Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

mammytobe wrote: »

@SSFG - what is a grobag? Heard of them but what excatly to they do?? Are they a new concept??

It's like a sleeping bag for babies, this explains it better http://www.gro.co.uk/index.php?option=com_simplelists&view=simplelist&layout=toggle&category_id=18&Itemid=19
    This is the brand name company, now there are other versions that wouldn't be as expensive but do the same job. My sister used them, swears by them says they are so handy and they wash well too.
    This is the grobag I got in TK Maxx (just the grobag not the whole gift pack) https://www.babyaccessories.ie/p/grobag_tweetie_twoo_gift_of_sleep_ it was €20

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

I have the sheets and blankets from the boys , they are still perfect so I will use them. I didn't use the growbags myself. They were a newish concept and I always thought the babies arms would be cold eventhough when i put the blankets on their arms would be out anyway :confused: My friends swear by them

Will have to buy all new vests and babygros. I got rid of them because the 2 boys wore them. Can't wait to go buying all the little bits. Going to bring the oldest little man with me. Met his teacher for big school this morning. I could feel the tears welling up when she gave me his booklist:( Dam hormones. His start date for school is the 29th of August. I cannot possibly go ten days over again. I will be bouncing on my gym ball and on the hot curry from the start of August lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

kinioiri wrote: »
    I have the sheets and blankets from the boys , they are still perfect so I will use them. I didn't use the growbags myself. They were a newish concept and I always thought the babies arms would be cold eventhough when i put the blankets on their arms would be out anyway :confused: My friends swear by them

Will have to buy all new vests and babygros. I got rid of them because the 2 boys wore them. Can't wait to go buying all the little bits. Going to bring the oldest little man with me. Met his teacher for big school this morning. I could feel the tears welling up when she gave me his booklist:( Dam hormones. His start date for school is the 29th of August. I cannot possibly go ten days over again. I will be bouncing on my gym ball and on the hot curry from the start of August lol

Plenty of curry and chilli and you will be flying it please god,

is anyone else really itchy? The last few days i am really itchy all over my legs and my stomach mostly, and when i scratch i get hives, i haven't been able to shave my legs the last week or more because of it :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Aww betsie you poor thing :( hasn't happened to me but it could maybe be due to your skin stretching. Maybe say it to your doctor cos there is a condition in pregnancy involving itching and hives:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pruritic_urticarial_papules_and_plaques_of_pregnancy
    It's not serious, more an annoyance from what I've read!

is anyone else really itchy? The last few days i am really itchy all over my legs and my stomach mostly, and when i scratch i get hives, i haven't been able to shave my legs the last week or more because of it :-(

Betsie I could have wrote that! I had them last week. Didn't have them on my stomach only my legs. Same as you I couldn't shave my legs:/ They have gone this week so hopefully yours will disappear too :) The hives were in clusters on my legs. Its down to hormones not harmful apparently. Did all the internet checks last week. Don't think it can be that PUPPP thing, that is more common in the last trimester. The hives are common in the first pregnancy because of all the changes the body is experiencing. I didn't have them with either of the boys, so I am wondering if this baby could be a little girl?

• Advertisement

Well thank god Im not alone, sounds just like me, its just annoying more then anything else, i hope they will go away soon,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Spent a few hours in A&E last night with god awful cramps in my stomach. Had them from late afternoon n doc on call said to go straight in! Thankfully it is nothing to worry about. Its muscle pain caused by adhesion's I have from previous surgeries adn obviously the baby moving isn't helping them! I was never so relieved to hear that little heart beat, I just kept thinking the worst. But thank god all is fine and today I just feel like I have pulled muscles in my tummy.

Gee_G wrote: »
    Spent a few hours in A&E last night with god awful cramps in my stomach. Had them from late afternoon n doc on call said to go straight in! Thankfully it is nothing to worry about. Its muscle pain caused by adhesion's I have from previous surgeries adn obviously the baby moving isn't helping them! I was never so relieved to hear that little heart beat, I just kept thinking the worst. But thank god all is fine and today I just feel like I have pulled muscles in my tummy.

