Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

This is from way way back though is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I think so but i just haven't a clue why dmx would put a video on facebook that was only uploaded yesterday, it could be his channel possibly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

So I just found out (late pass) that the Outlawz and Lil Cease have squashed their beef. What you think of it? Good thing? Bad thing? or is it all irrelevant now days?

I think its a pretty good thing, but don't think I really care about it as much as I would've done a few years ago.

When they getting Diddy in the studio then? ;)

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I think so but i just haven't a clue why dmx would put a video on facebook that was only uploaded yesterday, it could be his channel possibly?

Well that may be the case - hope it is either way he was youtubing his name so he might be getting ready to record more.

I thought the outlawz and lil cease stopped rapping in 96 and 97 respectively? (half joking)

15 years as he says - the east/west thing was way overhyped and had pretty much simmered out well over ten years ago anyway.

Well that may be the case - hope it is either way he was youtubing his name so he might be getting ready to record more.

I thought the outlawz and lil cease stopped rapping in 96 and 97 respectively? (half joking)

15 years as he says - the east/west thing was way overhyped and had pretty much simmered out well over ten years ago anyway.

I don't think he was youtubing his name because i went back to find it and it had so little views that it wasn't coming up in the first few pages so I'd say he has something to do with the uploading of it, on the same channel was a video of lil wayne showing respect for dmx as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

An American concert promoter claims he was kidnapped after Nas failed to appear at a show out in Angola.
    An American concert promoter named Patrick Allocco says that he and his son were kidnapped after Nas failed to show up at a New Year’s Eve performance in Angola.

According to TMZ, Allocco, who serves as CEO for AllGood Entertainment, and his son were kidnapped at gunpoint by employees of local “concert impresario” Henrique “Riquhino” Miguel, who had supplied money for the show.

Allocco had paid Nas and opening act Jemiah Jai $315,000 to perform two shows but both artists failed to get on flights to Angola. Miguel took him into custody as he feared that Allocco would leave the country before the matter was resolved. He and his son were passed off to local authorities, who interrogated them for seven hours before letting them go. They are still in Angola trying to work out the money issue.

"The hope is that Nas and Jemiah Jai will return all of the monies that were wired to them immediately so that our ransom may be paid and our safe return to the United States may be facilitated,” read a statement from Allocco’s people.

Mad stuff altogether.

I don't think he was youtubing his name because i went back to find it and it had so little views that it wasn't coming up in the first few pages so I'd say he has something to do with the uploading of it, on the same channel was a video of lil wayne showing respect for dmx as well.

Oh I didn't know that - it is either him or someone who knows him then worth following on youtube either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

So I just found out (late pass) that the Outlawz and Lil Cease have squashed their beef. What you think of it? Good thing? Bad thing? or is it all irrelevant now days?

i think ye its a good thing, that beef was real it went from music to the streets it passed the line and 2 young talented mc's lost their lives. but to be honest mate both kind of fell of a long time ago and a lot of people really lost interest in these 2 after the beef was over.

I know the outlawz were on the verge of signing with young buck before he got kicked out of g unit, 50 was giving buck his own spin of label called g unit south but that fell through but outlawz are quite heavyly ft'd on young bucks mixtapes to this day and have being doing a lot of work with him. As as lil cease was never really a fan, i knows he's been doing bodybuilding type videos the last few years but for me unless the 2 actually collab in a way that is interesting like a joint album i really dont see them getting much attention.
    Mad stuff altogether.

lol, nas is keeping that money that kelis one took him to the cleaners.. Nas just robbed these QB style :D.

lol, nas is keeping that money that kelis one took him to the cleaners.. Nas just robbed these QB style :D.

Wow I googled it and jesus you are not kidding - 55 grand a month he is supposedly paying in child support and thats separate to whatever she got from the divorce.

Wow I googled it and jesus you are not kidding - 55 grand a month he is supposedly paying in child support and thats separate to whatever she got from the divorce.

ye she really did do him bad, it happens though if i ever get that rich it will be made legal that my money is my money lol.

perfect example how nas was a sucker for love:(.

anyone else hear about the NWA film thats coming, cube is directing it possibly has the ptential to blow 8 mile,get rich,notorios out of the water if he gets it right considering the huge impact NWA had on hip hop pretty much introducing gangsta hip hop.

well dre was saying how there children might all have roles in it! i know eazy's son does rap he goes by the name of lil eazy e he is pretty bad imo but that doesnt matter.
    There have been previous reports that Eazy E's son, Lil Eazy was being considered for the role of his father in an upcoming NWA biopic "Straight Outta Compton." Eazy's daughter Erin Bria Wright, also threw her hat in the ring for the role, saying it shouldn't automatically go to her brother.

