Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

i saw that too, now i have a job in canada as im here already, but last year when certain fields didnt apply the people in USIT told me to put N/A over it..
    but no where on the form is stated to put N/A in the field if not applicable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

I'm a little confused here. Is it not better to apply through USIT for 400 euro(from 10am tomorrow), they seem to give you all the details that you need? Are people just applying this way because its cheaper and to ensure all places not filled?

Also does anyone know if there are the same amount of visas available this year as previously and when do you reckon these will all be gone?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Did anyone have any problems validating the first form, It said that the form is valid but it did not generate any barcodes.... How long does the police cert usually take?

I'm a little confused here. Is it not better to apply through USIT for 400 euro(from 10am tomorrow), they seem to give you all the details that you need? Are people just applying this way because its cheaper and to ensure all places not filled?

Also does anyone know if there are the same amount of visas available this year as previously and when do you reckon these will all be gone?

Thanks

yes but only if your a first time applicant.. aparently you cant do it via usit for a second time

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Sheebs

My first year visa is just up and will be applying for IEC for 2012. I have been working where i am for 6 months and will continue to work there when I come back (no LMO or anything like that) do I need to give my current employers details (i.e. the 'Details of Intended Work in Canada' section) and do I need to attach a letter of my offer of employment? Can I leave this blank?

Also, do I put my current canadian employment info on the resume?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

SNNUS wrote: »
    Did anyone have any problems validating the first form, It said that the form is valid but it did not generate any barcodes.... How long does the police cert usually take?
    I'm having the same problem it saying its valid but no barcode comes up

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭davocesque

can anyone help me!!

When the file opens in the pdf format, and you fill it out, how can i save it??? im using google chrome if that matters. . . . also how can i then attach it to an email??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 favorit

Is it better to book through USIT?! A couple of my friends have already, but they look to be quite a bit more expense than if you did it independently.

When your booking with them you have to agree to purchase your flights and insurance from them so they can basically charge you what they feel like!!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

davocesque wrote: »
    can anyone help me!!

When the file opens in the pdf format, and you fill it out, how can i save it??? im using google chrome if that matters. . . . also how can i then attach it to an email??

Thanks

You probably chose to open the document rather than save it when you downloaded the PDF. I don't use chrome but maybe it opens rather than saving by default. Either look into changing this default or use another browser. I know Firefox gives you a SAVE/OPEN option when you're downloading a document.

Sheebs wrote: »
    My first year visa is just up and will be applying for IEC for 2012. I have been working where i am for 6 months and will continue to work there when I come back (no LMO or anything like that) do I need to give my current employers details (i.e. the 'Details of Intended Work in Canada' section) and do I need to attach a letter of my offer of employment? Can I leave this blank?

Also, do I put my current canadian employment info on the resume?

I have the same issue i dont know.. specially when it asks for LMO details..

The confusion seems to be from their drop down menu when we select IEC..and they have other options, i would assume that those parts are for other applications and maybe we put N/A for LMO information and jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

Can someone link me to the check list? Cant seem to find it :(

Just sent it in the post, wish me luck! Super excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tsukimi

Good luck Ciara!

Where you planning on heading and when?

I'm freaked I missed something on the checklist but I went over it like 5 times before I sent it off. Still worried that my Garda cert from September won't be eligible, or that my passport photos won't be in the correct order of the pack or that I didn't include proof of funds (couldn't find anything about it) ahhh! Freaked! Fingers crossed though!

what did you guys put for LMO? did you fill out that part?

Tsukimi wrote: »
    Good luck Ciara!

Where you planning on heading and when?

I'm freaked I missed something on the checklist but I went over it like 5 times before I sent it off. Still worried that my Garda cert from September won't be eligible, or that my passport photos won't be in the correct order of the pack or that I didn't include proof of funds (couldn't find anything about it) ahhh! Freaked! Fingers crossed though!

