Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 scad8585

Hey everyone, myself and a friend applied as soon as it opened 2 weeks ago, we both received a receipt of delivery, I haven't heard anything since, but my friend received an acceptance email asking him to pay an hour 1/2 after he received the receipt of delivery.
    Has anyone heard anything since they have been opened in the new year?

Also could anyone tell me if they have had a similar issue to me. In my application I have myself down at 3 addresses, I explained to them the circumstances such as my police check has my old address which I recently moved out of, my new address where im living now and on my CV it has my dads address which I forgot to change whilst updating the rest of it :s hope I haven't buggered my application up
    Any experience or info in this situation would be a help
    All the best to everyone
    Harry

• Registered Users Posts: 14,010 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

People should really learn to backread...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

scad8585 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, myself and a friend applied as soon as it opened 2 weeks ago, we both received a receipt of delivery, I haven't heard anything since, but my friend received an acceptance email asking him to pay an hour 1/2 after he received the receipt of delivery.

Also could anyone tell me if they have had a similar issue to me. In my application I have myself down at 3 addresses, I explained to them the circumstances such as my police check has my old address which I recently moved out of, my new address where im living now and on my CV it has my dads address which I forgot to change whilst updating the rest of it :s hope I haven't buggered my application up
    All the best to everyone
    Harry

Can i ask you did you include a checklist in there or did you just follow up the 8 steps?

About the police cert.. if its your first time applying for this i would worry, i put only 2 addresses on mine last year wile i had one more and they are ok with that.
    The CV could be an agency address for all they know i think as long as your police cert has the addresses down and its stamped that is ok... i hope anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

OK??? I printed out the "Online_Application_Systeme_IE_RE" form and in printing it a new page has appeared in my printed version for payment info and asking for bank details???

What's the dealio?

actually, loads of stuff printed our weirdly?? Extra stuff everywhere???

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭orgaz

All the best to everyone
    Harry
    Hey Scad

I sent my application on the 20th of December and it left Canada on the 22nd and its still in Transit, hasnt even been delivered yet, really hope I hear from them soon. My current visa is up on the 23rd of Jan.

Anyone else hear from them yet?

• Advertisement

Cheers for the responses :)
    I didn't include a checklist as it didn't have one to print off, I just put the 8 stages in to plastic pockets as set 1 and set 2.
    I hope they don't be petty and refuse my application due to the addresses.
    I got the police certificate in december and sent a legit copy to them with my old flat address, the application has my new address because I wouldn't be in my old one by time they got back to me. They can see my CV address is my dads as it matches with my parents address on family application forms. Such a stressful time haha.
    I hope you all hear from them and suceed
    Hoping to be in canada by end of june
    If application fails is there many other ways in which I could go to canada and find a job? Some people have mentioned finding someone to sponsor you? Is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

im a bit confused by this, are we ment to include our passport of just a copy?

I've got my IEC visa in sept and will be entering Canada in March. Could I apply for my next year visa now before I leave. Was thinking of throwing it in the post the day I leave.

I put 2 colour photocopies , 1 in set 1 and the other in set 2

I put 2 colour photocopies , 1 in set 1 and the other in set 2

Your right mate, did more reading up. They only want the actual passport if your applying for a temporary residence visa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Tonto86 wrote: »

I've got my IEC visa in sept and will be entering Canada in March. Could I apply for my next year visa now before I leave. Was thinking of throwing it in the post the day I leave.

Nah sure the 2013 IEC wouldn't be open till later this year sure?? But if I'm wrong please tell us and I'll be doin the exact same :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

C@non wrote: »
    Dont book via usit do it via www.goforless.ie only 78 euro. same service!!

but the checklist i found is

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5488E.PDF

My self a a lot of people didnt enter it, but at this point i can just say they will receive a lot of non consistant application!

But also they want proof of payment and all the rest.. the only think i can think is that they may request a fe more forms eventually as in step 3 and then step 4 i guess is you letter of introduction.

but yes its all very messy!

That checklist is not for the IEC. Did you find it on the IEC website or the general Canadian Visa website?

Proof of payment is not required until they tell you that you've been accepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Oh!Canada!

I've attended college for over a year but dropped out. Anyone know if i should include this in the "education section" of the application form?

Also with the "details of intended work" section. I'm going for any job i can get basically, but i obviously shouldn't fill that answer in, so maybe a certain job i hope to get?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

kraggy wrote: »
    That checklist is not for the IEC. Did you find it on the IEC website or the general Canadian Visa website?

Proof of payment is not required until they tell you that you've been accepted.

well its on the IEC website, but only when you click on follow the guidelines in the reminder part.
    anyways i have sent it today to much worrying about it for me so i sent it and praying it goes well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 emaxwell14

Hello, I sent my visa application on the 4th of January.

From what I have read, if everything goes right, it should take:

1)Two weeks for the Embassy to email me saying that my application forms are correct.

2)A further couple of weeks for them to email me with my provisional acceptance and request my documents in electronic form and payment of the application fee.

3)Two more weeks for them to email me with my Letter of Introduction.

