Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭Glebee

Omackeral wrote: »
    Maybe their mother was a warrior princess and their father was a bad ass archaeologist?

Doubt it going from what I saw:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Rubee-Roase
    Nicole Kidman called one of her daughter's Sunday Rose. I always read it as Sunday Roast :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Faye........if your surname is King

(just don't)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Faye........if your surname is King

(just don't)

And don't forget the brother Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I have a note saved on my phone where I keep an record of all the really awful names I come across in Mum Facebook Groups - there's some shockers on there.

The worst is a little girl called Kherington. Runner up being the girl called Myrphie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Sef

• Registered Users Posts: 6 chang_su

Any common name written erroneously: e.g. Wash-ink-ton

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Woshy wrote: »
    I have a note saved on my phone where I keep an record of all the really awful names I come across in Mum Facebook Groups - there's some shockers on there.

The worst is a little girl called Kherington. Runner up being the girl called Myrphie

Shall we call her Myrtle or Sophie?
    Wait....I have an idea! :pac:

That is the only way I'll accept that monstrosity came to exist. I refuse to believe someone could bastardise Murphy that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Using Murphy as a forename is a shooting offence in itself.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Using Murphy as a forename is a shooting offence in itself.

I know - even Murphy is a horrific name for a baby girl, never mind making the spelling all cutesie. This lady used to post a lot in a group I'm in and I just couldn't take her seriously. Naturally, most of the women in the group are American.

Some of the boys names I have saved are Dresden, Cleveland, Oslo, Banks and October.

Also another contender for the girl top spot was the baby named Pov.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Fanny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Niska

Woshy wrote: »

Also another contender for the girl top spot was the baby named Pov.

maybe some empathy, you know, see it from her point of view...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

"Tyler... take off yar shoe-es on the zorb-es"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Not a kid's name, but just saw on Forensic Files a detective called Buzz Busby. How could you take someone seriously with a name like that? Bzzzzzzz!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I was watching some nature programme earlier and a kid taking part in it was asked his name and he said Rigsby.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ballsdeep69

Denise & de nephew

I saw this on Facebook and cringed at the names, which are (as far as I can make out) Rustin, Terrance, Sei'anna and Zy'rianna.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

I saw this on Facebook and cringed at the names, which are (as far as I can make out) Rustin, Terrance, Sei'anna and Zy'rianna.

Ha I just came across that same photo. Useful idea though. Probably not as much use when kid wears same uniform mon-fri.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

First name looks like Austin, last two look like a brangelina mash up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Granny got a cold, sharp shock when she brought her grandson, Kookie, 9, for an ice-cream treat in Dublin city centre to cool down in the Summer heat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Lavina-Marie followed by four very Irish surnames, 4!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Granny got a cold, sharp shock when she brought her grandson, Kookie, 9, for an ice-cream treat in Dublin city centre to cool down in the Summer heat.

I came here to post that! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I came here to post that! :pac:

I'm pretty certain I've won the thread.

Just heard of a girl (American) called Daleynee. It's supposed to be pronounced like Delaney ... a cruel enough name for a girl even with the correct spelling!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

Aaw thanks for that. Followed the link to the chalkboard story too. Wow. Those spellings...

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I just came across a "mommy blogger" (puke) whose kids are called Kyle, Noa Belle, Briar, and Milla.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

An old neighbour of mine called her daughter "Disney"
    I suspect she is now dancing on a pole somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

I swear I heard one family that had a Mason and a Tyler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

I just came across a "mommy blogger" (puke) whose kids are called Kyle, Noa Belle, Briar, and Milla.
    Briar? as in ''i fell into some briars and ripped my jeans''

Advertisement