Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

i had lot of headaches too over the last few weeks, but this week i seem to be headache free touch wood it lasts x

glad your gp appointment went well for you kin x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Hi, Hope everyone is keeping well. I haven't been posting a lot but have been keeping an eye on everyone :) Just wondering has anyone decided on whether to breastfeed or not yet?? At the start I had decided I was going to, now I am having doubts. :confused: I know 5 more months is lots of time to think about it, just wondering what are your thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sarah,

We can't tell you anything based on what you've told us about your late period.All those symptoms could be early pregnancy but they could just as likely be your period. The only way to find out for sure is to do another pregnancy test. Now that you've passed your period due date, IF you are pregnant, it should show up on a test. If you find out that you are pregnant, come back and we'll be able to give you some advice then. It'll be a very nerve-wracking pee, but maybe you could get one of your friends to do it with you for support?

Good luck pet.
    xx

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Gee_G wrote: »
    Hi, Hope everyone is keeping well. I haven't been posting a lot but have been keeping an eye on everyone :) Just wondering has anyone decided on whether to breastfeed or not yet?? At the start I had decided I was going to, now I am having doubts. :confused: I know 5 more months is lots of time to think about it, just wondering what are your thoughts

Hi Gee G,

I plan to breastfeed. I did with my two boys. Like everything there are pro's and con's. It can be tough going, my two seemed to want feeding constantly! I do feel it helped them health wise, they are rarely at the Doctor touch wood. I definitely plan to breastfeed for at least a month. I will have a 3 and 4 year old to run around after too :) It does take up a lot of time, but is well worth it.
    It is great for helping get back in shape too. Everytime you feed you can feel the muscles in the uterus contracting, like doing sit ups without the effort lol.
    Hope everyone is in good form x

i would like to try and breast feed alright, i know my sister and my cousin both dried up within days, so will see how it goes,

im exhausted today cant wait to go to bed,

hope everyone is well x

• Advertisement

what a day had am appointment in the hospital today was waiting 1hour and 20mins before i was even seen ay the nurse, finally after 2and half hours i got to see the doc, had my scan, printer wouldn't work so had to go to different room and be scanned again, have a nice pic of baby at long last x

what a day had am appointment in the hospital today was waiting 1hour and 20mins before i was even seen ay the nurse, finally after 2and half hours i got to see the doc, had my scan, printer wouldn't work so had to go to different room and be scanned again, have a nice pic of baby at long last x

My God Betsie that was some wait. It wasn't that bad when I was there, I will be prepared for the wait my next visit :(
    Glad you got on well and got your picture. It would be so disappointing to get no picture.

oh the wait was crazy today, only for my sister i would of cracked up, bring a book or something x

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Hi all! The twins shock has sunk in, thanks for the good wishes! Been feeling tickles from the inside the last couple of days and really have to hold in the giggles! Such a lovely feeling though :) Don't think breastfeeding is for me, well especially now with two on the way but I think it's great for anyone who can do it and it works out for them. Fair play to ye :) Is anyone wrecked tired all the time these days? I thought the second trimester was supposed to be less tiring but I'm hoping I can blame it on the two in tow! Great to have a few scan pics now isn't it? All so real :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Twinkleboots

Just gave a quick look in here as I had an August baby last year, the best time of year to have a baby of course!:D

Ladies it will fly and it will be August in no time so enjoy ye're pregnancies and make sure and rest and ye will have ye're little bundles of joy so soon!

I'm getting broody again browsing this forum haha:D

Best of luck everyone xxx

• Advertisement

new look im exhausted alot of the time, got a lovely frame for my scan pic today, it says baby scan on it, have it pride and place on the mantle place,

Twinkleboots lovely to hear from you, hope your little one is doing well, x

Have to agree on the tiredness, I'm shattered. I was at a function in Dublin last night, wasn't in bed until 2. Sooo tired today. I thought the tiredness was supposed to pass the second trimester too :( I am for the bed every night by nine o'clock.

i have to say these few days off are doing me good, feel a bit more relaxed and Im sleeping better :-)

i got a lovely surprise this morning got some flowers and a card signed from star(my dog) and from bump , i thought it was sweet that he even thought to do it x

That was sweet Betsie :) Did anyones GP or Midwife mention anything about iron tablets? I'm wondering if my iron is low and that's why I am so tired all the time. Can't remember when I took iron with the boy's but I know I did. Did they mention anything to you Betsie last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

Yoohoo ladies, not been on in AGES. How you all keeping? just a wee quick question for you all... have any of you been called by a midwife to get a Glucose Tolerance Test done? and julielondon has been banned I see under her name :(

Hope you have been keeping good. Looking forward to the next couple of weeks, to feel my little one moving about, eeekkkk get so excited when I think about it.

no not a word about it, i was going to ask but i forgot to, Im wondering should i be taking something, i just don't know, have to go back to gp in 3weeks ill ask then,

hope everyone is doing ok this week...,

midwife told me that it would be around 23 or 24 weeks to be called for gtt but not a word yet, woods what happened with Julie?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Hey everyone haven't been on in a while completely snowed under with college work :(

Kiniori- the midwife at my 13 week appointment told me to start taking iron tablets (Galfer) and just take one every second or third day. That said though I wasn't a red meat eater prior to my pregnancy so that's probably why she recommended it, although my haemoglobin levels were normal in my blood test. I know in the states pregnant women are routinely supplemented with iron, but the RDA's for nutrient requirements in pregnancy are a bit more conservative here so they may not mention it so early. But in the third trimester your iron requirements do increase dramatically, so I would ask about it at your next appointment!

