Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Christmas sale 2011

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

waiting for better witcher 2 myself, and portal. Have skyrim, cs:go and dota 2 to play anyway.

So far have 3 coals, 25%,50% off valve. and 33% off valve complete pack. meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

waiting for better witcher 2 myself, and portal. Have skyrim, cs:go and dota 2 to play anyway.

So far have 3 coals, 25%,50% off valve. and 33% off valve complete pack. meh.

in all fairness Witcher 2 is well worth even full price!

for me its way better then skyrim. ( yes i said it, fudge off fanboys ). Maybe you are not allowed to explore as much as in elder scroll games, but in witcher 2 every single little quest can have consequences, which will bite you in the arse later on! Its very mature and has a briliant sense of humour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

they're different types of rpgs
    witcher isn't as immersive because you're actually playing as geralt in his story, whereas skyrim you are the dragonborn so you can get sucked in more. witcher does win on plot, easily.. but skyrim doesn't really have a plot as such. yeah there's some crap about dragons, but no one gives a rats ass about that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

witcher 1 > Skyrim > Witcher 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

How hard is it to get the Spiral Knights achievement? I'm on very slow internet atm so can you complete it in offline mode? SK says single-player so i'm presuming it can be done that way, otherwise there's no point me wasting the bandwidth.

• Advertisement

do the gifts/coal whatnot still work for games after they have been taken off the daily deals page?

i can do the red faction/tropico ones, but not for a few hours

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

RolandIRL wrote: »
    How hard is it to get the Spiral Knights achievement? I'm on very slow internet atm so can you complete it in offline mode? SK says single-player so i'm presuming it can be done that way, otherwise there's no point me wasting the bandwidth.

No, you need to play online. The acheivement is done when you compete in an arena against another group of players.

Enderman wrote: »
    No, you need to play online. The acheivement is done when you compete in an arena against another group of players.

Ah crap :/ won't be back on good internet til after the sale's over so pointless downloading it now

do the gifts/coal whatnot still work for games after they have been taken off the daily deals page?

i can do the red faction/tropico ones, but not for a few hours

yesterday's achievements are still available to complete for gifts/coal if that's what you mean. I presume it means all the achievements will be available for the sale duration

http://store.steampowered.com/holidaysale/
    Scroll down a bit and you'll see yesterday's

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

****,money still hasn't come through on my o2 card :'(

• Advertisement

i was the same way, put the money out of my bank account on monday afternoon and it only went in today im lucky it went in when it did, had a few non steam related purchases that needed doing ifI had any hope of getting them before xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Enderman wrote: »

Yup, 'tis quite a rather annoying objective, given to compete you need to earn enough in-game money to pay for it, and then you also have to hope that the arena you get is a snowy one...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Opened up Steam and what do i see ? .............. A piece a coal and Portal 2 for me :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

i was the same way, put the money out of my bank account on monday afternoon and it only went in today im lucky it went in when it did, had a few non steam related purchases that needed doing ifI had any hope of getting them before xmas

normally when I do it,its there the next day,must be that time of year I guess,hope I didn't **** it up

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Screw you Arkham City! Here's me thinking I made an even somewhat sensible decision in buying the game at $40 because I already had Arkham Asylum, and you've just dropped to $25 a mere 3 weeks later! FFFFUUUUUU

Oh well, at least it's a fun game, more fun and more legs than a night of drinking anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Nothing that really appeals to me today except maybe Rage at 50% off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Huge fan of stalker: SOC, tempted to get call of pripyat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Spunge wrote: »

Bought both and haven't played them yet, might pick up clear sky..

Defense Grid & DLC for €3.49, glad i waited a while rather than getting it for €7 when the Glados DLC came out :D

hmmm...already have Stalker SOC on Gamersgate. Haven't played it yet, but is Call of Pripyat and Clear Sky worth getting?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Superb value for Stalker - haven't played the 'sequels' but the bundle is surely worth it at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

PayDay the Heist for me & monday night combat

Defense Grid
    complete pack is a good deal at €3.50, if you like tower defense games, it's not a spectacular gaming experience but a good time killer

Spunge wrote: »

dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
    Jet Black wrote:
    Bought both and haven't played them yet, might pick up clear sky..
    same as above, but with less o's and e's as clear sky is kinda the worst of the three

also both of you remember to get the complete mod's for the games, massive graphical improvements and various bugfixes that the official patches missed.

I think i'll wait tbh. I don't have a proper rig yet, i'm guessing the mods up the specs needed a good bit so my laptop won't cut it. I'm sure it'll be on sale again for the same price and i definitely won't be playing it before then...college needs priority :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Am tempted by Jurassic Park! Anybody think it is a good game and worth the €15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Joined the 2011 holiday group.

Got a lump of coal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Got a 66% discount for Two Worlds II for joining the holiday sale group, but now up to three pieces of coal for the Dungeons of Dredmore task...

IN YO FACE, REDUCED WINTER FUEL ALLOWANCE!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

€33 for Batman and 3 DLCs? Works for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Just got Psychonauts and I'm rather temped to get Monday Night Combat and the Doom package, next...and perhaps the HD Serious Sam games.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Already have Defence Grid. It was enjoyable, so I'll look to the new content. Will see if I can figure out the daily challenge for it, as it has been a while since I played it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Why did I just buy six Sherlock Holmes games?

Got Payday too.

Advertisement