Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Christmas sale 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

you can use those vouchers with -50% etc only after second of january.

those vouchers are crap though, because i just completed orc must die achievment and i got -50% of greed corp, which is on sale already for -75%...

emm install is 11gb. i am with eircom, so i dont have much of restriction on download.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

only managed to open my gift now:

1 coal
    50% off for valve games
    HL2

installing ORCS must die so i can do achievment

waiting for portal 2 to download too lololol :pac:
    I have the exact same gifts!

And as bad luck would have it, while unable to access the Steam website last night, I had my first hour of playing Orcs Must Die! (so without knowing there was an achievement to do), finished the Hallway level but won't get a gift and I won't be home till after 6pm so won't have a chance to complete this really easy task! Argh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Yeah, what's with all the downloading of Portal 2 and TF2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Yeah, what's with all the downloading of Portal 2 and TF2?

Apparently it'll show up the missing inventory items if you load it. I haven't tried it since TF2 would take a month to download on o2 :pac: See the steam forums thread i linked above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

My missing inventory items have now turned up - 2 lumps of coal and HL2 Ep2 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I got half life two and half life two lost coast. If anyone wants them, send me a pm!

I bought Orcs must die. Is it good?

I got half life two and half life two lost coast. If anyone wants them, send me a pm!

I bought Orcs must die. Is it good?
    There's a thread below for swapping/gifting Steam games. And yeah, Orcs Must Die is good craic. Well worth the few quid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

is there a portal achievement today?
    also with these gifts, i got 2 money off things, can i use them now or do i have to wait until the sale is over?

It says right on the right that they're valid from january 2nd to march 31st.
    So nope.

That TF2 check inventory thing got me my stuff.
    I got 1 coal, costume quest, and 25% off valve.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    It says right on the right that they're valid from january 2nd to march 31st.
    So nope.

That TF2 check inventory thing got me my stuff.
    I got 1 coal, costume quest, and 25% off valve.

costume quest! ya bastard!

i got HL2 only :(

costume quest! ya bastard!

i got HL2 only :(

Do you want it? I don't like rpg's.
    Wait until later in case you get something at 6pm that i might like. :p

Oh yeah, I also have hl2 ep2

• Advertisement

Today's deals are up. Nothing really tickles my fancy apart from Dungeons of Dredmor, which I've heard good things about. At €1.11, it'd be rude not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Today's deals are up. Nothing really tickles my fancy apart from Dungeons of Dredmor, which I've heard good things about. At €1.11, it'd be rude not to.

Good game but damn, damn hard. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Want Chantelise but the store is getting hammered, I'll wait until tonight.

Great price for costume quest but have it on PS3 already.

Morbid curiosity makes me want to get Duke for 5 euros. Somebody please put me off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I'm very shocked right now, yesterday's deals are still available until 10pm :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yep, the morbid curiosity factor is driving me towards Duke too. **** it, why not?

(please note, that was an entirely hypothetical question)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

What has been done can not be undone. I think I just wasted a fiver. At least I got Chantelise cheap.

I'd recommend Reccettear to people as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I got Recettar as penance even though it's not Mac compatible. It made me feel like slightly less of a filthy whore.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Meirleach

Anyone else not able to get any gifts yesterday? I sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    What has been done can not be undone. I think I just wasted a fiver. At least I got Chantelise cheap.

I'd recommend Reccettear to people as well.

Doubt you'll like Duke, not obscure and Japanese enough :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I theres a Red Orchestra 2 achievement today but cant be arsed downloading the ~900MB update for it.

Anyway picked up Orcs must die without realizing its a 4GB download. I thought it would be a small download for some reason. :confused:

Got The Witcher enhanced edition too since it was only about 4 euro. Tropico 4 is tempting at 15.29 but i think ill hold onto my money a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

oF8TN.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Meirleach wrote: »
    Anyone else not able to get any gifts yesterday? I sad :(

Do you mean you have gotten the achievements and still haven't gotten the gifts or you just never gotten around to it, As you can still earn the rewards from yesterday, Today!... :cool:

In other news, I have 4 coal now and a single 25% off voucher from 4 rewards. I suck at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ConmanTheKiller

I may have been a bit over eager with my purchases;
    • The Paradox Bundle
    • Metro 2033
    • The Witcher
    • Amnesia

85 euro gone in an instant :o

TheChrisD wrote: »
    I'm very shocked right now, yesterday's deals are still available until 10pm :eek:

This is probably due to the fact most people couldn't buy anything, let alone look at the pages on the website for 3 hours when the sale started.

did the spiral knights achieve and got some coal.

Doubt you'll like Duke, not obscure and Japanese enough :pac:

and its not a system shock 2 :pac:

I theres a Red Orchestra 2 achievement today but cant be arsed downloading the ~900MB update for it.

Anyway picked up Orcs must die without realizing its a 4GB download. I thought it would be a small download for some reason. :confused:

Got The Witcher enhanced edition too since it was only about 4 euro. Tropico 4 is tempting at 15.29 but i think ill hold onto my money a while.

just dont be foolish enough to check witcers download size. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Looks like the gifts are working properly now (well it just did for me)
    Got F1 2011, Half Life and a piece of coal yesterday (only appeared today)
    Made some Diggle Nog just there now and within seconds, got another lump of coal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Dacelonid wrote: »
    Looks like the gifts are working properly now (well it just did for me)
    Got F1 2011, Half Life and a piece of coal yesterday (only appeared today)
    Made some Diggle Nog just there now and within seconds, got another lump of coal
    how do you make diggle nog

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm gonna get red orchastra 2 tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Crosáidí wrote: »
    how do you make diggle nog
    I got it from here
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2306898&page=2

Advertisement