Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I had a great day at FF, The Field played a great set, Booka Shade were great too and I was impressed with Holy F**k.
    No problems with the bars this year and overall it seemed well organised. The only bummer was the weather.

I was disappointed with the Bloody Beetroots set, it was a DJ set. Was this advertised in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

I'm heading along tomorrow and really looking forward to it :)

Any idea what the ground is like? It's not due to rain tomorrow but there has been a good bit of rain over the last 2 days...what was it like this evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Lads is it still possible to get a day ticket for tomorrow from one of the outlets?? Ticketmaster keeps freezing up on me, help appreciated.

Ticketmaster have a sales outlet on site, heard the promoter mention it on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Considering heading on Monday.

How bad were the searches on the way in? Considering a discrete hip flask to lighten the booze bill. Also, anyone get stopped bringing in a DSLR camera?
    Always so hard to judge these festival situations, and without a re-entry policy, there's no way to test the defences, so to speak. :)

searches were minimal, the most brief pat down ever. A hip flask tucked into the sock should be no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Morte

I'm heading along tomorrow and really looking forward to it :)

Any idea what the ground is like? It's not due to rain tomorrow but there has been a good bit of rain over the last 2 days...what was it like this evening?
    Complete muck. Wear wellies or whatever else you have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

New Order... just wow. Fantastic.

Morte wrote: »
    Complete muck. Wear wellies or whatever else you have.

great, thanks for the heads up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

Really? Thought they were fairly dull and they murdered love will tear us apart. Grimes and Death in Vegas were fantastic
    New Order... just wow. Fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Grimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an amazing performance, my favourite of the day!!!
    And New Order following close by.
    I am glad I didn't have any major disappointments, and I got to discover a couple of bands I didn't know and liked (To Kill A King, Purity Ring, Com Truise).

Only negative thing. . .the mud. My jeans and boots are a disaster right now. . .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

scary wrote: »
    Really? Thought they were fairly dull and they murdered love will tear us apart. Grimes and Death in Vegas were fantastic

Really? Dull? Thought they were great, the crowd were subdued at the start but got into it as the gig went on. And as for 'mudering' Love Will Tear Us Apart, they do a different version of the original Joy Division track and have done on tour for some time. Sumner was in great voice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ocli64

Anyone know are you allowed bring in deck chairs? Or is there even a point if the ground is that muddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Love Will Tear Us Apart was very hurried, they didn't even properly go off stage before turning back to play it. They've also been playing Transmission recently and didn't play it last night. :(

Enjoyed it myself but can understand fussy people saying it was all a bit flat. A combination of the weather and fairly moderate sound setup I would imagine.

Anyone got the full set list?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

What a lineup today, just deciding to bring my wellies or not.

a quick check of the weather says we are due a shower around dinner time but that's it. I'm not sure how well the ground will have recovered from yesterday though, so if anyone gets there early let us know what it's like! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lc180

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    What a lineup today, just deciding to bring my wellies or not.

Yes bring your wellies, I lost a pair of Converse to the festival gods yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

crackin day folks! let's do this. once more with feeling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AdviceisNice

Hi, anyone know for sure if tickets are available at the venue today? Really wanna see Wilco but don't want to travel all the way to Kilmainham to find there's no tickets.

Cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lc180

Hi, anyone know for sure if tickets are available at the venue today? Really wanna see Wilco but don't want to travel all the way to Kilmainham to find there's no tickets.

Cheers in advance

There's a ticketmaster outlet onsite, you should have no problem getting tickets, I got tickets on the day for Saturday and yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AdviceisNice

lc180 wrote: »
    There's a ticketmaster outlet onsite, you should have no problem getting tickets, I got tickets on the day for Saturday and yesterday.

Thanks, will head over and keep fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭holton

Thought New Order were quite good. Played some of their lesser well known songs, but was disappointed they didn't play Transmission. Really enjoyed Death in Vegas though the song I was most looking forward to, "Aisha" sounded almost totally different!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I had a ticket for today, but didn't go in the end as I am banjaxed. I'm getting too old for this festival sh!t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Thought sunday was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

I had a great day at FF, The Field played a great set, Booka Shade were great too and I was impressed with Holy F**k.
    No problems with the bars this year and overall it seemed well organised. The only bummer was the weather.
    I was disappointed with the Bloody Beetroots set, it was a DJ set. Was this advertised in advance?
    They were billed as DJing on the lineup. I thought they were pretty poor too. Le Galaxie and The Field were great on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Someone oughta be horsewhipped over the sound during that performance.

Was basically unlistenable.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Forster

Really good day Monday.

Great weather, no queues, super music all day - Chairlift and Real Estate were my highlights and Trinity Orchestra playing Dark Side of the Moon was a surprise bonus.

Well organised festival - hope it didn't lose money and will be back next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

Squelchy wrote: »

I've heard that from a few people. Didn't think the sound was great for Death Cab but grand for The Rapture and New Order. The Magician DJ set in one of the tents was great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Went along on the Sunday.
    Shame Trinity Orchestra had to pospone but We cut corners made up for it, great set. Saw about 10mins of Peaking lights on the main stage. It was a bit odd as there was maybe 40 people there in total...
    caught the end of Grimes who was on top form. Then onto kool thing (class), Austra (deadly), and little green cars who were decent.

Couldn't get into the tent for death in vegas, it was that packed so headed off to the rapture, saw a bit of death cab. I thought com truise was cool enough but nipped over for the magicians set and was delighted i did, really lively stuff, and then finished off with a savage set from new order.

Really impressed with the set up. will prob go again next year. The comedy tent always seemed busy but i wasn't too bothered with it. I stopped in for a few minutes, but the "comedian" was very unfunny indeed (Kevin something). The cold was a bit of a boll1x, and i'd say apart from the bars, the stands that did the best business were the ones selling gloves and hats...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Went Sunday too, weather was bloody awful but had a great time anyway:

Lower Dens: too early in the day to get a good appreciation of them but they were decent.
    Grimes: Really excellent performance. Played all the hits from Visions and one or 2 from previous albums.
    Purity Ring: Very impressed with them. Had been listening to their material for a while and it came across really well live.
    Com Truise: Only OK. He is a fine DJ but he never got the crowd going.
    Death in Vegas: Tent was jammed. Good set as per usual from them.
    Modeselecktor: My highlight of the day along with Grimes. Great set and crowd interaction. Can't help but dancing along to the duo.

Would go next year for sure if line-up was good. Well laid out except for toilets which were very muddy and could have done with separate entrance/exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Squelchy wrote: »

I came on to fume about this as well, absolute joke. I couldn't hear Hope at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

went sunday and monday

- sunday, weather was bit sh*te obv but great time nonetheless. new order excellent, Grimes v enjoyable. Death in Vegas savage as always. The Magician - was that somebody's 21st or what? :) good craic for what it was.

- monday - now that's more like it - terrific day on all fronts. Liars well and truly steam-rolled the generally chilled ambience of the day (in a good way) :)

enjoyed Field Music, Andrew Bird and Real Estate were a joy.

no queues for a beer, nice people. will go again!

nice one FF

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement