Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Glad the GP appointment went well Betsie. Have next hospital appointment Monday week. Can't wait for it. I am feeling loads of movement the past few days. It's so reassuring. :)

Hope everyone is well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Grapefruit Moon

Haven't been In here in ages, hope everyone is doing ok?

Welcome Belfastmedic and so sorry to hear the hard time you've been through. Pregnancy is emotionally tough at the best of times so I can only imagine how you're feeling. Make sure you look after yourself well and def lean on any support you have around you. I sometimes feel like a teenager again, cos my emotions can totally take over any rational thoughts and sometimes I just need to cry, even though I don't know why! So make sure you cry and talk when you need and surround yourself with people who care for you, use that support!

I've my big scan tomorrow, excited but a bit nervous too! (cue the random tears!)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Had 24wk GP check up yesterday, all is great, heard the heartbeat god I love that sound! Recorded it on my phone so now I can hear it whenever I want!
    She's kicking the living crap out of me lately, I love it, Dr said it's a sign of a healthy baby!

Belfastmedic, you'll have good support on here too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

never thought of recording the heartbeat that would of been such a good idea, next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Hi, im new to this thread, have doctors appt tomorrow and hoping to hear the heartbeat too, i havent heard it yet, am 23 weeks due 9th aug, saw it on scan twice but doppler couldnt pick it up last time as baby was in a funny position, hope I hear it tomorrow, fingers crossed. Its so exciting isn't it. Time is flying by, can't wait to meet my little one in august.

• Advertisement

welcome along to the thread rose, best of luck with the gp tomorrow, i hope you get to hear the heartbeat :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

Its good to see everyone is well, Belfast medic i hope you are feeling better being pregnant is tough enough not to mind having other troubles going on in your life. I think a lot of us can all agree that none of our circumstances are ideal but you will get great support from all here :-) just think of your little babba inside of you that loves you just as you are!

Let us know how you got on at your scan grapefruit moon, hope all goes well , does anyone know if you need a full bladder for the 20 week scan? I've mine next week , so nervous !!

i was told that i need to have a full bladder for all my scans.

how's everyone's bump coming along, i woke up this morning and feel like i have doubled in size,

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Grapefruit Moon

Scan went great, baby looks healthy and normal, everything developing as it should be, also, it would appear I'm having a boy!!!!! :D
    It's taking a while to sink in, makes it all so real knowing that I'm going to have a son, madness!!

On the full bladder thing, I didnt know either way so i drank up beforehand just in case i needed one but I was asked to go and pee in the middle of the scan because the sonograpgher couldnt measure the baby's head properly because my full bladder was in the way.

Also, any specific questions you want to ask write them down to remind yourself and make sure you ask them because they might not be answered automatically.

Good luck to all!! :)

• Advertisement

Heard my baby's heartbeat today, its so wonderful and reassuring that all is ok.
    Having a private scan on the 28th will find out then if im having a boy/girl, can't wait to see my babba again, not getting an anomoly scan, only had the 12 week one and maybe one at 32 weeks to check placenta positioning, everyone on this thread appears to have had one or having one, guess its my hospital that won't provide it.

Hi Rose 35,

I wasn't offered an anomoly scan either at 20 weeks. Had my first one at 11 weeks and my next scan is Monday week and I will be 23 weeks. Not sure if they can or will at 23 weeks.

Would love to find out the sex of my baby, I didn't all along. My husband is totally against it! This pregnancy is very different to my last two. I am wondering if it could be a girl this time. I don't want to get my hopes up as naturally a little girl would be the icing in the cake after 2 gorgeous little men. Now I have written it down it seems selfish:( Of course I would gladly take another little man, I know what to do with them lol

I was going to ask the nurse to ask the Doctor to write it down for me so OH wouldn't know what I am up to. I always go into the nurse on my own. God I sound so devious, must be the hormones :/

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

Thanks Rose35 and Pushki :)

I'm not too bad, i think i just need to put my hate aside for the daddy and concentrate on my baby.

Somedays i think i should have had the termination and now i'm going to have a part of him with me for the rest of my life, he put me through alot of crap and i really hate him :(

ah grapefruit moon a boy that's wonderful, my next scan is not till the 10th of may, kinda want to fine out what it is, oh thinks its a girl and Im saying boy haha so at least one of us will be right :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Hey great to hear everyone is getting on well and we have some new faces for our August group!
    Had my 24 weeks appointment today, have been transferred to the DOMINO scheme and have to say it's fantastic, in and out in no time and the midwives are lovely- beats queueing for hours in the Coombe any day! Got to hear the heart beat for the first time too which was lovely :) Raging I'm only seeing the idea now about recording it, will have to do it next time!
    Belfast medic- sorry to hear you're having a tough time. My pregnancy was completely unplanned, and cos I'm young enough (22) and still in college we talked about termination too. I'm so happy we went ahead with the pregnancy, and even though I'm really excited and can't wait to be a mammy I'm still finding things tough emotionally coming to terms with everything. It's such a big thing for any woman to go through but particularly if it was unplanned or if they don't have a supportive partner. I find just taking things day by day, (or hour by hour even!) really helps. Surround yourself with family and friends and don't be afraid to lean on them. People in general are so helpful and supportive- I find even something small like customers in work asking how I'm getting on gives me a boost if I'm going through a rough patch, or being around people who are really excited for you rubs off and helps remind you about what a positive thing becoming a mammy is, despite the difficulties along the way. And like others have said you have loads of support here too. Despite all our different situations we are all women going through the same thing at the end of the day, don't be afraid to share here! Sorry I've rambled a bit haha. Look after yourself x

