Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Christmas sale 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Why did I just buy six Sherlock Holmes games?

Got Payday too.

Because you're 5 kinds of generous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Dacelonid wrote: »
    Am tempted by Jurassic Park! Anybody think it is a good game and worth the €15

dont bother

its worth about a fiver

f1 2011 for me today
    portal & portal 2 yesterday
    half life pack monday

good week so far

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Yup, 'tis quite a rather annoying objective, given to compete you need to earn enough in-game money to pay for it, and then you also have to hope that the arena you get is a snowy one...

I did the achieve twice and it was always snowy?
    And the cost is 200 crowns which can be earned by doing half a quest, which means you'd get enough to do the mission twice.
    It took me about half an hour to do.

Defense Grid: The Awakening and all DLC is 3.50 GoGoGo.
    Got Payday too.

If you play it later, share your opinions on it for me.
    I've heard it's L4D2 with bank robbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Bought Defense Grid for €3.50. Glad i was cheap and didn't buy it when it was €7 :D

First purchase of the sale. I'm being surprisingly well restrained :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Nollog told me to hold out for the daily sales on some Steam titles that are already on sale. I'm looking to buy the Doom package (which is already on sale), so should I wait if a daily deal should happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Thx god I am holding myself do far, though there are not many games I want...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I had 29 euro on my o2 card left so I got batman for 24.99,a steal at that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I'm thinking about getting batman, but what are the controls like on the pc? Do you need a joypad to play it properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I can't believe some people getting proper games in those gifts. I got so far ****y off vouchers for stuff even your mum won't want :(.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Is Mount and Blade worth getting? Seems like an interesting game from the description.

RolandIRL wrote: »
    Bought Defense Grid for €3.50. Glad i was cheap and didn't buy it when it was €7 :D

First purchase of the sale. I'm being surprisingly well restrained :eek:
    I got it for 7. But I'm not too broken up about it, it was still a good price then.

I haven't bought anything yet, it's making me feel sad. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

I got so far ****y off vouchers for stuff even your mum won't want
    It's a sad day when coal is a more worthwhile gift than vouchers :pac: I'm just hoping I get no more than 6 lumps of coal, so that I don't have to choose between making a new gift out of them or using them as contest entries.

Now, to patiently await money in my PayPal account, I want Oblivion, Darksiders and the id pack >:C

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

/\/ollog wrote: »
    If you play it later, share your opinions on it for me.
    I've heard it's L4D2 with bank robbing.

Just played my first game there - it's fun and your description seems to be on the ball. Just from the mission I played it was more of a getaway after a bank job but so far it's well worth a tenner. There seems to be a good bit of levelling up and upgrading gear too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Is Mount and Blade worth getting? Seems like an interesting game from the description.

Warband is the best one

Got the Bunch of Heroes achievement, the devs must of fixed the respawn times, max was 60secs, yesterday i went up to 480 secs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got Neverwinter Nights 2. Bit disappointing today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭pmg58

it's an interesting concept, tbh I found the game very frustrating but entertaining in a way. You can download a demo of it from the mount and blade website.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,726 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Tempted to get Arkham City but I know I wont play it right away - I have enough - and more importantly I know once a game goes on a steam sale, it's had it's cherry popped and is more likely to be on sale later, for even less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Has anyone crafted any coal yet?

Don't want to craft mine and end up with another coal... That would be annoying:(

Has anyone crafted any coal yet?

Don't want to craft mine and end up with another coal... That would be annoying:(

I'm trying to find it, but I do remember at first it said something to the effect of "don't worry, you're guaranteed not to get another lump of coal" when crafting coal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I'm trying to find it, but I do remember at first it said something to the effect of "don't worry, you're guaranteed not to get another lump of coal" when crafting coal.
    Yeah I read that too. It's on a page with lots a pwetty pictures explaining the Great Pile thing.

So go ahead and craft :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Is Payday: The Heist worth getting? I'm trying to be careful in so much as I don't purchase steam. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is neverwinter nights 2 a good game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Polar101

I bought Mount & Blade: Warband in last year's Christmas sale, it's probably my favourite game of the year. I spent dozens of hours on the campaign, sure it's got flaws but it can be very addictive as there aren't all that many "medieval sandbox" type of games. And I haven't even tried the multiplayer - there's loads of great mods for that.

No point in getting the original or Fire & Sword, the original is just a stripped down version of Warband (without multiplayer), and Fire & Sword feels like a mod of Warband.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

May as well try out Clear Sky for 2.50.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Is Payday: The Heist worth getting? I'm trying to be careful in so much as I don't purchase steam. :D

It's pretty good actually yeah. Good teamwork game. Fun for a couple of hours. Worth the tenner imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

http://store.steampowered.com/app/41500/

And if you're worried about system requirements, don't. Your computer should be more than capable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Yeah, Torchlight and Limbo for me today.

Is Brink worth a fiver?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Jilm

Is neverwinter nights 2 a good game?
    I liked it, many didn't. Mask of the Betrayer (included in NWN2 Platinum) is excellent.

• Advertisement

nothing to tempt me today really, pity

though the frequency of the sales means ive bought almost all the oldies i missed out on through the years. new stuff im not all that concerned with since i usually get it free on consoles anyway

bought f1 to play against my mate in australia yesterday though. finding im doing that a lot lately. if i get something on xbox from a publisher, and a few mates have it on ps3, ill usually just buy the ps3 version to play with them

costing a bleedin fortune, but i suppose im at least contributing a bit lol

Advertisement