Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

kss wrote: »
    i also got my Email today , Is this LOI or not ? please help!
    it says,
    Subject: Welcome.
    Dear Mr./Ms.:
    Welcome to International Experience Canada (IEC).
    You have received your Letter of Introduction from Citizenship and Immigration Canada that
    outlines the next steps for your trip to Canada. The goal of International Experience Canada
    (IEC) is to help you visit and discover Canada through a travel, work and life experience.
    Canada is one of the largest countries in the world, with a diversity of geography, climate, people
    and customs. To help you understand the differences between Canada’s provinces, and to assist
    you in adapting to the differences that may exist between your country and Canada, IEC has
    prepared a Guide to Canada. You can view or download this guide from our site at http://
    www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/guide/
    canada_guide-guide_du_canada.aspx?lang=eng.
    To help us better understand your expectations as an International Experience Canada
    participant, we invite you to take our short online pre-departure survey at http://dfaitmaeci.
    sondages-surveys.ca/s/IEC-EIC/. You will receive another notification from us at the end
    of your participation inviting you to take our post-participation survey.
    If at any time during your stay in Canada you would like to comment on your experience to the
    Canadian government, you may contact IEC at experience@international.gc.ca.
    We hope that your visit represents a step towards a lifelong positive relationship with Canada
    and Canadians. We wish you every success in your Canadian adventure.
    Sincerely,
    International Experience Canada
    UK & Ireland
    High Commission of Canada
    1 Grosvenor Square
    London
    United Kingdom

I havent got that one yet. I think your loi is the one from cic. Mine says:

Dear
    Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved.
    Your study or work permit will be issued to you upon arrival in Canada, subject to your compliance with the
    requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its Regulations. It will allow you to study or
    work in Canada for a temporary period only. Read the terms and conditions carefully.
    You must enter Canada no later than the validity noted above. If you have been issued a visa, you must also
    enter no later than the visa validity date.
    This letter is not a passport or travel identification, and it is not a legal authorization permitting you to enter or
    remain in Canada.
    To facilitate your arrival in Canada, inform the officer of the reason for your visit (study or work) and present this
    letter with your passport. United States citizens entering Canada from the U.S. may show proof of citizenship (a
    birth certificate or a naturalization certificate, and photo identification) instead of a passport. United States
    permanent residents entering Canada from the U.S. may show their “green card” instead of a passport and
    photo identification. Your passport or U.S. travel identification must be valid, and must be valid beyond the
    period you intend to remain in Canada. If it is not, the validity of your study or work permit will likely be limited to
    correspond to the validity date of your passport or U.S. travel identification.
    In some provinces or territories, students and foreign workers are not eligible for public health insurance. You
    must ensure that you and any dependants have adequate health-care insurance or financial resources to cover
    possible contingencies. Further information is available from the ministry of health of the province or territory in
    which you intend to study or work.
    If you have a work permit, please be aware that foreign workers are protected by labour and employment laws.
    You are entitled to work in a safe workplace where your health is protected. If an employer does not pay the
    wages to which you are entitled, you can file a complaint with the federal or provincial/territorial department
    responsible for employment standards.
    IMPORTANT: Regulations have established a maximum cumulative duration of four years that a Temporary
    Foreign Worker can work in Canada. After four years of work has been accumulated, a period of 48 months
    spent not working in Canada must elapse before another work permit can be issued, with some limited
    exceptions. You are encouraged to keep track of any time you have not worked in Canada and retain any
    documents which can prove the time which you did not work. For more information on this, please visit our
    Website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work.
    Thank you

jd83 wrote: »
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/justice/law_enforcement/police_certificate.html

Thats the official way to apply for one. Some station my take your application, but most will not have a clue what your talking about and try fob you off to the vetting office. Just do whats in the link and send it to your district office. I done this and got my cert in 10 days.