"I feel the role of my dad in a biopic should “Not” just be a “given” to my brother Lil Eazy solely on the strength that he is my father’s junior! To be honest my father has four sons total who all resemble him in their own way, just as I have an uncanny resemblance to my father and I am a girl," Bria wrote back in October 2011. "I think my brother should have to audition and earn the role by delivering a great read instead of just being handed the role—and I’d like to add that I feel I should have that same opportunity to audition for the role as well, and be given equal consideration based on my acting ability and not just my relation. I have dreamed of getting this role for many years now, as I have always been inspired by how Hilary Swank played a boy in “Boys Don’t Cry,” which I’ve referenced in a past AllHipHop.com interview in 2007."

While it's highly doubtful that Erin will get the part, it has been confirmed by Dr. Dre himself that the children of the legendary rap group will get a shot at portraying their fathers in the upcoming film.

"We're talking about it ... we'll see what happens," Dre told TMZ when they caught up with him recently.

Do you think it's a good idea for the kids of Eazy, Dre and Ice Cube to play their famous fathers in the movie or should they consider professional actors instead?

http://www.tmz.com/videos/1_ajkrihkb/?adid=rr_raw_and_uncut

• Advertisement

Nice this along with Tupacs film being released in 2012 will make it a great year for hip-hop all around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

well dre was saying how there children might all have roles in it!

Dre came across pretty well in that TMZ video, surprised to hear that he's involved in the NWA movie too! For some reason I thought he'd want nothing to do with it...

Hopefully all their sons don't end up playing their fathers in the movie...any idea when it will be released??

ice cubes son dough boy could definitely play him, he just looks like a young cube.

Aside from that theres a film on tonight with DMX in it, called Exit Wounds, it's on at 10 tonight on TCM just thought people might be interested since X has been a big subject on this forum lately.:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Nice this along with Tupacs film being released in 2012 will make it a great year for hip-hop all around.

wooooaaah, dont get ahead of yourself.

We dont know if the movies will be any good. Especially the proposed NWA one. Esentially, they are using inexperienced actors to portray the lives of thier fathers in something that is yet unscripted and not even in post production. :D

Boom_Bap wrote: »

We dont know if the movies will be any good. Especially the proposed NWA one. Esentially, they are using inexperienced actors to portray the lives of thier fathers in something that is yet unscripted and not even in post production. :D

well the lad that played biggie in notorious wasn't an actor and he did very well and then biggies son played the 12 year old version of himself and he was quite good aswell

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

well the lad that played biggie in notorious wasn't an actor and he did very well and then biggies son played the 12 year old version of himself and he was quite good aswell

I think the lad that played Biggie still needed to be casted and had to go through screen tests. And they may have just got lucky with Biggie's son.

Just because they are related to the person they are playing does not guarantee that they will be good actors.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Dre came across pretty well in that TMZ video, surprised to hear that he's involved in the NWA movie too! For some reason I thought he'd want nothing to do with it...

Hopefully all their sons don't end up playing their fathers in the movie...any idea when it will be released??

ye he actually did in fairness to him. The point you and boom bap made is a very relevant one that just because its there children doesnt mean its going to be gold.

i dont know the release date but i reckon it will be late 2012/ early 2013 tbh, i mean i doubt the actual script is even wrote and then they have to start pinning down actors to do the film. im looking forward to it though big time :)

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Considering what the films are about imo I will enjoy them no matter what, sure the actors are inexperienced but so are many actors starting out.

But ye we have no basis to say they are good actors but we all know the story and I don't see how they can screw that up with inexperienced actors.

I would not like to see famous actors play the roles - unless they got cube to play himself but otherwise new actors that look like them is best imo.

On the Tupac one I know the story will be well written.

Considering what the films are about imo I will enjoy them no matter what, sure the actors are inexperienced but so are many actors starting out.