Had a GP appointment this evening and all is well, have my big anatomy scan next week- am looking forwards to seeing babs again but at the same time a little bit nervous for this one, I just hope everything is ok. Anyone else a bit nervous?

Hope you're all keeping well! x

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Grapefruit Moon

Hi all, haven't been on in ages either, good to see everyone is doing well!

Laura I presume a glucose test is a normal part of checking for gestational diabetes, esp if there's a history of diabetes in your family but I'm only guessing so could be wrong.i haven't been asked for one yet but presume I will be at some stage.

That's so exciting about your big scan 0ctober! But totally understand why you'd be nervous, sure its in the name, an anomaly scan pretty much says its looking for things that are wrong! I'm a bit nervous too but listening to my hypnobirthing CDs is really helping to catch the negative thoughts and focus in positive ones instead. Mine isn't for another 3 or 4 weeks so am just focusing n seeing my baby again and hopefully finding out if it's a boy or a girl. Can't wait to know! Is anyone else going to find out?

Feeling so much movement over the last few weeks it's great, but everytime there's a big one I get a fright, is that normal?! When will I get use to it?! Or do you ever?! By now I'm pretty sure I can distinguish a foot from a hand and when it's more a somersault or full body movement, think that means I've really weak stomach muscles?!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Haven't been on here in a long while, hope everyone is doing well.
    Had anomaly scan on Tuesday, all is well, a fine size baby I was told! We found out what we are having, is anyone else doing this or holding out till August.
    I was told Tuesday I have to to the Glucose Tolerance Test, the midwife said they do them if you are over 30, that was why she said she is sending me for one, but when I mentioned I have a cousin with diabetes she said she def would have sent me then.
    Have been feeling a bit of movement particularly in the last few days, it's great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Grapefruit Moon

SSFG I really want to know what we're having, are you going to tell people or keep it secret? You going to tell us?!

• Advertisement

Oh I've told anyone that wants to know, I really don't mind!
    It's a girl, husband is thrilled he wanted a girl, I was completely convinced it was a boy to the extent that when he would mention girls' names I'd be telling him there was no need to look at the girl's names!!
    I'm delighted too, but was just shocked as I was so so convinced it was a boy!

Congratulations on your little girl SSFG :) Have a feeling I could be having a girl too. I am carrying different this time, but then again that probably means nothing. I haven't heard anything about the glucose test yet. I was over 30 with my second boy and it was never mentioned. Maybe things have changed in 3 years, it could be routine now.

Thanks October re the iron tabs. I got some spatone. It's great, doesn't have the high dosage like the galfer, so it doesn't have the same side effects. I don't feel so tired since. It is easier to take because its liquid, I can hide it in my OJ. It hopefully build the iron up a bit. My iron went very low in my last pregnancy, they were threatening me with an injection, so I had to take the Galfer too. I will take the spatone until they check the bloods again in a few weeks.

Has anyone come across any nice maternity wear? Where I am living there is nothing. Very hard to order on-line, but I did get some nice jeans from the New Look website.

SSFG wrote: »
    Oh I've told anyone that wants to know, I really don't mind!
    It's a girl, husband is thrilled he wanted a girl, I was completely convinced it was a boy to the extent that when he would mention girls' names I'd be telling him there was no need to look at the girl's names!!
    I'm delighted too, but was just shocked as I was so so convinced it was a boy!

sounds just like me and my other half i am convinced its a boy and he says a girl, we were going to find out at our 20 week scan but baby was not co operating haha, congratulations on your girl x

smothered with another fecking cold too the kids i mind have coughs and colds the last 2weeks so i was just waiting for it really, only problem is oh has it too or should i say he has man flu haha,

re clothes i have ordered stuff on simply be only the other day, very expensive but as Im a bigger girl Im limited to where i can buy clothes, lets hope they are ok,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

hope everyone's well! im 17 weeks now and still not really showing! is it just me? or will i start to show soon? how long does the anomaly scan take? im so nervous hope babys healthy

i was in with the dr for about half an hour, time flew in there though i was just enjoying looking at my lovely little baby, :)

im 20weeks now and showing but everyone is different, my own sister didnt start to show until about 25/26 weeks so i wouldnt worry too much once baby is happy and healthy in there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

thanks Betsy that's a relief
    my anomaly scan got rescheduled a later date to add to my worries, just beside myself wondering if he or she is healthy

touch wood everything will be fine,try not to think about it too much

Has anyone bought much stuff? Was in TK Maxx today, picked up two gro bags, one was €20 the other was €17. I did see some in a baby shop for €35+!
    Also saw they have gro bags in Heatons as well for €16/17.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mammytobe

Hi all, havent been on in a few weeks. Probs with internet and this site is a bit awkward to get on your phone.

17 weeks now due 30th Aug. Scan n all done, everything ok.

Glad to see everyone is doing well.

@SSFG - what is a grobag? Heard of them but what excatly to they do?? Are they a new concept??

• Advertisement

They are like sleeping bags for all the world, with 2arm holes in them for the baby to sleep in instead of using blankets,

I havent bought anything yet, i suppose with my early bleeds etc i was a bit paranoid but now im 21weeks i suppose i would want to start buying stuff now though haha

Hope everyone is well this week, x x

Advertisement