Just saw your comment there betsie, we're the same I'm convinced its a boy, himself thinks its a girl! Only time will tell. The midwife today said you wouldn't believe how often they get the sex wrong...put me off finding out!

yeah i would be afraid of that, if i went out and bought a load of blue stuff and then exist to be a girl, a surprise is nice too though, :-)

It is so exciting isn't it? A lot of us are going to find out if we are having a boy or girl in these few weeks!! At first my partner wanted to find out and i wanted to wait for the surprise but curiosity has hot the better of me and we are going to find out at our scan next week! That's if the baby will be in position, it was lying sideways at the last scan :-D i am beyond excited
    how is everyone feeling i am starting getting lower back pains quite a lot , anyone else?

Belfast medic i understand how the whole situation can seem so overwhelming and you can't think of anything else but the future years and how your babys daddy will be in them but as October said you should try not to think of things that are or are not going to happen in a years time, try and take each day as it comes. Even say to yourself i only have ... To do for today. Go easy on yourself and be kind to yourself. Life can change in minute :-) talk to family and friends and even talk to your gp about how you are feeling.

Id never have thought myself that i would feel happy about this baby a few weeks ago but now everything feels different, even though circumstances are very difficult having the baby feels so right. Take care of yourself, you are the most important person at the moment :-)

Yeah I'm starting to get a bit uncomfortable, lower back/hip pain and achy under my ribs. Didn't think this would start this early!

Anyone else been looking at travel systems etc? Jesus choosing one is harder than buying a car!!

yeah i have lower back pain a few weeks now but i also have some pelvic pain i asked the doc the other fact my appointment about it and she just pain to me that it is just whatever way the baby is lying at the moment,

i put a deposit on a pram yesterday baby elegance can't remember the model, well when i say i, i mean my mother did haha, i knew bringing her shopping would be a good idea :-)

• Advertisement

Hi Girls,

Hope everyone had a good weekend:) I have a Silvercross Linear Freeway Travel System from the boys, it didn't get much use on the second boy because I had to get a double buggy. My Mam bought it for my first boy. Its of sentimental value because she passed away a few weeks before he was born. Its great its a pram and a buggy and it came with the rock a tot too.

Haven't had any backache yet thankfully, just the low down ligament pain.

I know there's so many travel systems out there! I just want one that's easy to use and light. Seen a god few special offers in smyths . Ya i think the back pain does have something to do with babys position. The only way i can get relief at the moment is to lie down. That pain just under the ribs feels horrible!!

Yeah the pain under ribs nearly puts me off eating, feels like a big meal would make it more achy!

My head is actually done in with travel systems. We had nearly settled on the baby elegance beep, but then noticed that the basket underneath is really really small, not sure if you would even fit a changing bag in it, which I think is kind of essential. Like the look of the Quinny buzz, but just too pricey for us I think

its the baby elegance ego that i put the deposit on, folds up easy and got the car seat with it too,

hope everyone has a good week x

I am getting the Graco travel system from my friend who insists that I shouldnt go out and spend loads of money on one that I will possibly only use for max 8 months, she thinks I will want to just get a lighter buggy at that stage and baby will be moving into a bigger car seat aswell, yes I agree I bought a new car two months ago and I spent less time researching it!!! ha ha. I really wanted the maxi cosi travel system though, its pricey though but looks so comfy!!! I might just get it yet.

Ya i don't think i will be spending much on the travel system either, as long as it does the job for the few early months that's good with me :-) hope everyone's well xx

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

Lower back pain too :o

I'm feeling better in myself tho

Going to the pregnancy and baby expo in cork this weekend :)

Hi all,

I used to go down on all fours and rock forward and back (I know it sounds and looks a bit crazy :) ) but it helps move the baby into a more comfortable position. If it gets rid of the back pain who cares about looking demented lol.
    Haven't had the back pain YET! Only a matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Hi all, How is everyone?? Is everybody feeling movement now?? For the last week or so baby has been going mad moving, my OH got to feel it the other day which was great!! Had my hospital app yest (22weeks), was full sure I would be getting a scan and was so excited as I couldnt see anything the last time and I was told that wasnt getting one :mad: I sat and waited for hours for my app just to have a bloody chat!!!Raging!! Anyway, finished giving out now! :) Hoping to go look at travel systems this wknd and maybe put deposit on one. Just back from our hols last Sunday and feel like I could do with another one already!!:D

• Advertisement

hope you had an amazing holiday gee g, feeling loads of movement now except every time i call oh to come feel it move the baby hides, he is a bit upset mad to feel it,

Advertisement