Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mammytobe

Let us know how your scan goes Grapefruit moon!

I went to docs during week, but I didnt get a pregnancy test or blood test or any tests for that matter. Just filled out form for the scan which she said she would fax to hospital.
    I dunno, is this normal???

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Have our first scan tomorrow, will just be 10 weeks but all I want is to hear a strong healthy heartbeat and finally be reassured this is happening!!

Ooo exciting, hope all is well! Have mine on Thursday and the days are draaaaging, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Hello ladies, just did the clearly pregnancy test last night and the indicator returned 3+ weeks pregnant. I had very strong suspicions as was a week late and my breasts were unbelievably tender. So, i took the test and let the oh reason the result. So it was the opposite of how it is in the movies. He told me ;) so nervous as its my first and haven't seen my gyno yet. Don't know when to tell the family. My sis is due in a few weeks.

Congrats Emma!

I know it can all be a bit scary at first, but just enjoy it (apart from the nausea and sore boobs etc!)

You should go see your GP just to get it confirmed then go about picking your hospital etc. It's up to you when you tell your family, a lot of people wait til 12 weeks, I told mine pretty much straight away but I'm still living at home so it would have been hard to hide it!

Hope your not feeling too icky and congrats again! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Congratulations Emma believe me i know about surprises but can't wait now to see what happens,

i was about 7weeks when we told our family's but couldn't wait any longer but still haven't told others. Can't wait to tell though :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Grapefruit Moon

Hi all,
    Thanks so much for the good luck wishes. Yesterday was great!

Didn't really know what to expect and then as soon as the soonographer put the scan thing on my belly, our baby popped up on the screen. Oh my god, so surreal and brilliant! I couldn't stop crying but had to try cos every time I moved my belly the pic went!

So there he was (I'm sure it's a he, no real reason!), hands waving, could even seen his little fingers, everything the right size and the right place and as it should be. Hearing the heartbeat was immense, and seeing the wee heart beating too, just wow. Was so so relieved and now the happiness and excitement is kicking in properly for the first time, yey!!

Best of luck to everyone here to, exciting times!!

glad everything went so well for you grapefruit moon, its wonderful seeing the baby just moving around in there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Aw so exciting Grapefruit Moon! Sounds like it was truly fantastic. Can't wait to get to that stage!
    Is anyone else completely and utterly exhausted to the point where ye can hardly do anything? I knew I'd be tired but I didn't think I'd be floored this much :(

Oh don't talk to me about being tired, Im so tired i don't have energy for anything at all and its wrecking my head :-(

Tell me about it, by 3.00pm I'm ready for bed! It's impossible to concentrate too, I find I just completely lose track mid-sentence, damn pregnancy brain!

Oh and Grapefruit Moon delighted your scan went well, it sounds amazing! I can't wait for mine but I'm nervous too, just hope everything is ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

Aww Betsie, sounds like you have had an awful time, but glad everything is ok now again. Hope your resting and lounging about letting the oh treat you like royalty :D

That's great news about your scan Grapefruit, really puts your mind at rest when you have a scan done, even just to see the heartbeat going like mad made me almost cry. I think it is the unexpected we are all afraid of. If we went by everything we read on the internet we would be quivering wrecks wrapped up in bubble wrap lol. Think we have to keep remembering how well cushioned our little beans are in there, and our body's were built for this, so we shouldn't be so afraid.

Anyway I'm feeling grand today, boobs are KILLING me (pain woke me this morning, but I was laying on them lol) and was extremely nauseous yesterday and zero energy, but other than that all is good. Hope we all have a good week and we're all one week closer to the second trimester YAY.

And welcome to the new momma to be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Thanking you everyone. If Im not preggers, then there is definately something iffy going on with my boobs. Definately gone up at least one size if not more in the last 2 weeks, they also have seriously changed shape and i noticed they were all veiny last night. No sickness yet. Should i still worry that it will hit or might i be one of the lucky ones. Fingers crossed ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Am so tired this time ladies. Don't remember being this tired last time and I had a 14 month old to run around after! Maybe I didn't have the time to be tired! Feel sick constantly and have dreadful ligament pains. This pregnancy is so different to my first two.

