Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Christmas sale 2011

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

portal 2 E7.50 hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

portal 2 E7.50 hmm...

you wont be disappointed, great game

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

after portal 1 being free I'm spoiled :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

This is so unfair.
    I my brother bought Portal bundle yesterday and gifted it to me, gift is stuck in his account coz I clicked the link while he was still logged into the steam client and Steam support sucks ****s. 24 hours and they haven't even replied to the ticket :mad:

Then today I buy The Orange Box, pay for it through paypal like normal. Money came out of paypal but steam tells me I didn't pay for it yet!!!!!!!
    :mad: :confused::( :mad: :mad:

Getting a little sick of Steam now!

Dacelonid wrote: »

job done and got 2 coal, yay!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Damn, got the son of a nutcracker (Spiral Knights) and ended up with another lump of coal
    Still found an on-line game I actually enjoyed so there is that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I ended up doing the Red Orchestra one. Only took my 5 minutes to get it though which was handy. I only got coal though.

just did the Spiral Knights one, everyone running around launching snowballs at each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

CS:S or L4D2...

I'll probably end up buying both. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Colmo52 wrote: »
    CS:S or L4D2...

I'll probably end up buying both. :)

They'll probably show up lower. L4D2 has been €5-6 a few times. Wait a while.

• Advertisement

Best value for money Publishers Bundle seems to be Warner Bros.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Can someone explain to me Dawn of war 2 and it's DLC.

What's the last standalone and what's the upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Varik wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me Dawn of war 2 and it's DLC.

What's the last standalone and what's the upgrade.

All of them work as stand aliens I think, but Dow 2 and Dow chaos rising has to be together if you want enjoy all races in multiplayer and practise.

Dow 2 retribution is stand alone with all 6 races.

Get retribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

Got The Void as a gift from Steam there. Anyone wanna trade? Already have Valve games etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

I hope they do Fallout New Vegas for ~€5 this week,
    I missed it a couple of weeks ago when it was that price.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Hoping for Skyrim myself or 50% off from Rage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I've only gotten 3 pieces of coal and a 50% off Valve voucher :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

So far, 4 objectives done and got 3 lumps of coal, 25% off a Valve game (is there any I dont own already?) and a free copy of Day of Defeat Source (oh, that would be the only valve game I dont own....not anymore :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

No lumps of Coal, a 50% off Valve voucher and The Hitman Collection.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

1 Lump of Coal (which I had to earn myself) and a 25% off any Valve game.

Worst. Christmas. Ever.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I've got a basketball managers game... and a 25% voucher for valve, which I have all of anyway I think. Oh and some tf2 stuff, a hat and a frying pan? :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

1 Lump of Coal (which I had to earn myself) and a 25% off any Valve game.

Worst. Christmas. Ever.

:(

Have the same. I blame Duke Nukem Forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭pmg58

Moon54 wrote: »
    I hope they do Fallout New Vegas for ~€5 this week,
    I missed it a couple of weeks ago when it was that price.

Same...and I've been checking every day for a deal on it since :(

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Meirleach

So logged in later today and all my missing gifts seem to have arrived. Lump of coal, some money off valve titles, and....a dota 2 invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Resisting buying Witcher 2. Will wait for it to go on a better sale I think. I've heard it's very good but I think I'll have enough with SWTOR for the next few months to keep me going.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's 18 euro or so (24 dollars) over on gog.com if the extra fiver is whats stopping you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

it's 18 euro or so (24 dollars) over on gog.com if the extra fiver is whats stopping you :)

Nah, more husbanding my money this month. Outlayed a lot already and will only buy really cheap stuff or something I really want off Steam at the moment. I want Witcher 2 but I'm not in a big rush to play it.

heh, im having to do the same thing
    had to fork out 30 euro on batteries just now for my lavatube, damn shoddy chinese suppliers
    i was gona buy tropico 4 this morning, but now.. im not sure, i have 20 euro left.. what if a better deal comes along on a game i want more

everyone says first world problems like they're not serious or something, but this is a hard call to make

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

heh, im having to do the same thing
    had to fork out 30 euro on batteries just now for my lavatube, damn shoddy chinese suppliers
    i was gona buy tropico 4 this morning, but now.. im not sure, i have 20 euro left.. what if a better deal comes along on a game i want more

everyone says first world problems like they're not serious or something, but this is a hard call to make

Either way its probable that most of the sales will available towards the end again. Tropico 4 is very good btw, I mentioned on release that I wouldn't pay more than 30 euro max, as its basically an expansion for Tropico 3

• Advertisement

yeah i kinda saw that from the demo, few new things added but it was very similar

freaking loved tropico 3 though, so with bigger islands and a few new toys.. cant complain overmuch
    screw it, ill buy it now
    and the dlc, cos i'm that kind of idiot

Advertisement