Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Hope they don't bring that in for the EP seeing as they run both, always head down to a local pub for All Irelands when I'm there and for breakfasts/dinners sometimes :(

I wouldn't worry about it. It's certainly there because it's in the city and people could just leave to go to nearby pubs/chippers rather than buying everything inside, regardless of what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

jarvisob wrote: »
    Are they strict on bringing in booze in plastic bottles...can afford to buy a few pints in there but not for the whole day...

They were last year anyway, got a good groping on the way in

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Heading to FF on Monday.

Anyone able to tell me what price the drinks are being sold at?

Cheers!

Also, while I'm here, what sort of food stalls are there?

Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Mr.S wrote: »
    Are you allowed bring in umbrellas :pac:?

(Serious question!)

Just back from it and there were a good few people with umbrellas there. The wasn't too much mud but with rain bucketing down all tonight and tomorrow I imagIne it is going to get a whole lot worse, wellies might be a good call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Eod100 wrote: »
    Also, while I'm here, what sort of food stalls are there?

Thanks very much

There is pretty much everything from chippers to fruit and nut stalls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭dominiquecruz

sink wrote: »
    Just back from it and there were a good few people with umbrellas there. The wasn't too much mud but with rain bucketing down all tonight and tomorrow I imagIne it is going to get a whole lot worse, wellies might be a good call.

How was today?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Whoever decided to not use wristbands and make people keep tickets that are easily destroyed by the slightest bit of rain should be fired. Easily the stupidest decision I've seen on behalf of organizers of any festival

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I wont be going this year it seems but I definitely think the organisers ought to reconsider their 'no re-entry' policy, bit of a joke for an urban city-based festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Considering heading on Monday.

How bad were the searches on the way in? Considering a discrete hip flask to lighten the booze bill. Also, anyone get stopped bringing in a DSLR camera?
    Always so hard to judge these festival situations, and without a re-entry policy, there's no way to test the defences, so to speak. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Considering heading on Monday.

How bad were the searches on the way in? Considering a discrete hip flask to lighten the booze bill. Also, anyone get stopped bringing in a DSLR camera?
    Always so hard to judge these festival situations, and without a re-entry policy, there's no way to test the defences, so to speak. :)

I just got a quick pat down on the way in. Not sure about cameras, I met/knew a few photographers there but they all had media passes. Someone was asking about the price of pints...€5.

Yesterday was great craic despite the rain. Bear In Heaven got things off to a good start and I was still able to catch the end of MMOTHS. Toby Kaar got the crowd going which set things up nicely for Le Galaxie who tore the roof off the tent.

After that I didn't get up to much except for Late Nite Gimp Fight in the comedy tent who were good for some laughs. The only act I wanted to see at the end was Leftfield but I just couldn't justify standing out in the rain for them (I'm getting old). There are lots more acts I want to see today and the rain should stop by the afternoon so things should be even better today.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Lads,

Is there a ticket stand at the gate does anyone know?

Lads,

Is there a ticket stand at the gate does anyone know?

Yes, there's a Ticketmaster van near the entrance to the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

yay/nay on wellies today? seems to have stopped raining so maybe it'll be grand by the afternoon :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

yay/nay on wellies today? seems to have stopped raining so maybe it'll be grand by the afternoon :o

Lots of hard paths on site but ...The ground at the entrance to each tent was getting bad last night ..I would aloso say the front of the main stage is bad with all last nights rain and given that it is at the bottom of a hill:o

I do hope they sort out the Low Volume issue at each stage. You could have a full on conversation with people in the tents the volume was so low.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

I'm going with welles, a hell of a lot of reason has fallen

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Heading to FF on Monday.

Anyone able to tell me what price the drinks are being sold at?

Cheers!

Fiver a pop, basically

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Great days craic yesterday. Great venue and good layout. Plenty of bars and food stalls. Highlight of the day were books shade. Caught the start of comedy tent which was better than I was expecting. Anyone going today, wear wellies. Ground was breaking up in places last night. Oh and turns out Becks isn't to bad to drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Dutchy

Looks like the rain is going to ease off from 3 pm today with an outside chance of a glimmer of the sun late this evening.

Quick question - it says on the FF webiste that they have a free bus running for Harcourt St. from 1.30 pm. How frequent is the bus? Every half an hour or is there just the one bus the leaves at 1.30?

Looking forward to seeing Com Truise - he is immense.

• Advertisement

Dutchy wrote: »
    Looks like the rain is going to ease off from 3 pm today with an outside chance of a glimmer of the sun late this evening.

Quick question - it says on the FF webiste that they have a free bus running for Harcourt St. from 1.30 pm. How frequent is the bus? Every half an hour or is there just the one bus the leaves at 1.30?

Looking forward to seeing Com Truise - he is immense.

FF have said on their fb that ''When one bus fills up, it pulls out and another one will pull up to load more on. They will run as long as they are needed.''

Not too sure how long the buses stick around for though..

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Dutchy

FF have said on their fb that ''When one bus fills up, it pulls out and another one will pull up to load more on. They will run as long as they are needed.''

Not too sure how long the buses stick around for though..

I'll rock up in an hour or so to see what the craic is with them. It'll either be a free bus or a few quid for a taxi. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ericronan

is there Marquees for the Bands or all outdoor,. Looking forward to New Order tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

ericronan wrote: »
    is there Marquees for the Bands or all outdoor,. Looking forward to New Order tonight

http://forbiddenfruit.ie/sitemap.php

Main stage is outdoor.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

Is it sold out today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aycee

What's the ground like today?? Heading to it tomorrow and it's not supposed to rain but wondering it there's the need for wellies! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

What a great day yesterday even in the rain.

One negative would have to be the general sound. During Mmoths the sound was bleeding from the other tent and also during Friendly Fires you could not hear Ed singing.

Seen
    Mmoths
    The Field
    Le Galaxie (Brilliant)
    Friendly Fires
    Booka Shade
    Leftfield ( Best I have ever seen Leftfield playing)

Overall a good day was had, I must be getting to old for this ****

I presume you're able to bring bags in to the festival yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

You can bring in a bag but it will be searched

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 TheyAreComing

Lads is it still possible to get a day ticket for tomorrow from one of the outlets?? Ticketmaster keeps freezing up on me, help appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement