Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 minnow1

Yeah, posted mine last week registered post landed at the embassy on the 28th, haven't heard anyhting yet - getting a bit worried? Anyone heard anything yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Don't be gettin stressed over it. There would be several different case workers all with different workloads probably not in any particular order.

Me and the woman sent ours off at the same time last year but I got my LOI a week before her. Just luck of the drawn!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Teebco

I lived in Oz for 1 year in 2000. Has anyone gone to Police Station here etc to get fingerprints done??

I got back a 'name check' only from the Aussie Federal Police and then noticed that this was not going to be sufficient.

So annoying. The gardai where I've lived most of my life dont need my finger prints :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Tonto86 wrote: »
    To be honest I think it'll work. They ask you on the application have you ever been issued a Canadian work permit before, I'm goin to explain exactly what I'm doin here. Sure the worst that happens is they reject it, in which case I just re-apply when in Canada. Id just rather havin the second year sorted before I go

Might ring the embassy during the week and ask them...

It could work perfect like, it'd be the job if it did. I'd just be paranoid they'd see two and get sussed and then reject both for some stupid reason like. If you do ring them let us know what they say!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Got my conditional acceptance email! Just have to pay and send off my IMM1295 in email once more and then it'll be passed on to the next crowd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,010 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

nice!

****!
    I just realised I needed to have kept an electronic copy of the IMM1295 form. I've no diea where it is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭infowars.com

you need a job offer and the employer has to go to the hrdc to validate the job he is offering you if you dont have this yer up the creek, i had this prob a few years ago a guy said he would give me a job but he never validated it so i was knocked back for the work permit

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Sheebs

you need a job offer and the employer has to go to the hrdc to validate the job he is offering you if you dont have this yer up the creek, i had this prob a few years ago a guy said he would give me a job but he never validated it so i was knocked back for the work permit

What if I'm going from my first to second year visa and want to keep working with them same employer? Surely I can just keep going as I was without any of this crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Ugh BoI don't make adding a beneficiary easy. I have to wait for them to post out an activation code which can take 3-5 days! Crazy. They can't even do it over the phone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

Got my conditional acceptance email! Just have to pay and send off my IMM1295 in email once more and then it'll be passed on to the next crowd!

When did you send your or when was it received?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 emaxwell14

Ugh BoI don't make adding a beneficiary easy. I have to wait for them to post out an activation code which can take 3-5 days! Crazy. They can't even do it over the phone.

Did you get the payment details in the email or are they somewhere online?

If they are not private could you post them so I can add the beneficiary to online banking in advance?

Thanks.

Last year they sent them via email, but its better to go down to the bank and do it there as they wanted a PDF or JPEG scan of the proof of payment sent to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

Just received my conditional acceptance as well, have to send off my payment & an electronic copy of the IMM1295! My friend who sent hers the day after me, still hasnt even received an acknowledgement letter yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭orgaz

Just received my conditional acceptance as well, have to send off my payment & an electronic copy of the IMM1295! My friend who sent hers the day after me, still hasnt even received an acknowledgement letter yet :(
    Hi Ciara what date did you send your application?

I sent mine on the 20th of December and it hasnt even been delivered yet!!! Arrrrrrrrgh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Garda finally released my cert, was sent out to me in Vancouver today

Given how ****e Canadian post is I should see it in about 3 weeks

orgaz wrote: »
    Hi Ciara what date did you send your application?

I sent mine on the 20th of December and it hasnt even been delivered yet!!! Arrrrrrrrgh!!!

Sent mine on the 22nd!! :D My friend sent hers the 22nd and still hasnt received an email. I hope she does soon because I'd hate to have mine a few weeks a head of her like!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭orgaz

I sent mine on 20th from Toronto, so hopefully its just a slight delay!! Hoping to get an email this week.

Dont worry your friend will get hers soon aswell and doesnt matter if there is a delay, there both valid for 12months from the time of issue.

Did they let you know how long it will take to process once you paid?

I sent mine on 20th from Toronto, so hopefully its just a slight delay!! Hoping to get an email this week.

Dont worry your friend will get hers soon aswell and doesnt matter if there is a delay, there both valid for 12months from the time of issue.

No they didnt mention that at all, just said once they receive payment & the form that they will forward it onto the visa section. Hopefully wont take too long though. I want to get going around the middle of march!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackwigan

Got my Garda cert in post today :)

Now to get my **** together and apply!

No they didnt mention that at all, just said once they receive payment & the form that they will forward it onto the visa section. Hopefully wont take too long though. I want to get going around the middle of march!

Are you a first time applicant or Second time??

• Advertisement

C@non wrote: »
    Are you a first time applicant or Second time??

First time!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭can2011

Mines been delivered before Christmas and I've not gotten an email yet. But, the office has been closed over Christmas and today was their first day open so I'm expecting one in the next few days.

same with me. did you get the email? im still waiting:(

i sent mine the same day and still waiting for an email even though it says it was delivered on the 28th. Let me know if you hear anything please.

Bertocon wrote: »
    When should I get the first email of the London embassy? I sent in application on December 22nd so i presume they didn't get it until January 2nd when they re-opened after Christmas. I registered the post so I know it got to London. Its been a week now and haven't heard anything.... Anyone in the same boat??

im in the same boat. i had registered post too and have not received anything its so frustrating. is it your 1st or 2nd iec visa?

Bertocon wrote: »
    When should I get the first email of the London embassy? I sent in application on December 22nd so i presume they didn't get it until January 2nd when they re-opened after Christmas. I registered the post so I know it got to London. Its been a week now and haven't heard anything.... Anyone in the same boat??

im in the same boat. i had registered post too and have not received anything its so frustrating. is it your 1st or 2nd iec visa?

First time!! :)

well best of luck! but you got it anyways! once the first step is done you prety much have your visa! usually if something is missing or wrong they will tell you in the first step!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

I got my conditional letter there today as well. My girlfriend would sent her applicatation the same day as me is still waiting for confirmation that they received it but by the sounds of it loads are people are in the same boat so not panicing yet.

A couple of questions about the next step. Its says to send the fee by electronic transfer but doesnt state what kind of reference to put in it? Any suggestions? The other question is when you are sending you IM1295 form, did you date it and type your signature in as well? Obviously the orginal form we had to hand write our signature etc so wondering should i leave it as it was or type in my name and todays date as they are requesting it by electronic format?

Any assistance would be appreciated as I am AIB so can get this sent tonight ideally.

cmac8 wrote: »
    I got my conditional letter there today as well. My girlfriend would sent her applicatation the same day as me is still waiting for confirmation that they received it but by the sounds of it loads are people are in the same boat so not panicing yet.

A couple of questions about the next step. Its says to send the fee by electronic transfer but doesnt state what kind of reference to put in it? Any suggestions? The other question is when you are sending you IM1295 form, did you date it and type your signature in as well? Obviously the orginal form we had to hand write our signature etc so wondering should i leave it as it was or type in my name and todays date as they are requesting it by electronic format?

Any assistance would be appreciated as I am AIB so can get this sent tonight ideally.

I sent my form as is, didnt sign or date it, the little barcodes were produced so I presume thats all the information they need really. In terms of the reference, if imagine it would be our World Tracking Number? Or at least thats what I was going to put down anyways!

cmac8 wrote: »

Lat year they wanted me to put my date of birth as reference on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

ok complex question here. My Gf is thinking of applying for the second year and we are already in Toronto, still over 8 months left on the 1st year.

If she applies for the 2nd year and doesnt use it, is that seen as her 2nd year visa used or can she re-apply in the future for a visa?

I ask because she may return to education next September but its not guaranteed that she will get her course and would like to continue working in Canada if she can't do the course she wants. Also, she would like to return to Canada after the course if she gets it.

taking that into consideration, should she apply for the visa now to be safe or would it be better to risk applying for it later in the year when she knows if she got the course or not?

what a head wreck!

Advertisement