Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

I know Excited, I really dont want to be on my own when baby is born, Everyone at home is a bundle of nerves it would be great to have sooner rather than later
    Even to put them at ease :)
    I am feeling crampy like period pains but not too bad, I managed to wash my hair give the room a quick clean and put up the moses basket:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

better to be prepared anyway pushki,

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

try relax for the rest of the evening, build up some energy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

well bp was ok, as for the cramping i was just told they might or might not be something, i love the way they can't tell you anything :-(

Really!!! might or might not be something, been feeling very crampy all day:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

pushkii wrote: »
    Hi girls, well was at the mat and the head is well engaged and he said my cervix is ripe as he gave me a surprise sweep :eek:
    i am shocked to say the least! was sent home and dont know what to expect!!

OMG Pushki, really, thats fantastic, you are on a roll now;).
    Me jealous, i so mad have to wait till im overdue to attend the maternity again, which is next monday, it will be a month since i was last there:mad:, gp cant tell stuff like that!!!
    Delighted for you. that is great news, getting excited and scared im sure at the same time:D

• Advertisement

So excited and nervous i just hope something will happen. Im going to try get some sleep now while i can, big pad on and waterproof sheets and towels on the mattress i hope its not all in vain !! Drank a few cups of raspberry tea too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

rose i'm back monday too but ill only be 39wks so they'll have no news for me i'd say. They generally seem happy enough to pawn me off on my gp and after my app with her tomor she is away on 2 weeks hols! :-(
    how long can it take after sweep to see if it works or not?? I've everything crossed for u here pushkii x x

About 24 to 48 hrs if it works. I hope i haven't got my hopes up too much though, haven't even had braxton hicks or loss of mucous plug at all during my pregnancy !

well you can loose your plug and not realise it so i was told, it can break down into smaller pieces that you wouldn't notice at all,

hope you get some sleep pushki :-) Im here on my ball, finding it hard to relax i just want to be up doing stuff, yet Im wrecked, i don't understand it

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kvicka

best fo luck pushkii:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

Aww best of luck pushki :D

just wondering is it ok to take paracetomol, i havent taken any pain killers during my pregnancy but i have a feeling i may need something in the night.

yeah it is ok to take but only when really needed, i have been taking 2every night for the last 2weeks going to bed due to hip and pelvis pain, doc said it was fine

hope you feel some relief in bed betsie

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Excited I found a hot shower great for back pain and cramps- if you kinda lean forward against the wall and just let the water spray right on the base of your back and kind of move your hips from side to side. It was really soothing when I had my false alarm cramps at the weekend.

Pushkii I've everything crossed for you! Rest up now while you can :)

Been bouncing on the ball like a mad thing today and got out for a long walk. Cramps have completely stopped now, so annoying :( 40+4 today...

October - i feel for you, it must be hard been 4 days over and still not knowing when is it going to happen. im starting to think my pain may be related to the possibilty that i may have gall stones.

Morning girls not a sign of baby pushki ! Managed to get a bit of sleep and have slight dull period like cramps, i don't think the sweep worked.
    How is everyone else?

ah pushki im sorry the sweep didnt work, but the fact you have had it and were ready enough to have one might mean that you wont be too much longer :)

i slept ok last night, woke a few times to pee but other then that not too bad, i only woke up then at 7 so im happy with that, im planning a pj day today anyway going nowhere :)

ya never know pushkii, still got today!!
    Wel i officially hate going to Bed, up about 7 times to go to loo and my heartburn has now changed to this lovely kind of reflux thing that makes me almost sick every time it happens, its bloody horrendous. To make matters worse i keep waking oh getting up n down too, god love him, and he's up and out every morn at 7.30. I just do not enjoy bedtime anymore at all!!
    Anyway, off to gp now soon. Betsie enjoy your pj day! Might be going you when i get back! Pushkii, chin up, could happen when u least expect it :-)

Thats good you slept ok Betsie. Im dying to get out of the house today go shopping or something which is not like me at all!!
    Might go to the local shops quickly and head home, dont want anything embarrassing like my waters breaking in public!:o
    Then head home with lots of ice cream and maybe pineapple and bounce on my ball for the day.
    Is your heartburn still as bad as ever Betsie?