Planning on going to Toronto, there is just myself and 2 other friends so when we land over were gonna stay in hostels and get to know some other Irish people and hopefully we'll all get a house or apartment together or something! Hopefully heading the middle of march all going well!! And yrself? Ah no your cert will be fine, don't be worrying!! :D

C@non wrote: »
    what did you guys put for LMO? did you fill out that part?

Is says to leave it blank as we don't have a LMO number. Are u following the step by step guide?

Yup thats the one! :D

Yup thats the one! :D

Sorry but i dont see were it says to leave the LMO and work section blank? am i blind?

Sorry but i dont see were it says to leave the LMO and work section blank? am i blind?

I actually can't see it either :-/ but I know you do leave it blank though, can't remember where I read it though. I'll try finding it & il get bk to you!

LMOs are only for those reapplying for a 2nd year visa. An LMO can only be obtained by your employer in canada therefore we have to leave ours blank as we don't have one!?

I actually can't see it either :-/ but I know you do leave it blank though, can't remember where I read it though. I'll try finding it & il get bk to you!

That would be a great help as i know they are stricked with these applications i just want to make sure i do it once and perfectly!

thanks for your help!

LMOs are only for those reapplying for a 2nd year visa. An LMO can only be obtained by your employer in canada therefore we have to leave ours blank as we don't have one!?

do you have that link by any chance?

• Advertisement

do you have that link by any chance?

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/czech-tcheque/assets/pdfs/visas/forms-formulaires/WP-info-E.pdf

At the end of the first page, its quite confusing but thats the jist of what I got!

Heading to Toronto in February, a night out is in order hahaha!

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/czech-tcheque/assets/pdfs/visas/forms-formulaires/WP-info-E.pdf

At the end of the first page, its quite confusing but thats the jist of what I got!

It is confusing.. i think even second time IEC have to leave it blank as an LMO is only when you apply for a work permit with out any other programme like IEC.

why does ti have to be so up in the air i will never know! thanks for that link!

Just literally after stumbling upon this.... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5488E.PDF

Please tell me we didn't have to include all of that? I didn't put the barcode pages on top, I didnt put my name or D.O.B. on the back of my photos although I did sign them & I didn't give any proof of funds.....aaaahhhhh :mad:

Ehhh wtf?!?!?

Where did u find that?!

Ehhh wtf?!?!?

Where did u find that?!

I stumbled apon a 'Irish in Toronto' page on facebook http://www.facebook.com/groups/123680717695499/ and someone was asking about the checklist cos she couldn't find it and BOOM, thats it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

favorit wrote: »
    Is it better to book through USIT?! A couple of my friends have already, but they look to be quite a bit more expense than if you did it independently.

When your booking with them you have to agree to purchase your flights and insurance from them so they can basically charge you what they feel like!!

Dont use USIT. I went straight through the IEC and it only cost me 795 in total (visa 110, flights 400, insurance 185)

I've heard of people using USIT paying as much as 2000, they charge you huge amounts just to check your paper work and then force you to buy their overpriced flights and insurance... they also force you to buy a return ticket when its unnecessary.

The paper work isnt really that confusing, they give a step by step guide and anything you need to know can be found here. If ya wanna ask anything feel free!

I would highly doubt that that's the checklist for us tbh...it says NOWHERE on the step-by-step guide about anything that's on that list like? Surely that's for non Experience Canada Visas?

I'll freak if it is like!

I would highly doubt that that's the checklist for us tbh...it says NOWHERE on the step-by-step guide about anything that's on that list like? Surely that's for non Experience Canada Visas?

I'll freak if it is like!

I really hope so anyways. It also said nothing about putting any info on the back of our pictures I just said to myself that I would sign them just incase. As for putting the barcode pages on top, it never said to do that either. Ara feck them, it should be fine, everything is there anyways thats the main thing!

• Advertisement

For last years application we had to include that check list.
    we also had to include the proff of funds
    and the signature on the back of the photo's that didnt matter i never did.

And for insurance i went via www.FYI.ie quite cheap and use promotions code FYITCD to get a discount!

The barcode i think is important, but that checklist is a new one, last years was similar but different.

Advertisement