No problem also send it by registered post so they cannot deny getting it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

it says,
    Dear Mr./Ms.:
    You have received your Letter of Introduction from Citizenship and Immigration Canada that
    outlines the next steps for your trip to Canada. The goal of International Experience Canada
    (IEC) is to help you visit and discover Canada through a travel, work and life experience.
    Canada is one of the largest countries in the world, with a diversity of geography, climate, people
    and customs. To help you understand the differences between Canada’s provinces, and to assist
    you in adapting to the differences that may exist between your country and Canada, IEC has
    prepared a Guide to Canada. You can view or download this guide from our site at http://
    www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/guide/
    To help us better understand your expectations as an International Experience Canada
    participant, we invite you to take our short online pre-departure survey at http://dfaitmaeci.
    sondages-surveys.ca/s/IEC-EIC/. You will receive another notification from us at the end
    If at any time during your stay in Canada you would like to comment on your experience to the
    We hope that your visit represents a step towards a lifelong positive relationship with Canada
    Sincerely,
    UK & Ireland
    1 Grosvenor Square
    London
    United Kingdom

that seems self-explanatory to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Absolutely raging! Both my girlfriend and I have both applied for a visa. Both sent out applications around the start of March, I payed my money yesterday.

However, my girlfriends application got rejected 3 1/2 weeks after she got email confirmation. She forgot to sign a signiture. That happens, can understand that. But what im pissed off about is the fact that it took them so long to tell her they rejected it!

Got to start all over again but we were on track to be there at the start of June. Not looking likely now and accommodation is hard to find in Tofino in the middle of summer!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

tbayers wrote: »
    Absolutely raging! Both my girlfriend and I have both applied for a visa. Both sent out applications around the start of March, I payed my money yesterday.

However, my girlfriends application got rejected 3 1/2 weeks after she got email confirmation. She forgot to sign a signiture. That happens, can understand that. But what im pissed off about is the fact that it took them so long to tell her they rejected it!

Got to start all over again but we were on track to be there at the start of June. Not looking likely now and accommodation is hard to find in Tofino in the middle of summer!!:(

Mine was sent back to me for the same issue, took them seven weeks to let me know I missed the signature

it's one of the most frustrating things I've had happen to me in a long time

Applied originally in January, just got my second receipt of notification

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Anybody know if i just re-validate the previous forms will that do the job??

tbayers wrote: »
    Anybody know if i just re-validate the previous forms will that do the job??

Id would recommend to ask them first but i know they probably wouldnt reply to you :( so i wouldn't id just do new forms. At least you have all the information and just have to fill it in to a new form. It would just be headwrecking if you got rejected again for using the same form.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

quick question, when filling out the IEC application, do you have to have a job lined up before you go? it asks for prospective employer info but if you've nothing lined up can you search when you get there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Donkey16

Did anyone on this use Ulster Bank Online for the fee payment for the IEC?

I am unsure if the WTN appears on the AIB Bank statement when it is sent. Has anyone on this used Ulster Banks online and been successfully?

Stressed out...

You dont need to have employment arranged for iec. The instructions on the their site will tell you how to fill out the forms and any sections looking for employment info.

I used ulsterbank online and put the ref no in without the dashes, it wen through fine and iec found the payment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭MeerKat17

lindzation wrote: »
    Just tell him to fill out a new one, validate it and send it. Just make sure all the info is the same as the original. I forgot to save my validated form so just revalidated it, saved it, and sent it. They passed me onto the next round so it was allgood.

Thanks for the reply! We were both stressing out a bit about it. He emailed the embassy and they said the same thing, just fill it out again and re-validate it, phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Billyboo

Sorry Am I completely stupid, but is the Letter of Introduction (LOI) different from the letter that says 'Your application to study or work in Canada has being approved'. Is both needed????????????????????????/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Billyboo

Surely if you get the approval to work or study in Canada, you can enter the country. Is the LOI another thing needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dunphyh

it says,
    Dear Mr./Ms.:
    Sincerely,
    UK & Ireland
    1 Grosvenor Square
    London
    United Kingdom

Hi there,
    the above letter/email is sent AFTER the initial Letter of Introduction from CIC, you should check your emails prior to this, or check your email trash....my brother got this email about a week after getting the first one, which is the one that you need to bring on entry - (just to add to the confusion the all important CIC work permit approval letter - doesn't mention "Letter of Introduction" anywhere!) -another poster has included an example of it on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Donkey16

You dont need to have employment arranged for iec. The instructions on the their site will tell you how to fill out the forms and any sections looking for employment info.