Im back to work today ladies and Im exhaustead :-( the kids are running rings around me, don't know how ill manage them over t.e next few months :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Grapefruit Moon

" I think it is the unexpected we are all afraid of. If we went by everything we read on the internet we would be quivering wrecks wrapped up in bubble wrap lol. Think we have to keep remembering how well cushioned our little beans are in there, and our body's were built for this, so we shouldn't be so afraid"

Laura you are so right, that just the kind of rational and logical thinking I need to remind myself off! And I need to stop reading scary things on the Internet!

To anyone whose tired I know how you feel, the last 2/3 weeks I was pretty much useless when I came home from work, was barely able to keep my eyes open! A few times I napped for an hour as soon as I came home, and I used my weekends to sleep and do very little so my batteries would be recharged for Monday (not possible when you have other kids I know). The other thing that helped was going for a short walk, 10/15 mins at lunch time or in the evening,when I could drag my arse outside but it does help me feel better.
    Thankfully though the tiredness seems to be lifting now, so fingers crossed that lasts.

So, who is having a scan this week and when??! Good luck!!

My scan is on Monday. Can't wait. :)

I have another appointment in the hospital next Thursday only got the appointment in the post this morning,

my oh came home last night from work and handed me a piece of paper, i opened it and he has booked for us to go away next weekend can't wait x

Hey guys,
    how long did you have to wait to get the letter for your scan? :rolleyes:

Aw how fab Betsie!! :)

mammytobe wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I had my GP appointment on the 22nd of December and got my appointment for the scan for next Monday the 30th. I am going to Clonmel. I was private last time, going public this time and my appointment is sooner!
    I phoned the hospital 2 weeks ago and they told me when my appointment was. Still didn't get the letter. Hope you get your appointment soon.:)

kinioiri wrote: »
    I had my GP appointment on the 22nd of December and got my appointment for the scan for next Monday the 30th. I am going to Clonmel. I was private last time, going public this time and my appointment is sooner!
    I phoned the hospital 2 weeks ago and they told me when my appointment was. Still didn't get the letter. Hope you get your appointment soon.:)

im going to clonmel too, :) who you under there or do you know yet?

• Advertisement

im going to clonmel too, :) who you under there or do you know yet?

Hi Betsie. Its the lady Doctor, Dr. Vijay. I had Dr Attia with my two boys and he was brilliant, I think he is gone now. I think because I am going public I will only meet Dr Vijay the first time and it could be someone different the following time.

Is this your first baby? :)

Yeah i saw Dr vjay when i was these last week, Im under Dr haq now met him in the clinic 3weeks ago not sure about him, although have to go back to him next week in the hospital so will see how i get on, yeah its my 1st baby :-)

I couldn't say a bad word about Clonmel. The midwives are excellent, really nice. This is my third baby please God. I had an early miscarriage before the two boys, so I won't settle until I see the scan on Monday. If you have any questions about Clonmel or anything about pregnancy just ask. :)

I will, thanks so much :-)

Yeah anything i heard about clonmel was all good,

best of luck on Monday ingestion all s well

mammytobe wrote: »
    Hey guys,

My letter took about 3-4 weeks to come, but I sent it in with the xmas post so it probably got delayed. My appointment was very soon after I got a reply- had it today!
    Had my first scan, it really was so surreal, the most amazing feeling ever! We could see the little heart beating away and baby moving around, it even gave us a little wave as if to say "hi mummy, hi daddy!" Didn't get to hear the heart beat though, but still delighted, been grinning ear to ear all day :D
    Ahhh August seems so far away but I'm sure it'll be on top of us before we know it!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 scunners

Sounds so exciting! Mine is still 12 days away, don't know why I thought I could wait till 12 weeks!!! Really need something exciting to happen to help with all this sickness and tiredness. Soooooon!

Thanks for your replies, its been 3 weeks now since the doctor faxed it over, but Ill wait another week then maybe give the hosp a call.

Cant wait cause the pregnancy still dosent feel real yet, ive no sickness whatsoever, suppose I shouldnt complain!! :p

I know what you mean about it not feeling real, it's only today that it's starting to really hit home, hence the big stupid grin and spending hours staring at my scan pic! Hope you're not waiting too much longer xxx

so sick this morning and Im minding 3children Ages 2,4 and 6 and in no humour for it

• Advertisement

Had my first scan today:) 11 weeks and 1 day. Still have the same due date August 18th.
    Great to see the little one wriggling around:)

Advertisement