Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

laura. don't know when I'm due because I was at the doctor today and they changed my date AGAIN..you can take your choice out of the 5 I have been given already. 3rd August, 31st July, 2nd September, 28th August and 18th August. Now I have been told to wait until my 20week scan to verify a date. GRRR.

Not been on here in a while, had AWFUL headaches last week, was that bad I couldn't even wash my bloody hair. Appetite has gone to absolute muck, so I blamed that. Trying now to eat a breakfast lunch and dinner, although a toothless mouse would eat more lol. Hope you have all been well ladies. Was just also thinking about JulieLondon recently, hope she is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

ah Laura you poor thing, hope you get your appetite back soon x

i was at my doc this morning just for a check up, and heard the babys heart beat for the 1st time was amazing, took ages to find and then there it was x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I heard mine yesterday, it is lovely to hear it! Hope the doc went well Betsie.
    I had a second scan yesterday, unfortunately couldn't get a clear pic but was happy about hearing the heartbeat! Have been crippled with my back for the last few weeks, its a nightmare and there's only so much a hot water bottle can do!!Hope everyone is well!

yeah doc went well, hearing the heart beat was amazing, my bp was a small bit high but i had been sick all morning so she said it was prob just because of that but just to be sure to pop into the nurse on Friday just to check

nothing worse then a bad back, try take a relaxing bath maybe just rest and take it easy

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Grapefruit Moon

Laura that's nuts about the huge discrepancies in your due date, that must be frustrating! When/can they properly confirm it for you??

I heard a heartbeat today too :D went to the doc and she said I've a viral infection, which doesnt harm the baby but she knew I was anxious so we had a wee listen and there it was, nicely strong and healthy, happy days :)
    Delighted for everyone who's heard their heartbeats, so emotional, I've cried every time!
    So looks like Betsie or 0ctober could be our first mums here, how exciting! That is unless Laura sneaks in ahead of them!

• Advertisement

Our list so far??

Betsie 3rd August 
    0ctober 3rd August 
    A4D 17th August
    Kiniori 18th August
    Grapefruit moon 19th August
    Laura. Somewhere between 3rd August and 2nd September (not fair on poor Laura. :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Woo we seem to have a little cluster at the start of the month and then middle of the month! Aww Laura you poor thing! I think you should go with the 3rd and come join me and betsie :p

Can't remember if this was discussed further back, but where is everyone having their babies? I'm in the Coombe, anyone else? Found them great so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Hi Everyone,

Betsie, I remember the first time the gp checked for the heartbeat on my first pregnancy It took ages too! It was picking up my heartbeat. I was in a panic! :eek:

October, I will be having my baby in Clonmel. My appointment with the GP is not for 2 weeks yet. They are not seeing me as often because It is my third baby and the first two were straight forward. Have to say the time is flying between my appointments.

Anyone having any cravings? I can't get enough of soup!

Im in clonmel, so far have nothing bad to say about them, been there a few times between having the bleed and appointment- and found all the staff nice.

Laura come join me and October at the start of the month,

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

Ahh thanks girls, I thought I was just being a moody cow, by not having 'a date', but it is so annoying when we tell people that we are pregnant and naturally enough the first question they ask is "ahh lovely, what date are you due", so at the minute we are just saying August, and I feel so stupid then when I don't have a date to give them, just a month. I would happily join any of you ladies, but we will have to wait until the 11 April (hopefully, as it will them be 8weeks from my first one) till my 20 week scan so they can verify a due date and so help me God, if I am in that day and I get an around or about date someone is getting a high five to the face. I WANT A DUE DATE GODDAMMIT! (over-reaction much haha) We are going to find out at that scan also what we are having we let big sis decide if we find out to make her more involved (and because hubby and I couldn't decide), but keeping it between ourselves, will obviously tell you ladies as I don't think I will be bumping into ye in the corridors lol, which get's me to the question asked. We are going to Letterkenny General Hospital, don't think any of ye are up this far north :( imagine the fun we could have had. Is anyone else finding out what ye are having? xx

• Advertisement

i always said even before i was pregnant that i wouldn't like to fine out would like a surprise, but oh says he would like o know and now Im swaying towards the idea, if the opportunity arises then yes but if baby decides to hide then i guess we will find out in August :-)

Hey all,
    I'm doing the domino scheme with holles st, only had one appt so far and it was grand. Sister in law had her first semi private and second with the domino scheme and couldn't recommend the domino highly enough. Still wondering about the 'not actively promoting the epidural' aspect of it though!

Think the baby woke me up this morning having a move and stretch around, still not 100% sure though, can't wait to feel him/her properly!

Betsie we're pretty sure we're going to find out the sex if we can, just think that it'd be good for bonding and attachment, plus am v excited to know!!

What is everyone else thinking?

Oh and another question, are people starting to think about 'must get' lists yet? Havent a clue where to start but feel like I should soon, is this nesting?! Theres a few mums here already isn't there, any tips/hints?!

I am trying to think back to what I had bought before my first son was born. I know I had the cot, well it was a wooden mini cot, a cradle I suppose it is called. I was terrified the baby would fall out of a Moses Basket!!! It was more practical too because he was in it for about 6 months. I had the buggy got too and of course the Rock a Tot for bringing baby home. The first things I suppose are the things for the babies bag for the hospital. Babygro's, towels, nappies, vests, something cosy for going home in.