But ye we have no basis to say they are good actors but we all know the story and I don't see how they can screw that up with inexperienced actors.

I would not like to see famous actors play the roles - unless they got cube to play himself but otherwise new actors that look like them is best imo.

Have you seen cubes son Doughboy? He is the fúckin image of him.

Have you seen cubes son Doughboy? He is the fúckin image of him.

Well he would be good to play a younger cube - but cube playing cube is best imo plus he is a proven actor.

BTW his sons have the two oddest names in rap.

• Advertisement

Well he would be good to play a younger cube - but cube playing cube is best imo plus he is a proven actor.

well doughboy got his name from boys n the hood and OMG is just a queer name, and cube is way too old to play a 20 something year old version of himself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

If Cube plays himself I will lose any interest I ever had in the NWA movie.
    Not sure about OMG, but Doughboy is an obvious homage to his fathers character in Boyz N The Hood.

Cube is a good actor - Eminem and 50 cent and others have basically played themselves in films to good effect.

He obviously could not playing 1980's Cube now, but he could play late NWA and his solo stuff or some parts anyway.

Dre clearly could not and should not play himself and I dont even know where Ren (besides still rapping) or Yella or Arabian Prince are so they are likely not good actors anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Wiz Khalifa denies stealing "Black And Yellow" concept. This would be a huge blow to his future if it was true. The only reason he really has any publicity is because of the song.
    UPDATE: Wiz Khalifa was hit with a lawsuit claiming that he stole his multiplatinum single from another Pennsylvania artist.

Wiz Khalifa's still riding off the high of his smash single "Black and Yellow" reaching triple platinum status, but that high may soon come crashing down. News broke today that Wiz has been served with a lawsuit claiming that he stole the concept behind his hit single from another Pennsylvania artist.

According to AllHipHop, songwriter Max Gregory Warren of Sharon, PA filed a suit against the Pittsburgh rapper for allegedly stealing the concept for "Black and Yellow" from his copyrighted '07 track "Pink N Yellow." Warren contends that Khalifa and company “engaged in a scheme to defraud [the] plaintiff out of the fruits of his copyright of the Subject song.”

The lawsuit also names "Black and Yellow" producers Stargate, Wiz's label Rostrum Records, Wiz’s publishing company PGH Sound, EMI Music Publishing, Warner Music Group and Atlantic Recording Corporation. The plaintiff is seeking $2,375,000 in damages for a litany of charges, including deceit, copyright infringement, civil conspiracy and unjust enrichment.

A full copy of the lawsuit can be found over at AllHipHop. DX will keep you updated on the case as more information comes to light.

i hope so man because its long over due, your talking a rapper here that has arguably a bigger influence on rappers lifes and even just people in general than any other rapper ever had.. imo there was no one better than pac at painting a picture and telling a story through his music.
    This would be a huge blow to his future if it was true. The only reason he really has any publicity is because of the song.

that would a major blow alright, there seems to be a growing case in people claiming so and so has stole there music/idea, id love to hear the pink & yellow version to compare.

but i think his new album or single not sure with snoop just went platnium already in which is impressive considering the way sales are these days.

interesting video of X been attacked on stage in LA too, looks your man had a blade or something.. im surprised X didnt react tbh and we all know he is fairly handy when it comes to fighting.

http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/dmx-attacked-onstage-by-crazed-fan-video

That lad was a Fúckin maniac, theres more illuminati shít for X to worry about.

"We don't stop the music for sh*t!"

Wow, that is dedication. the mad man.

looks like drake is taking more shots at common by the sounds of this, the beef is hopefully going to heat up... drake trying to look extra tough in the video doesn't suit him at all.

i hope luda and common collab and make bits out of him tbh, drake must actually think he can rap if he fancy his chances against common and recently ludacris too.

http://www.diversehiphop.com/blog/2012/01/rick-ross-stay-schemin-ft-drake-french-montana-music-video/

http://rapfix.mtv.com/2011/12/20/common-confirms-sweet-diss-was-directed-at-drake/

horrible song by the way

Jesus Drake stick to the singing, you got lucky with Luda but Common would destroy him.

• Advertisement

Common will eat him alive, Drake can't rap and most likely didn't write that shíte anyway.

Advertisement