Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Whenever a white rapper does say nígger they tend to be latino, i don't know where they get the idea that it's ok to say it, they're still white at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Whenever a white rapper does say nígger they tend to be latino, i don't know where they get the idea that it's ok to say it, they're still white at the end of the day.

True.

There's a video floating around somewhere on YouTube of fat joe being asked about it in an interview, had a look for it but can't find it.

But I think he started going on about the difference between nigga and nigg*r and how it's ok for him to use the slang, something like that anyway.

It's a very borderline/dodgy thing for a white person to use this slang IMO , I can understand rapping along to a song but in general everyday talk it's a no for me.

It's something I always admired eminem for too, he could of easily jumped on that like a fat joe etc but he didn't, glad too see yelawolf thinks the same. :)

off topic he looks like he's lost quite a bit of weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

Again with that word, am I the only one offended?
    Both pronunciations are a complete no no for a white Irish country boy, no matter what your "black" friend says, but the n word with the r on the end is down right degrading.

Ok just did a test, is there a reason why a certain 4 letter word is censored and the n word is not?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I would like to avoid any further discussion on the topic in the last 4 or 5 posts as this could turn ugly very easily.

It's not something that we are going to resolve here.

@Hugh - The developers of the site have a filter in place. It is not incuded by the looks of things. Lets leave it at that.

i find it deeply offensive, and am not in the slightest bit happy with being told to leave it at that when such an offensive word is not censored.
    how can i contact the developers?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    i find it deeply offensive, and am not in the slightest bit happy with being told to leave it at that when such an offensive word is not censored.
    how can i contact the developers?

I am asking that we 'leave it at that"on this thread, there are other platforms for that discussion.

PM me with details and I can raise it with the relevant people.

There is also the Feedback thread where you can voice your concerns.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=82

tbh thats just a spot to fob disgruntled users off to, nothing ever happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

• Advertisement

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    tbh thats just a spot to fob disgruntled users off to, nothing ever happens.

i wonder are you just on this forum to cause disorder now, because that's the only time you get into a discussion.

i wonder are you just on this forum to cause disorder now, because that's the only time you get into a discussion.

Please leave the moderating to the moderators and report posts.

@paddy , Ye that's the video I was on about but Ye he has lost a serious amount of weight.

I remember him saying he just had to put his health first etc a while ago. There Seems to be a growing trend of rappers shedding the pounds , jadakiss is another who has slimmed right down.

Rick Ross suffered 2 seizures a few months back on a plane, he said it was due to sleep deprivation but the man is seriously overweight/obese if he doesn't follow suit he will have major health complications pretty soon.

I just listened through illmatic in full again, there is literally no flaws with it in my opinion, such a fantastic album, can't really see many albums that can beat it.

That Dylan, Dylan, Dylan clip from Chapelle, is there a really bad dub over that? I remember that being said in an uber grimey jamacian voice by Chapelle.

class by mos def, very real version of niggas in paris which is gathering some momentum everyone seems to be jumping on it but this here is the best yet imo.

I despise that song, the instrumental is horrible and i hold mos def in high regard but that was awful imo.

The mighty mo… Yasiin Bey.

• Advertisement

Speaking of Yasiin, when is Blackstar stuff coming?

That is my fav version of that song, beat is still there and the lyrics are a lot better.

I despise that song, the instrumental is horrible and i hold mos def in high regard but that was awful imo.

ah it wasnt that bad imo, i actually like the concept behind it. He hit home with it bringing some reality into it.

you hate the niggas in paris instrumental and the song?

wouldnt like to be you if they decide to play it 10 times in a row in dublin so paddy ! :D just kiddin.

@Conor - New BlackStar single 'The Fix Up' was officially released yesterday....althought it's been around for a while now. So there are still being active and they are doing a few appearances as well.

I can agree that the Niggaz In Paris song and instrumental is brutal. Give me otis every day.

Cheers Boom_Bap.

I really love that beat (in Paris) and the whole style of that song/s. Also love Otis too.

ah it wasnt that bad imo, i actually like the concept behind it. He hit home with it bringing some reality into it.

wouldnt like to be you if they decide to play it 10 times in a row in dublin so paddy ! :D just kiddin.

That was my biggest fear tbh man :D I'm hoping they play a few of their solo tracks and the two of them just rip it to shreds, can you just imagine jesus walks with the 2 of them, it would be phenomenal.

That was my biggest fear tbh man :D I'm hoping they play a few of their solo tracks and the two of them just rip it to shreds, can you just imagine jesus walks with the 2 of them, it would be phenomenal.

True would be class, I defeintly think some of Boths earlier material will be played so you might get your wish.

Did anyone see jay z at oxygen 2 or 3 years ago? What was his set list like then ... Was it heavily bp3 material or what...:)

DMX's feelings towards drake:
    He was then asked if he liked Drake, to which he replied with a simple, "No." He then went further by saying he doesn't like anything about the Young Money emcee.

"No," he confirmed. "I don't like anything about Drake. I don't like his ****ing voice. I don't like what he talks about. I don't like his face. I don't like the way he walks. Nothing."

"I don't like his face" :D:D:D that is the best dislike I have ever heard a rapper have against another rapper, hope X starts a feud with somebody major, it'd work wonders for his publicity and as is usually said rap is in need of a feud and i think X is the person who could take part in an interesting one.

Well at least more interesting than that shambolic "feud" between common and drake....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I'm hoping they play a few of their solo tracks and the two of them just rip it to shreds, can you just imagine jesus walks with the 2 of them, it would be phenomenal.
    True would be class, I defeintly think some of Boths earlier material will be played so you might get your wish.

There's a set list floating around online (from their US shows I'm assuming), I didn't look through it but it's 42 or 43 songs IIRC so both will definitely be performing solo tracks.

DMX's feelings towards drake:

"I don't like his face" :D:D:D that is the best dislike I have ever heard a rapper have against another rapper, hope X starts a feud with somebody major, it'd work wonders for his publicity and as is usually said rap is in need of a feud and i think X is the person who could take part in an interesting one.

Well at least more interesting than that shambolic "feud" between common and drake....

i was delighted with that lol:D

did you hear the whole interview?

good interview covers a lot including rick ross, jay z, def jam and how he feels about todays hip hop etc.

kind of looks a bit out of it/shooken up though.

• Advertisement

he was totally disrespecting my authority, not that i had any authority.
    lol

love x, if im not mistaking, that flight he was rushing to get may have been to ireland.

Advertisement