A lot of stuff you get as you go along, like baby monitors because chances are baby will sleep in your room for a few months and will probably sleep in living room or kitchen during the day. (recommend this, as they get used to the noise. A marching band could go through the boys room and they would't wake lol

Anyone going to breastfeed?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

I'm the same starting to wonder where to even begin with thinking about what we'll need... I suppose like you said it's probably easiest to just get the basics first and then everything else as needed as we go along.
    We decided we don't want to find out the sex, I think not knowing will keep me going through the last few weeks. Have to say though I've been having a look at baby clothes and it's so hard to find unisex things!
    I think I like not knowing, makes it a bit more fun :)
    And yeah kiniori I plan on breastfeeding, always said I would as there's just so many benefits to be had from it. A bit nervous about not being able to master it, but my mam, OH's mam and all my aunties did so I've a wealth of experience around me!

You are right October, the benefits are great and you have all that support, that is priceless. The Midwives in Clonmel were really supportive and gave great help. I didn't have the support you will have, my OH was fantastic, but the inlaws:mad: My mother in law passed a comment one day that it was like something the travellers do. I was livid, talk about ignorance! How I kept my cool I will never know lol.

Haven't even looked at baby clothes yet. I will be looking for neutral colours too!

i haven't really thought about buying anything yet, have been looking at prams on line just to get a idea of prices etc luv other them that nothing x

have every intention of trying to breast feed anyway, can't believe what your mother in law said, i don't think i would of been able to keep quite x

hope all you ladies had a good weekend, i took it easy as Im exhausted, feeling a good bit of movement the last few days, my OH is mad to feel a kick, 18 weeks now almost half way there, can't believe it,

Betsie, I was the same all weekend - so tired. Thought the tiredness was supposed to pass in the second trimester:( Have to agree time is flying. Have so much coming up the next few weeks, time is going to fly.

It just dawned on me I will need to be really organised before August. My little man is starting school in September, well the end of August. I could go at any stage in August, hoping earlier rather than later. If I go over I could miss his first day at school:eek: I would be heart broken. Lets hope I don't go ten days over again! Talk about time flying, can't believe my baby is off to big school.

Im waiting for the tireless to ease off but i don't think it fully will tbh,

i hope you don't miss the 1st day of school, think positive haha,

As my husband said it wouldn't be like me to be worried about something so far off and out of my control!!

• Advertisement

its a big day and you don't want to miss it,

have another scan next week looking forward to seeing how much baby has grown feels like ages since i saw it x

Good luck with the scan. I have GP appointment on Tuesday. My scan is still 6 weeks away!! The boys are convinced they are getting a sister, I'm tempted to book a private scan to tell the sex. I don't really want to know myself,but how will the boys feel if they have a brother? Would it be easier if they knew the sex?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Hi ladies, haven't been on in ages. Great to hear the ups and downs of everyone and know we're all in the same boat. Although we got another bit of news at our scan, we're having twins!!! Very very unexpected! Still taking it all in but we're over the moon. Anyone else in the multiple births category??(not meaning to scare anyone who hasn't had a scan yet :) )

Wow New Look, what exciting news! What is your due date. Had my scan, only having the one! Thought at the start I was having twins because I had symptoms so early. I was told by 2 different fortune tellers years ago I would have twins! My two boys are only 14 months apart, I did have a twin buggy lol. Irish twins!

I know someone who is due twins in early September. A far as I know everyone on here is having one baby.

wow new luck that's great news, x def just one there for me, hope everything goes well for you.

Hi, hope everyone is doing well. New Look congrats on the twins, mad news! Has it sank in yet?!
    I'm on a week off this week and loving it already! Had been getting really stressed out in work and so have done nothing all weekend and plan to keep it up for the week! Baby seems to approve though because he/she is kicking up a storm in there! Feeling kicks and proper movements, my husband can feel them too now which is cool. Wonder has the increase in movement anything to do with me being more rested and relaxed??
    How's everyone else getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 A4D

Hey posted on here ages ago

currently nearly 18 weeks wid pregnancy number 3

had a stillbirth & m/c in 2011 so its like the 3rd pregnancy in a year

on innohep and asprin due to previous placental problems im attending cumh

any1 else attending der due on the 17th august cant come quick enuf over a year later the longest year of my life..

had scan 2day so alls goin as it shud be gonna find out in april what we havin great tat i get scanned once a month :)

hope ye r all well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SarahC12

Hiya guys.. I'm just wondering is their anybody who could help me out a little.. i'v had unprotected sex just over 4 weeks ago, well my last period was on the 10Th of Feb.. usually the same every month, well i'v being getting cramping pains, similar to period pains, i get the feeling i want to get sick but i don't then i'm really tired all i'm doing is sleeping, when i urinate if i hold it in i get a sharp pain in my lower stomach,and my boobs are sore and tender, iv never experienced this before, as this had began to occur last week maybe.. i took a HPT last week the result was negative, but now its past my period due date and i'm late.. does it sound like i'm pregnant? any suggestions would be appreciated.
    None of the other sites have being much of a help, hopefully i'll get some help here :-)
    Many Thanks.

ah grapefruit what i wouldnt do for a week off work, i really need one but when your the only one doing your job its tough,

Thursday cant come quick enough, cant wait to see the little one again, feeling lots of flutters but no big kicks yet 19 weeks, my poor oh is impatient cant wait to feel a proper kick :)

• Advertisement

Had my GP appointment this morning. She had a feel around my tummy and said it was a fine size baby! Heard the heartbeat too :) 17 weeks and counting. Feeling lots of movement the past few days. All good if only the headaches would move on :(

Good luck at the hospital on Thursday Betsie, I have another 6 weeks to wait!

Advertisement