Is this the way it works and is that roughly how long it should take? I would appreciate any information anyone has. I would like to book flights as soon as possible.

Thanks.

emaxwell14 wrote: »
    Hello, I sent my visa application on the 4th of January.

From what I have read, if everything goes right, it should take:

1)Two weeks for the Embassy to email me saying that my application forms are correct.

2)A further couple of weeks for them to email me with my provisional acceptance and request my documents in electronic form and payment of the application fee.

3)Two more weeks for them to email me with my Letter of Introduction

Is this the way it works and is that roughly how long it should take? I would appreciate any information anyone has. I would like to book flights as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Hey, just to let you know my friend applied aswell as myself and they sent him an email to say he's eligible and also an acceptance and they requested for him to pay £90 and also email them his application. This was 2 weeks ago. :) so expect to pay them after you here from them in the next 2 weeks, if accepted ofcourse , fingers crossed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 emaxwell14

Hey, just to let you know my friend applied aswell as myself and they sent him an email to say he's eligible and also an acceptance and they requested for him to pay £90 and also email them his application. This was 2 weeks ago. :) so expect to pay them after you here from them in the next 2 weeks, if accepted ofcourse , fingers crossed :D

That's even better!

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

C@non wrote: »
    well its on the IEC website, but only when you click on follow the guidelines in the reminder part.
    anyways i have sent it today to much worrying about it for me so i sent it and praying it goes well

Yeah only saw that today. It's quite dubious. I reckon that the link you click on (to see the guidelines on how to fill out the form for the IEC) points to an area that's too high up on the page for other Work visas.

It should direct you to a bit lower down so that the guidelines for our form are at the top of the new page, if you get me.

Surely if the checklist was for us, it would be in a more prominent position?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

Received an email today acknowledging my application!! :D They said I should receive another email in 1-2 weeks with details of payment!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

So the the people who have sent your applications already, you haven't included the checklist?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

Would you be completely fcked if you had no real work experience ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

The Details of Intended Work in Canada, section of the IMM1295 form, seems to be a cause of confusion for some applicants.

In the step by step guide under Important reminders from the Visa Section, clearly outlined is the correct procedure to filling out this section.

Under "Details of Intended Work in Canada", select "International Experience Canada Program". You do not need to enter any details of your prospective employer, unless you already have this information.

If you do not know yet what your occupation will be, enter "unknown" under "Details of my perspective employer" of the work permit application form (IMM1295). You may also enter "unknown" under the heading "Brief description of duties". Both of these fields are mandatory and you will not be able to validate your form unless you complete them.

DaveDaRave wrote: »
    Would you be completely fcked if you had no real work experience ?

No you should still get a visa no prob

token101 wrote: »

Nah sure the 2013 IEC wouldn't be open till later this year sure?? But if I'm wrong please tell us and I'll be doin the exact same :D

When ya get the visa you'll have 12 months to activate it. If I apply in march just before I go I should receive it in bout April and it'll be valid till April 2013

Gonna give it a shot, even gonna explain myself on the visa application.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackwigan

Add me to that growing list of people hoping to go this year. Sent off for Garda cert, waiting to get it and apply...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Oh!Canada!

anyone know i you should fill in details about college in the application if you only attended for a year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 eoinglynn101

In the work permit form does anyone know what to put for education if you are still in college and have not yet graduated?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

When ya get the visa you'll have 12 months to activate it. If I apply in march just before I go I should receive it in bout April and it'll be valid till April 2013

Can't see that working tbh. Surely they would want to know in your second visa app what you had been doing during your first year in Canada? What if you had gotten arrested or something in the first year? And wouldn't applying for two visas at one time look very dodgy to people who are very suspicious to begin with? I don't know I could see that backfiring, but sure it could be a savage idea and a serious timesaver aswell. Let us know how you get on sure, if it works I'll happily eat my words and follow suit :D

token101 wrote: »

Can't see that working tbh. Surely they would want to know in your second visa app what you had been doing during your first year in Canada? What if you had gotten arrested or something in the first year? And wouldn't applying for two visas at one time look very dodgy to people who are very suspicious to begin with? I don't know I could see that backfiring, but sure it could be a savage idea and a serious timesaver aswell. Let us know how you get on sure, if it works I'll happily eat my words and follow suit :D

To be honest I think it'll work. They ask you on the application have you ever been issued a Canadian work permit before, I'm goin to explain exactly what I'm doin here. Sure the worst that happens is they reject it, in which case I just re-apply when in Canada. Id just rather havin the second year sorted before I go

Might ring the embassy during the week and ask them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bertocon

When should I get the first email of the London embassy? I sent in application on December 22nd so i presume they didn't get it until January 2nd when they re-opened after Christmas. I registered the post so I know it got to London. Its been a week now and haven't heard anything.... Anyone in the same boat??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

Ya my girlfriend is in the same boat. We both sent off our applications at the same time (Dec 22nd) but she hasnt heard anything back and I got confimation last Wednesday. She is starting to get a bit worried but if there are similiar cases out there id say it is just a timing issue.

Advertisement