Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭Dartz

Tafuk

Heard that one in St. Stephen's Green..

C'mere Tafuk! C'mere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

quickbeam wrote: »
    Alex James, Blur's bassist called his kids: Geronimo, Artemis, Galileo, Sable and Beatrix. First three are boys' names, last two are girls'.

Ger, Artie & Leo! The girls are screwed though. ..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Makenzi.

*Shudder.*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

cactusgal wrote: »
    I'm currently in the US visiting relations.

Heard a new one today - Braelin. Wtf??? That's not a name, it's a sound.

The sound of a sick donkey!!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭shuffle65

Lived in the US in the late 80's, my daughter went to school there with a girl called Typhani.. pronounced Tiffany, horrible either way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Have a lot of family in England, in the last few years we've welcomed Finley, Ernest and Archie (Archibald) into the world...Not my taste.
    As a teacher though, it's almost a good thing for some different names to come around; having 20 boys called "Killian" or "Cian", or girls called "Sophie" gets old fairly quickly!!

I have four girls in my class with same pronunciation but different spelling!!!
    Eva
    Ava
    Aoibhe
    Eabha

and four Cormacs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

There's a Shania and a Shakira going around Limerick.

Fcuk sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

shuffle65 wrote: »
    Lived in the US in the late 80's, my daughter went to school there with a girl called Typhani.. pronounced Tiffany, horrible either way

When I was teaching in the US in the late 90s, I had a class with a Bailey, Sutton, Tinsley, Tierney, and Taylor. All girls!!

There's a Shania and a Shakira going around Limerick.

Fcuk sake.

We had sisters at school called Shania and Shakira few years ago! Would they ever be the same or are there two different sets of parents out there that need a good box?! (It was in Cavan btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 cailin8

Dodge, like the car/pickup brand I assume?

It's like naming your child Peugeot ...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Omar.

Omar O'Keefe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

heldel00 wrote: »
    We had sisters at school called Shania and Shakira few years ago! Would they ever be the same or are there two different sets of parents out there that need a good box?! (It was in Cavan btw)

Are they fond of life on the road/roadside?

Are they fond of life on the road/roadside?

YES. That's gas. Small world!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

Barney

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

My sister in law is expecting her first, a boy, and has narrowed the names down to Hunter or Jett.

They're Gladiators, not kid's names ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

A cousin in the States has a young lad called Lexington, or Lex for short. Second name Theodore, God help him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

I've heard 'sky' a few times recently....how hideous....imagine being named after a TV channel, Island off Scotland, the blue thing above us all or grey here in Eire...or how about a first name that just shouldn't go before a surname........one that comes to mind would be a guy called 'roger' with a surname of 'mee'.....

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

cactusgal wrote: »
    When I was teaching in the US in the late 90s, I had a class with a Bailey, Sutton, Tinsley, Tierney, and Taylor. All girls!!

Taylor's okay for an American name. The others are horrible. Sutton?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

Someone at work recently named their kid Slade

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

Watching Wheel of Fortune here in the States with the folks. Three sisters from a family in the studio audience are named ... Rory, Ryan, and Reese.

Barf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭goiko

This Irish blogger called Anna Saccone named her daughter Emilia Tommasina and her son Eduardo Jonathan. I hate double names in general but even more so when using names that have a male and female variety (as in Emilio/Emilia, Eduardo/Eduarda, etc.)

Among Irish girl names I really don't like Caoimhe, Grainne and Aine, mostly because of their pronunciation. And I recently heard Dervla for the first time, I would definitely have to add that one. As for boy names, Rory/Ruairí, Darragh, Fergal, Fionn and Barry are probably the ones I like the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

ManOnFire wrote: »
    Someone at work recently named their kid Slade

That is the name of the prison in Porridge.
    Might as well have called him Mountjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

A guy I know is called PenisFace O'Malley. Don't know what the parents were thinking.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

No he isn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

I've heard of a 'Dawson Meagher'...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Finon - sounds like a sneeze or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I'm happy my name isn't "unique" or common after reading all your comments....!!
    my Surname is very Irish, from Galway, and is always mistaken for "faty".... ffs!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭ewinslet

Síofra is another name to add to the list of Irish names given to children by their gob****e parents - parents who then send them to Irish speaking schools to learn crucially important subjects like maths through Irish and then wonder why their child is a total idiot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Clodagh :( senan :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

SMJSF wrote: »
    I'm happy my name isn't "unique" or common after reading all your comments....!!
    my Surname is very Irish, from Galway, and is always mistaken for "faty".... ffs!

Mavis Fahy ??

Advertisement