Good to hear all is OK

Oh gee g you must of gotten a fright all right, thank god everything was ok though x

Glad all is ok Gee_G. Hope everyone is enjoying the weather:)

• Advertisement

day 2hive free lets hope it stays that way :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Glad everything is ok GeeG, that must have been awful stressful x

Had my anomaly scan on Thursday morning- all good and got some lovely pics! So glad, had been quite worried in the days leading up to it. Been in such a good mood since, and also have 2 weeks off college for Easter now- heading away for a much needed 2 night break. Can't wait...life is good! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

Felt the first real movement this week cannot describe the feeling! It was unbelievable. Had a check up this week and the Dr couldn't detect the heartbeat on the doppler so he gave me a quick scan, babys heartbeat good and strong, baby is in breech position but other than that it all seemed good. He couldn't tell the sex of the baby because of the position so we'll have to wait another few weeks until the anomaly scan, im so nervous hope babys happy and healthy. Anyone else feeling kicks? Have ye started to buy baby stuff yet? Hope everyone's doing we'll
    l :-)

Feeling kicks for about 4 or 5 weeks or so, it's a lovely feeling! Husband loves feeling them too!
    Have a few bits got, buggy is bought, Moses basket is here it's a loaner from my sister, have cot and a few bits ordered from Bellababy.
    Clothes wise just a couple of gro bags, and scratch mitten sets I got in Guineys yesterday, and MIL and stepMIL have gotten a few packs of sleepsuits etc.

oh hasn't felt kick yet, as Im a bit bigger it will be later when he feels them, but Aw god am i feeling them :-)

i got a set in dunnes today with babygrows, vests hat scratch mittens in it, couldn't help but buy it, going to get buggy in 2weeks when pay day arrives :-)

hope all are well on here today x

Hi Ladies,

Has anyone got this amazing glow that comes with the second trimester. I certainly don't:( Don't remember feeling as crap when I was pregnant with the boys. I have put extra weight on this time too :/ My skin is dry and my hair is falling out!

I am having having really vivid dreams. I woke the other night convinced I was falling into a hole in the bedroom floor! My OH recorded me snoring the other night, charming! I sounded like a buffalo. lol

Oh well half way there now, hope the next 20 weeks pass as quickly :)

glow what glow haha, i feel crap, tired and i have another cold :-(

anyone feel like covering for me in work for a few days, could do with just staying in bed i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Quick Q - had anomoly scan today but couldnt get clear view of baby due to my dehydration and baby's activity, have to go back. Anyone any similar experience?

Did you not drink loads of water before yours scan, my baby always hides durng scans too, butits getting to the stage now where its running out of places to hide haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

No, I was sick just before the scan, had to run to the bathroom. Have myself convinced something is wrong and they are just not saying until the next scan :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

When is your next scan rentdayblues ? Hopefully u don't have much long to wait. It must be scary toe called back but since u got sick beforee the scan u may have been dehydrated and your bladder empty making it more difficult to see baby. Maybe the baby was positioned awkward and they could not see everything they needed to complete the anomaly scan. Hope you get a repeat scan soon to put your mind at ease :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

My last scan they also could not see anything, they would get the odd glimpse of the baby then nothing! Although I felt like my bladder was going to burst, they said it wasn't full enough!!! Last night lying in bed I felt a definite kick...before now its just been flutters but yep, definitely a kick :D Going on holiday this wknd...a week in the sun, taking advantage of this spare time before babs comes:D Hope everyone is doing well...

enjoy your holidays gee g, Im just looking forward to 2days off together :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

Due 29th of August, absolute bricking it, because i'll be on my own :(

have you family and friends around you who will help,

hope everyone is keeping well this week, i have another cold :-( have my gp check up tomorrow, looking forward to hearing the heartbeat again :-)

Yeah i have my family around.

I'm 20 weeks this week and i just feel very depressed :(

His daddy wanted a termination, so now that i'm keeping it, i'm on my own.

at least you have your family, just think of the wonderful bundle of joy at the end of it all,

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Yeah i have my family around.

I'm 20 weeks this week and i just feel very depressed :(

His daddy wanted a termination, so now that i'm keeping it, i'm on my own.

Hi Belfastmedic and all, I am due the 9th of August:), so excited, Like you I had a similiar experience at the beginning of my pregnancy but thankfully baby's daddy has come around or should I say coming around, I have great support from my family and him I suppose, he wants to be involved now but doesn't attend the scans or hospital appts, but even if we were together i dont think he would anyway, not that type of guy, but anyway I know what you are going through and there have been plenty of tears on my part (and his too) but all that matters is our baby and it will be so loved, try and enjoy your pregnancy it is truly a wonderful time in our lives.
    :):):)

• Advertisement

had my gp appointment today everything went well, love hearing the heartbeat nothing like it :)

hope everyone is ok this week,

Advertisement