Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

I heard a beautiful chinese woman being called angel a few years back and I thought what a beautiful name but the other day a cork north side woman screamed com'on angel were leaving to her daughter and it just didn't have the same ring to it

I heard Chantelle being roared in the same accent in Dunnes Blackpool. Beautiful name ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Was at a soccer match during the week U13's boys, listening to the other team supporters egging on their team, lad up the front for them was called Peace. Come on Peace, pass the ball Peace.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭appledrop

Rocky .... Ffs that's a dog's name not a child's name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Give Peace a chance...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

pilly wrote: »
    I've only recently decided to watch Downton Abbey for the first time. Am I right in saying the dog is called Isis? If so maybe it's an official name.

I know a woman of that name. I'd actually like it if it wasn't for the terrorists. The parents were probably thinking of the Egyptian goddess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Some girl I knew in year 7 at school was called Lady Dinka by everyone, including the teachers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Shawn, Kieran or Ella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭jimbobalob309

Quentin
    Cornelius
    Ruth

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Quentin
    Cornelius
    Ruth

Heeeeeey :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Safarrah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

After Rocco and Kadesh were done on their prison visit yesterday, Lawson was up to see daddy. Told my missus and she said it'd be funny if he asks his why papa why he's in jail. "Cos I broke the law, son"

• Administrators Posts: 13,901 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Shamika Dunphy*

surname has been changed to protect the innocent. The real surname is equally as Irish, though.

I also know of siblings, Brooklyn and Beyoncé. Also with a very Irish surname.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I also know of siblings, Brooklyn and Beyoncé. Also with a very Irish surname.

I'd wager their parents aren't stock brokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Parents are spelling Irish language name of newborn wrong (backwards fada, think Seàn, Siobhàn, Sinèad). It can't be some new style thing, it's just wrong! Looks ridiculous!

Do I tell them or leave it be?

It all depends, do they call it a fada or do they call it an accent, and how do they want to pronounce the letter? I haven't come across it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Leah.

Does that translate as grey in English?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Blessing
    Israel
    Yaw
    Fortune

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

It all depends, do they call it a fada or do they call it an accent, and how do they want to pronounce the letter? I haven't come across it yet.

They know it's an Irish name, so it can only be a fada. The name is pronounced like it's a fada.

Then tell them!

I know a girl who liked the name Aaron but wanted to spell it differently. So she named her son Arán. On his birth cert, and all! She had/has another son with a name ending in -án and wanted to keep the theme...

Actually... I'll add Arán to the list!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

We've got Larah..... Not sure if that's the way to spell it proper but the missus was out of her head after having her and wasn't in the humor of been told any different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Blessing
    Israel
    Yaw
    Fortune

I think I will name my next son Israel.

Actually no I want to name him Salvatore.

Sal O'Connor.

Has a nice ring to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Schwanz wrote: »
    We've got Larah..... Not sure if that's the way to spell it proper but the missus was out of her head after having her and wasn't in the humor of been told any different.

Sounds like Laura right?

I think it's Latin in origin, maybe Russian?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tavern Wench

Dorcas and Eunan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'd wager their parents aren't stock brokers.

No they call their kids bollocky names like: Oscar, Oisin, Iseult and Fabian.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Then tell them!

I know a girl who liked the name Aaron but wanted to spell it differently. So she named her son Arán. On his birth cert, and all! She had/has another son with a name ending in -án and wanted to keep the theme...

Actually... I'll add Arán to the list!

Sooooo she called her child Bread. Well done her... fcukin idiot

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 255 ✭✭PuppyMcPupFace

I know it's probably a common name but I know of a Qatari kid in Dublin called Jihad.

He bears watching!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 255 ✭✭PuppyMcPupFace

Judge Judy just now - sisters against each other "Jamaica Beach" and "Encosma".

Jesus wept!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

Twins on a birthday call-out thingy on CBBC:
    Emmanuel and...
    Emmanuela
    Was one of them a surprise and they had run out of name ideas?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I don't know what name I heard but it sounded like Fee-a-nawn. Big emphasis on the nawn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,778 ✭✭✭✭Sadb

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Blessing
    Israel
    Yaw
    Fortune

Strangely I know an Israel too! Also there is a strength, precious, king and diamanté in my daughters year.

Advertisement