee make no mistake.

Peace out ya bagels!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

What the fucck? ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

I know a girl called Salmon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

My sister knows someone with a friend called Dorian. It's not a Wildean reference I'm afraid, it's after your man in "50 shades of grey".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Worked with a girl who had a kid called "Rider".

Oh yeah. In my old job I had to take down a customers contact detes to send him an invoice, in all our contact he'd only ever written his name as "Mr P Mpumbo" (think chap was from South Africa). I needed his full name for our records and he eventually reluctantly spelled it out to me as "Perfect", not sounding like a happy bunny at all. Now there's a fella who hates his Ma and Da.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Cornelius and Maggie May, she has a sister called Kitty... :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I worked with someone with two girls called Ocean and Aqua. Ocean was pronounced o-zjan.

• Advertisement

I heard a mother in town call her son 'little ****' i dont like double barrel names buts thats defo not a nice name at all!

Advertisement