I used ulsterbank online and put the ref no in without the dashes, it wen through fine and iec found the payment

How long were u waiting for the email to say the request went through ok? Im just worried because I sent it in my brothers a/c (dont tink it matters the a/c it comes from) but used the WTN and all the correct info...? I just hope the WTN shows up in their bank statement...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kss

dunphyh wrote: »
    Hi there,
    the above letter/email is sent AFTER the initial Letter of Introduction from CIC, you should check your emails prior to this, or check your email trash....my brother got this email about a week after getting the first one, which is the one that you need to bring on entry - (just to add to the confusion the all important CIC work permit approval letter - doesn't mention "Letter of Introduction" anywhere!) -another poster has included an example of it on this thread.

i did not receive any other email prior to this . what should i do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dunphyh

To Kss
    See JD83's post which shows what the LOI letter says. I'm sure you will get in in next few days, the IEC and CIC offices are most likely so overloaded that delivery of emails is sometimes out of synch. I would wait a week or 2 and if nothing then email them - they probably won't answer you at this stage. At least you know you've been approved! We've been in Canada a few years and went through many months of dealing with CIC applications and waiting for work permits etc, - the IEC may seem frustrating - wait til you try for permanent residency!
    H.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/justice/law_enforcement/police_certificate.html

Thats the official way to apply for one. Some station my take your application, but most will not have a clue what your talking about and try fob you off to the vetting office. Just do whats in the link and send it to your district office. I done this and got my cert in 10 days.

It seems to depend on your station as to what is required. I popped down to my local with my Passport and that was all that was needed but my mate needed Birth Cert, Passport, other photo ID and SAE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

If your 100% on your dates then maybe you applied under the wrong program. The UK and IRE IEC programs are different....but the website and froms look exactly the same.

Make sure u have applied under the following irish website

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/

If you applied through the UK IEC program then they would need u to have lived in the UK for 18 out of the 36 months....which could be why u got rejected.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/

Other than that you will just have to apply again under the irish program. If u do I would recomend putting down an irish address as your current home address.

Its very difficult to know what to do here.

I am in two minds;
    1-Moved back to Ireland, from the UK, and re-apply.
    2-Move on and come up with a new plan.

I am not sure though, that if I move back to Ireland, I will even get a visa. Ive only been in the UK 15 months now, so if I move back to Ireland and re-apply from there, will I still get declined based on the habitual residency rule?

I am absoutely gutted about this, as I spent two years out of work in Ireland and only moved to the UK so that I could get some money together to make the move to Canada and then I get shot down. Gutted.

To make matters worse, my girlfriend has got her visa :(

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

i did not receive any other email prior to this . what should i do now?
    If you are unable to view or did not receive the attached document, please advise us by forwarding this email to: www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/contact_visa_contactez.aspx do this its says it on the letter if the atwachment wasnt recieved!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

NOTICE TO EVERYONE THAT HAS BEEN CONDITIONALLY ACCEPTED.

When you recieve the 'Conditionally Accepted' e-mail you are asked to pay a processing fee AND send an electronic copy of the IMM1295 to an IEC-specific e-mail address.

This e-mail address is currently DOWN. In another thread it was stated that the mailbox is currently full and will be cleared out in the morning. Note, the morning is CANADIAN TIME. Once you're at the 'Conditional Acceptance' stage it's no longer dealt with in the UK -- it's done by the Government of Canada. The advice they have is just to keep sending until it stops bouncing back. I'm assuming the offices won't start looking at their mailbox until the office is open which I'm assuming is 9AM. You can probably start re-sending it then.

This is just a heads up for all the people that are inevitably about to freak out over this whole thing (my girlfriend has been hysterical all morning/night).

