Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

farmchoice wrote: »
    I just came across a "mommy blogger" (puke) whose kids are called Kyle, Noa Belle, Briar, and Milla.
    Briar? as in ''i fell into some briars and ripped my jeans''

Sounds like it, maybe blackberry bush will catch on.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

Anyone remember the ad...

"Perestroika, yer dinner's ready"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I just came across a "mommy blogger" (puke) whose kids are called Kyle, Noa Belle, Briar, and Milla.
    I don't mind all the Kyles. Anyone of them could be the Kyle sent from the future to save us all from the Terminators :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Moomoomacshoe

Really don't like the name Senan which is becoming popular or Tadhg ugh. Can't stand the name Wilf either.

Controversial one:Eleanor..have never known a 'normal" Eleanor, tend to be loony bins(adults I mean). So big nope to that one for kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Really don't like the name Senan which is becoming popular or Tadhg ugh. Can't stand the name Wilf either.

Controversial one:Eleanor..have never known a 'normal" Eleanor, tend to be loony bins(adults I mean). So big nope to that one for kids.
    Wtf is that? Is it a foreign name? Sorry I've just never come across it and the first thing I thought of when I saw it was Milf :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Wtf is that? Is it a foreign name? Sorry I've just never come across it and the first thing I thought of when I saw it was Milf :o

What? You thought they called a child after an extremist Islamic group? MILF

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Margret - horrible name and ive never met a Margret that I liked (adults that is).

Recently heard of an American child called 'Ireland' - I mean really, come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Moomoomacshoe

Paddy Cow wrote: »

Haha no it's an actual child's name..soo awful!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Margret - horrible name and ive never met a Margret that I liked (adults that is).

The actor Alec Baldwin has a daughter called Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Ipso wrote: »
    I knew a Fuinneog once, she was a real pain.

She tried to be deceptive, but you could see right through her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Saint_Mel wrote: »

That was absolutely paneful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I've seen a couple of little Irelynn's online. The -lynn ending makes it cuter. Obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

"Eyer-Laaan-D"

Fair enough if the Americans could say the bloody word properly it wouldn't be too bad of a name.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Shirlywhirl

In the book i'm currently reading the author acknowledges her daughter Clementine Pie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

A fella at my old High School was named Topper.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Recently came across one I had never heard before - Atticus.

Presumed it was something from Harry Potter, but apparently he was a Greek philosopher. Would certainly stand out amongst the boys in our local national school.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Recently came across one I had never heard before - Atticus.

Presumed it was something from Harry Potter, but apparently he was a Greek philosopher. Would certainly stand out amongst the boys in our local national school.

I’d associate it with Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird.

I read this earlier and thought of this thread.
    Seventeen year old Gypsy is having a tough time with Facebook deleting her profile as her name is a “racial slur”.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/why-is-she-getting-singled-out-facebook-bans-irish-girls-account-after-saying-her-name-is-a-racial-slur-38415950.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Oh heres to you, Gypsy Robinson
    Your ma must hate you more than you can know
    Whoa, whoa, whoa
    God bless ya please, Gypsy Robinson
    Hell holds a place for those who name
    Like they're insane
    Hey, hey, hey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Came across an Arlo recently. Poor boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Screen-Shot-2017-12-19-at-5.50.48-PM.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

So does Kim Bassinger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Ipso wrote: »
    I knew a Fuinneog once, she was a real pain.

I saw that coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Facebook/Instagram pages for businesses who do personalised clothing are absolute gold mines for knackery kid names. Came across the following all on one page this morning:

Prezzi-Jai
    Raiya
    Kolby
    Kaizer
    Skyler
    Mason
    Ruby May

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

I see your Arlo and raise you two Arlos. I know two completely separate people who have named their sons Arlo in the past year.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Gobnait and Cranait are popular girls names in gaeltacht areas. Do they actually hate their children?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I heard a Rocky the other day. He was a toddler walking round the street with only an Ireland jersey on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Tanner.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I like the name Arlo. I love quirky names and am surprised that my son's name hasn't appeared on this thread. I know someone with a Fletcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

Love Arlo Guthrie's music. Son of Woody Guthrie. The train they call New Orleans was a classic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I like the name Arlo. I love quirky names and am surprised that my son's name hasn't appeared on this thread. I know someone with a Fletcher.

Sounds like Felcher....

Advertisement