Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence Festival 2012

Options
  • 08-02-2012 11:41pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭

INDIEPENDENCE Music & Arts Festival
    Get in there! We have confirmed the three headliners for the second stage this year! News coming soon! We'll be doing that competition for VIP Weekend Tickets in the next couple of days too, just putting the package together!

With tickets due onsale at the end of this month , presume line up will be announced soon enough

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Came across this on youtube again, its at 27,000 views!! It was filmed in the Artist Campsite at INDIE11. We are thinking that as its a leap year, we might announce the first batch of acts on February 29th, what do ye think??

The Wombats, The Subways and The Pigeon Detectives are among the first acts to be announced for this summer's Y-Not Festival.

The event takes place in the Peak District National Park in Derbyshire and runs from August 3-5. Summer Camp, Brontide and Boat To Row among the other acts confirmed to play the festival so far.

The Y Not Festival line up so far is:

The Wombats
    The Pigeon Detectives
    The Subways
    Summer Camp
    Brontide
    Juan Zelada
    Masters In France
    Jim Jockey & The Solemn Sun
    Naymedici
    Boat To Row
    Son Of Eagle

Festival the same weekend as Indie in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

Working very hard at the moment. Three of the five members have managed to grow their families by one in the past few months so everythings slowed down as nappy brain has swept through the group.

Sleep deprived meetings but meetings nonetheless and progess being made. Hope to make some announcements Feb 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭deisedude

Working very hard at the moment. Three of the five members have managed to grow their families by one in the past few months so everythings slowed down as nappy brain has swept through the group.

Sleep deprived meetings but meetings nonetheless and progess being made. Hope to make some announcements Feb 29th.

Can't wait to hear who is playing. Have had great craic the last 2 years and have convinced a load of lads to go this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Our President for Life

Great stuff, seriously looking forward to hearing the line-up. It should be another unreal weekend, as long as the "there's no Oxegen so we better get wrecked in some other field" crowd don't descend on the place...fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I always work Bank Holiday's but am hoping to have changed jobs this time. Looking forward to it :)

INDIEPENDENCE Music & Arts Festival

Folks, tickets will be on sale from tomorrow morning from the link below. We are going to hold our announcement for a bit as we want to get it just right for you beautiful people! We will keep you updated!

https://www.tickets.ie/events.aspx/artist/indiependence-music-festival-tickets/110683

We will defintely announce the first batch at some point next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭FinoBlad

booked my accommodation (missus & bambino wont camp) cant wait....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

EP, FF and this. Will be my best Summer ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭WillyWonkaBar

Any news on when line up will be announced?

• Advertisement

Any news on when line up will be announced?

Think either 12th or 15th of April

Cool, Thanks for replying!
    Is there going to be an announcement of the lesser known bands beforehand?

Cool, Thanks for replying!
    Is there going to be an announcement of the lesser known bands beforehand?

From the sounds of it they have plenty of the bands lined up already but they want to start with a bang announcing the headliners! I'm sure the lesser known names will be announced straight after the headliners

First wave of announcements to be made this week.

What would you do with a hungry girl? Answer coming Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

woooo ooooo oooo wooooo ooooo ooooo

Nice catch sir

Any news on how many tickets are left? and would it be a case that after the announcement, there will be a quick sellout of tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

What would you do with a hungry girl? Answer coming Thursday.

Feeder :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,166 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Think I may be breaking my Indiependance virginity this year. My cousins band wanna be on the lineup, hope they make it. Shall go anyway Id say.

After the meh line up for Sea Sessions i think ive a few headin to indie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Would they ever hurry up and announce already. I not going, cos I'm not around, but I'm still dying to find out who's playing

• Advertisement

CWF wrote: »
    Would they ever hurry up and announce already. I not going, cos I'm not around, but I'm still dying to find out who's playing

They are announcing on thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,664 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Any news on how many tickets are left? and would it be a case that after the announcement, there will be a quick sellout of tickets?

Went to it last year, there were still tickets being sold on the weekend it was on.

Not sure will it be the same this year or not, but I'd say you'll be able to get tickets after the announcement no bother!

Must say had a quality time at it. There was just a really nice vibe about the place.

I'd been to Oxegen twice and there's always a few idiots at that but at Indiependence I didn't bump into any eejit - everyone seemed in great from and were there to enjoy themselves. I'd def recommend it!

Feeder, Jape, Frank & Walters, Delorentos and Japanese Popstars confirmed for starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Feeder, Jape, Frank & Walters, Delorentos and Japanese Popstars confirmed for starters.

Japanese Popstars are a good catch, Feeder are ok but not to my taste( would consider them to be has-beens). Jape, Frank & Walters and Delerentos have all played before.

Not to impressed really, the line up's seem a bit lazy and surely Indiependence are making enough money now to be getting higher profile bands?

None of the main stage headliners have been announced yet. This is just the start of announcements. We will launch fully on 24th of April, no later.

None of the main stage headliners have been announced yet. This is just the start of announcements. We will launch fully on 24th of April, no later.

Feeder aren't headlining :eek:

Any American bands to be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭soyawhatsup

Anyone know where to get tickets? They're not up on Ticketmaster and the Indiependence website isn't up and running yet

Anyone know where to get tickets? They're not up on Ticketmaster and the Indiependence website isn't up and running yet

Tickets.ie is the ticket site Indie use. You can get them there already and they are safe out just in case you have never heard of them

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭soyawhatsup

Delighted with Feeder. If ASIWYFA play I'll cry with joy.

• Advertisement

deisedude wrote: »
    Feeder aren't headlining :eek:

Any American bands to be announced?

Yea i would have thought Feeder would be a headliner

Advertisement