Donkey16 wrote: »
    How long were u waiting for the email to say the request went through ok? Im just worried because I sent it in my brothers a/c (dont tink it matters the a/c it comes from) but used the WTN and all the correct info...? I just hope the WTN shows up in their bank statement...

It took 13 days from request of payment to them acknowledging it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 shemfloy

Hey, I have been conditionally accepted and I sent my IMM1295 last Friday but it didn't bounce back. Do you think that they received it before the email address went down then? Thanks in advance.

shemfloy wrote: »
    Hey, I have been conditionally accepted and I sent my IMM1295 last Friday but it didn't bounce back. Do you think that they received it before the email address went down then? Thanks in advance.

Yes. I think it only filled up yesterday.

EDIT: You should have recieved this.
    Your e-mail has been received. This mailbox is to be used exclusively for
    the submission of Applications for Work Permits under the International
    Experience Canada program. Inquiries about the program are to be directed
    to: ldn.iec @ international. gc .ca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 shemfloy

Ok thanks. I appreciate it. Good luck with your application

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Adam We

NOTICE TO EVERYONE THAT HAS BEEN CONDITIONALLY ACCEPTED.

When you recieve the 'Conditionally Accepted' e-mail you are asked to pay a processing fee AND send an electronic copy of the IMM1295 to an IEC-specific e-mail address.

This e-mail address is currently DOWN. In another thread it was stated that the mailbox is currently full and will be cleared out in the morning. Note, the morning is CANADIAN TIME. Once you're at the 'Conditional Acceptance' stage it's no longer dealt with in the UK -- it's done by the Government of Canada. The advice they have is just to keep sending until it stops bouncing back. I'm assuming the offices won't start looking at their mailbox until the office is open which I'm assuming is 9AM. You can probably start re-sending it then.

This is just a heads up for all the people that are inevitably about to freak out over this whole thing (my girlfriend has been hysterical all morning/night).

I posted about this in the other thread too, but could someone post in here whenever they do get their email through, with a receipt email?

Adam We wrote: »
    I posted about this in the other thread too, but could someone post in here whenever they do get their email through, with a receipt email?

Just sent my girlfriends and got the confirmation e-mail after getting ~15 bouncebacks!!

Good luck!
    -----Original Message to LDN (IMM IEC/EIC)/Message d'origine à LDN (IMM
    IEC/EIC) -----
    Your e-mail has been received. This mailbox is to be used exclusively for
    the submission of Applications for Work Permits under the International
    Experience Canada program. Inquiries about the program are to be directed
    to: [EMAIL="ldn.iec@international.gc.ca"]ldn.iec@international.gc.ca[/EMAIL]
    =======
    Votre courriel a été reçu. Cette boîte de courriel est utilisée
    exclusivement pour la soumission de demande de permis de travail dans le
    cadre du programme Expérience Internationale Canada. Les questions sur le
    programme doivent être dirigées à l'adresse:
    [EMAIL="ldn.eic@international.gc.ca"]ldn.eic@international.gc.ca[/EMAIL]

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Adam We

Cheers, you're a gent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ziggy123

Can anyone help?
    I received my e-mail about being passed onto the CIC for the final phase of evaluation on the 17th of April. I'm eagerly waiting my letter of introduction as I'm flying out on the 3rd of May to start a job on the 7th.

Anyone know a reliable e-mail to contact, not having much luck getting in contact with anyone

• Advertisement

ziggy123 wrote: »
    Can anyone help?
    I received my e-mail about being passed onto the CIC for the final phase of evaluation on the 17th of April. I'm eagerly waiting my letter of introduction as I'm flying out on the 3rd of May to start a job on the 7th.

Anyone know a reliable e-mail to contact, not having much luck getting in contact with anyone

Application Sent Feb 10th
    Receipt email Feb 27th
    Payment Email: Apr 01st
    Payment and form sent: Apr 01st
    Accepted and passed to cic for 2nd stage: Apr 13th
    Recieved LOI: Apr 24th

those are my dates so you probalby will have it by the 28th of april if mine are anything to go by. Make sure you check your spam folder. You can email them at : ldn.iec@international.gc.ca but i dont think their very good at replying

Advertisement