Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

No lads!! payment is Step 3

"Make sure that you are eligible to apply before you pay the fees and gather all the required documents before you submit the application."

Last year when you were accepted in paris the next step was payment.. and after they received payment they forwarded all your documents to london for final aproval!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

C@non wrote: »
    No lads!! payment is Step 3

"Make sure that you are eligible to apply before you pay the fees and gather all the required documents before you submit the application."

Last year when you were accepted in paris the next step was payment.. and after they received payment they forwarded all your documents to london for final aproval!

I sent my application to London 2 weeks ago at this stage. Please tell me I didn't have to send payment? I could cry now :-(

EDIT: Are yee referring to a Work Permit or the IEC? or are they the same??

I am reffereing to the IEC, last year they received all your forms and when they gave the all ok that they had all the rite forms they requested payment. i think if you pay now they may take it or just ignore it.
    Last year they send ane email with account numbers and instructions to follow!

I am pretty sure that this is what we have to do this year too i cant see why it would be different as every other year. And also the fact that is says "step 3 Payment" and we only have to follow step 1 and 2 and send it off before anything else..

C@non wrote: »
    I am reffereing to the IEC, last year they received all your forms and when they gave the all ok that they had all the rite forms they requested payment. i think if you pay now they may take it or just ignore it.
    Last year they send ane email with account numbers and instructions to follow!

I am pretty sure that this is what we have to do this year too i cant see why it would be different as every other year. And also the fact that is says "step 3 Payment" and we only have to follow step 1 and 2 and send it off before anything else..

Jese I really hope so, but it says at step 3, that if payment isnt included with your application, then it will be sent back.

Im very sure its only for other non IEC application

they quote

"Submitting Your Application Package
    Note: Please arrange your documents as indicated in the first and second sets of documents (Steps 1 to 8)"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

can2011 wrote: »
    has anyones application been delivered but you have not received an email yet?

Mines been delivered before Christmas and I've not gotten an email yet. But, the office has been closed over Christmas and today was their first day open so I'm expecting one in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Does anyone know if a UK Police cert is required if you were a student in the UK? From what I remember last year if you had a clean Garda cert they didnt need it, but that seems to have changed.

Mines been delivered before Christmas and I've not gotten an email yet. But, the office has been closed over Christmas and today was their first day open so I'm expecting one in the next few days.

Did you send the fee over in your application?

No, no mention of that in the application guide.

The only thing I didn't do was correctly arrange the papers and I didn't mark it for attention of IEC, but those weren't mentioned in the guide when I sent it (20/12/11)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

token101 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if a UK Police cert is required if you were a student in the UK? From what I remember last year if you had a clean Garda cert they didnt need it, but that seems to have changed.

If you've spent 6 months or more in any country since you were 18 you have to get a police cert from that country.

I had to get one from the UK. Get cracking at it immediately. It takes about 3 weeks by the time you send it, they process it and send it back. Or if you pay extra (70 pounds) they will process it in 2 days and then send it back to you.

The normal price is 35 pounds.

This is the link:

http://www.acpo.police.uk/documents/Application_Form.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 skibop

Hi guys and girls.

I am just looking for some help/advice regarding the 2012 iec visa. I am already on the 2011 visa which runs out in mid April. They have changed the application process and I am having a couple of problems.

1/ The requirements for last year was that I am resident of Ireland and you didn't really need any proof so that all went fine. I have spent pretty much the last 2 years(prior to the 8 months I just spent in Canada) living in the states and the 7 years before this I lived in the UK, which I put down on the c.v. which I sent with my application and put it on the work history section of the visa application. This year it says

Residency Requirements

What does “3 years habitual residency requirement” mean?

This means that that a candidate’s habitual residence (i.e. physically residing/living) must be in Ireland for a period of at least three years full-time directly prior to applying to the IEC. An exception can be made if the candidate has temporarily resided in a foreign country for studies or short-term work, but the time spent outside Ireland must not exceed 18 months cumulative over the three previous years.

My problem is I will have to put in new information of where I lived and I dont know if they will cross reference it with the previous years forms (probably not I am hoping).

Also my passport has stamps of when I entered and left usa. I was their on a visa and did not overstay but i am afraid when I am entering Canada they might see that I was in the USA for almost 2 years and thus I would not be eligible but I guess by then I will have the visa.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Robert

Got my email from them today. So everything I sent was correct.

They said I'll receive an email within two weeks informing me whether I meet the criteria or not and then they'll instruct me how to pay.

Nearly there now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,010 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

They said I'll receive an email within two weeks informing me whether I meet the criteria or not and then they'll instruct me how to pay.

Nearly there now!

Great!
    Everyone else, disregard anything i said about paying the fee up front. The website doesnt make it easy at all...

kraggy wrote: »
    If you've spent 6 months or more in any country since you were 18 you have to get a police cert from that country.

I had to get one from the UK. Get cracking at it immediately. It takes about 3 weeks by the time you send it, they process it and send it back. Or if you pay extra (70 pounds) they will process it in 2 days and then send it back to you.

The normal price is 35 pounds.

