Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Christmas sale 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

HL2 Episode 2 for me. Guess I can trade it with someone who doesn't have it.... if they exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

hi
    we're friends, you know that right?
    old friends
    good friends
    hi
    Just sent it to you there. Turns out that they've updated it and it looks like it's actually tradeable. But since I'm feeling charitable I decided to still give it to you anyway.
    Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I suppose now I have a Hitman Bundle to gift.

May I request your hitman bundle? :D I've got a Half Life 2 gift so if there's any strange individual who doesn't own it, feel free to post.

I picked up a copy of Amnesia and the Max Payne collection, an expensive week awaits. :pac:

Edit: Damn I missed it... Oh well. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I'll take freebies !! :P

Can someone remind me what the deal is with the daily offers? Are they repeated again at the end of the sale or am I thinking of the publisher packs or something else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Corkfeen wrote: »
    May I request your hitman bundle? :D I've got a Half Life 2 gift so if there's any strange individual who doesn't own it, feel free to post.

I am one of those strange individuals :) My steam name is: SaulGoode9

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I assume it's credit/3v card or nothing with steam?

ah I see they use PayPal, disregard :)

Can someone remind me what the deal is with the daily offers? Are they repeated again at the end of the sale or am I thinking of the publisher packs or something else?
    Not all daily deals are repeated on the final day. they usually have the best selling/most popular ones. As usual, dont buy anything unless it's on a daily special. then leave it until the last day. But not too late. Wouldn't want Steam crapping out on us 5 minutes before the sales end now would we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I am one of those strange individuals :) My steam name is: SaulGoode9

Just added you on steam, will send you it as soon as you accept.

Thanks kearneybobs.

Just did the Orcs Must Die challenge there but nothing was added. Anyway, what would ye think about a seperate thread for trading Steam gifts, or indeed donating them for free (or does one exist already)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Just added you on steam, will send you it as soon as you accept.
    Cheers

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

...And so it has begun......

steam_sale_time_wallet-240x300.jpg

Thanks kearneybobs.

Just did the Orcs Must Die challenge there but nothing was added. Anyway, what would ye think about a seperate thread for trading Steam gifts, or indeed donating them for free (or does one exist already)?
    I think, in general there probably should be a Steam trading thread somewhere. People are still gonna post in here to highlight swappable items they have though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

And my second gift for the Orcs Must Die achievement is 25% off anything by... bitComposer?

Games it can be used on:
    • Global Ops: Commando Libya
    • Cargo! The Quest for Gravity
    • Air Conflicts: Secret Wars
    • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
    • The Void
    • Ion Assault
    • Alter Ego
    • Ninja Blade

Ugh, more useless stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

right did the orcs must die and the Anomaly:Earth Conflict ones and got
    HL2 and episode 1
    Tropico trilogy
    50% off valve

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Portal 2 and Metro 2033.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Bought Bunch of heroes.

Game crashed multiple times during my attempt to get the achievement required for the prize, Also, It is impossible to get it with other people helping you( and even then it's still hard! ) -: Also, the achievement is bugged and you can't actually get it:D

Got 2 other prizes, however all that is showing up is a 25% off voucher... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 zearon

Iam new to steam and dont have a lot of games yet but working on it, Iam willing to take your old or not wanted games :)

my steam name is la0zi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

anybody else still not got any gift?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

anybody else still not got any gift?

Yup, still waiting on a gift for the Anomaly Warzone Earth achievement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Dacelonid wrote: »
    Mine is Steam(2) and below that, you have 0 items etc
    My inventory has moved on from the above to
    Team Fortress 2(0) and Portal 2(1) with some stupid hat listed under Portal 2 but I don't know if I got that for getting the achievements in the gift pile or where it came from. I had never checked my inventory up to yesterday so I don't know what was in it.
    And even if it was from the Gift Pile, there should be 2 as I got the Orcs Must die achievement as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Skerries wrote: »
    right did the orcs must die and the Anomaly:Earth Conflict ones and got
    HL2 and episode 1
    Tropico trilogy
    50% off valve

nice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Anybody want a 25% off any valve game coupon? Just had a look at the list of applicable games and I've already played everything I would be interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

The bunch if heroes achievement is a tough one, got to wave 13 so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Apparently there's a "fix" for the inventory mess - http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2305280

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

HL2 Episode 2 for me. Guess I can trade it with someone who doesn't have it.... if they exist.
    If anyone is having the same issue with HL2 weighing down their steam inventory I would love to be able to help alleviate the problem :P

It's one of the games I am looking to pick up in the sale if it appears on one of the daily deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

only managed to open my gift now:

1 coal
    50% off for valve games
    HL2

installing ORCS must die so i can do achievment

waiting for portal 2 to download too lololol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,124 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

What size is the download? When I click install it says it needs ~11GB of space...which is just over a quarter of my wonderful monthly cap :( Does install space = download, or is there compression/unpacking to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

is there a portal achievement today?
    also with these gifts, i got 2 money off things, can i use them now or do i have to wait until the sale is over?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Nothing on inventory, so trying RolandIRL links suggestions by d/l TFC2 and trying again. Failing that I 'll try and open a trade window.

Advertisement