This is the link:

http://www.acpo.police.uk/documents/Application_Form.pdf

Cheers did it today all sent off. Bit of a pain tbh and way OTT.

The photo verification part is absolutely daft and the stupidest/prejudiced thing Ive ever heard of. Went into my Garda station and asked could they verify it was me by bringing the photos and the passport for proof. They said no because they hadnt known me for two years....and to try my doctor??? The person who validates the photo has to have known you two years and theres a list of professions who can validate the photo and those who cant. So they include any executives or judges or even teachers who may know you, but not carpenters, plumbers or tradesmen in general!!! I think trusty bankers are OK aswell, but not bricklayers (who are of course the cause of the economic mess) :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭memaul

Cheers did it today all sent off. Bit of a pain tbh and way OTT.

The photo verification part is absolutely daft and the stupidest/prejudiced thing Ive ever heard of. Went into my Garda station and asked could they verify it was me by bringing the photos and the passport for proof. They said no because they hadnt known me for two years....and to try my doctor??? The person who validates the photo has to have known you two years and theres a list of professions who can validate the photo and those who cant. So they include any executives or judges or even teachers who may know you, but not carpenters, plumbers or tradesmen in general!!! I think trusty bankers are OK aswell, but not bricklayers (who are of course the cause of the economic mess) :confused:

hi ya token,

i'm all set to post off my application in the morning (well i thought i was) but i just seen your post about the photo verification and i'm wondering what your on about. i had a look through the specifications and didn't see anything and i'm just wondering am i missing something.

cheers

memaul wrote: »
    hi ya token,

i'm all set to post off my application in the morning (well i thought i was) but i just seen your post about the photo verification and i'm wondering what your on about. i had a look through the specifications and didn't see anything and i'm just wondering am i missing something.

cheers

Hi,

Im referring to an UK police cert here, I went to college over there so had to get a UK police cert on top of the Garda one (which is easy to get compared to the nonsense and cost involved in the UK one). So unless you lived in the UK for any reason for 6 months or more you can disregard what i said.

retalivity wrote: »
    Great!
    Everyone else, disregard anything i said about paying the fee up front. The website doesnt make it easy at all...

Thank god!!! I was freaking out last night!! :D Happy Days!

Nearly there now!

Did you sign & date your photos? I only signed them :-/

Nope. My photos were left blank.

I guess I'll find out soon whether or not I should've.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

This is my second year applying, where can i find my UCI number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

Fromvert wrote: »
    Supposed to be on your letter of introduction from last year but it wasn't on mine :/

I blame USIT. For this, being rip off merchants and for causing global warming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 tireoghain12

Just got my ACPO cert back today. Only posted it on christmas eve using the standard service so I think that's a pretty quick turnaround given the holidays.

Quick question, I'm filling out the work permit form and I'm not sure what to put down as the 'to' date on my current job. Do I leave it blank as I'm still presently in the job or do I put down this month? I'm afraid of leaving it blank and it not accepting my application.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

MJRS wrote: »
    Supposed to be on your letter of introduction from last year but it wasn't on mine :/

I blame USIT. For this, being rip off merchants and for causing global warming.

What did you fill in for yours?

There is a Permit Number and a File Number on my LOI, any chance it's one of them.

Also found an email from last year which has an ID number in it. Could it be that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 eoinglynn101

Does anyone know what to put down for "Details for Intended Work in Canada" in the work permit form. It asks for name of employer and stuff and I don't have a job sorted out yet. This is my First time going to Canada on a working visa

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

Does anyone know what to put down for "Details for Intended Work in Canada" in the work permit form. It asks for name of employer and stuff and I don't have a job sorted out yet. This is my First time going to Canada on a working visa
    put down "unknown" as far as I know

Fromvert wrote: »

Its your client ID number on your work visa.. 8 digit number like " 5555-5555"

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

Hi,
    I've gone through the steps here for the application, and filled out the forms mentioned here, steps 1-8:
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx?view=d

In the reminders it says to read the following:
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5487ETOC.asp#5487E4

This however says you need a checklist? Where is this? And these documents need to be filled out:
    Schedule 1 ─ Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM 5257 ─ Schedule 1)
    Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union (IMM 5409)
    Use of a Representative (IMM 5476)

Are these required for the IEC?? They are not mentioned in steps 1-8? I am a bit confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Just got a mail from USIT saying this is closing soon?!

Places are hardly filling up that fast are they??

Dont book via usit do it via www.goforless.ie only 78 euro. same service!!

but the checklist i found is

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5488E.PDF

My self a a lot of people didnt enter it, but at this point i can just say they will receive a lot of non consistant application!

But also they want proof of payment and all the rest.. the only think i can think is that they may request a fe more forms eventually as in step 3 and then step 4 i guess is you letter of introduction.

but yes its all very messy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭memaul

Hi,

Im referring to an UK police cert here, I went to college over there so had to get a UK police cert on top of the Garda one (which is easy to get compared to the nonsense and cost involved in the UK one). So unless you lived in the UK for any reason for 6 months or more you can disregard what i said.

cheers for that

Advertisement