• Advertisement

yeah im the same i dont want to go anywhere in case my waters break :)

sounds like a plan though icecream and pineapple :)

heartburn is the same as ever, its at the stage now where water is even giving it to me :)

That's so bad betsie. And gee g about the heartburn :-( i think icecream is definitely in order for us all today! Gee g hope your app goes well and you might get some good news :-)
    As for the pineapple would i eat one whole one?!
    On my way to the shops now with both my parents they are so nervous!! We even have sterile gloves and scissors, towels and a leaflet on how to deliver baby!!! I swear im never going to go at this stage,
    I think they think the baby will just pop out with no warning!!!

aw pushkii that is gas... Ye are all prepared so! That made me giggle sitting in the waiting room :-) have your parents got their scrubs and all in the boot?? ;-)
    Ye, ya'd eat a whole one, by time ya take skin and the bit out of the middle there aint that much to eat!

haha thats nice though at least you know that they are there for you :)
    imagine if it was that easy that the baby would just pop out without warning haha

i would find it hard to eat a full one in one go but over a while nibble away one it :)

i feel like eating all around me today trying not to though

Pushkii sorry to hear there were no developments over night, I logged on as soon as I woke to check had you any news! But like betsie said you might go yourself since you were favourable for a sweep so early. Haha my parents are the same, my mam won't let me go out on my own now just in case and always insists on coming with me or sending my sisters with me. She also keeps popping her head in if I'm watching tv or up in my room to check have I got any pains, I'm like I'll shout for you if anything happens! She's so excited, you'd know it was her first grandchild :)
    Betsie enjoy the pj day, sounds lovely :) and GeeG you poor thing I hope you manage to have a snooze this afternoon.
    Off to the vet with my dad and the dog, might ask him if he has any tips for bringing home a new baby with a dog around, can see our dog getting jealous cos shes always been the baby round here!

Lol they are gas alright first grandchild and all too !! I got two small pineapples might get another one in lidl .
    Betsie you really should eat if you feel like it you will need the energy in the next few days hopefully! I think if i stuff myself too it might bring on baby.
    October wouldn't it be gas if you went at the vets! The vet would have to deliver the baby!! :-D
    Betsie and gee g do ye have someone with ye at all times too?

Wel back from gp, bp is ok, still not down where it should be but staying the same for past few weeks. She still says she will be v surprised if they let me go the 2 weeks over cos of bp but will see, not getting hopes up.
    Don't have someone with me all the time, but my sister is a lot of the time. She's a teacher and on her hols so its great. Also my parents are only like couple of miles down the road. I think i'd kinda flip if i had someone with me all day, i like my own space :-) but i do spend a lot of time up in my sisters.
    Tis v warm here today, think the next few days are meant to be v hot. It'll either kill us or make us stronger ha ha.
    Betsie eat away, its not v often we are given a free pass to eat lots, sleep lots and laze during the day so we might as well take advantage :-)

i can see my dog being jealous too, but i think she will get over it, i was told to get oh to bring home a vest or babygrow before the baby comes home leave her sniff it bed just leave it around the place x

no Im on my own all day from 8 until half 6 but oh can be home from work in 20mins if he has to be, its just me and the dog :-)

its very close today, fecking raining though, maybe the heat might make stuff happen for us haha:-)

my oh is about the same distance away betsie, doesn't really bother me. Him and my brother have decided on a convenient day and time for them both for me to have the baby. Think they have decided on a friday morning... Conveniently enough for them to be off for weekend while i'm in the hospital ha ha. Pair of brats! :-)
    my dog isn't a house dog betsie so don't think mine will be a big problem, he's still spoilt though but he's only young and generally v adaptable when it comes to other dogs, kids or people so fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

Haha can you imagine pushkii! At least he'd have some idea what to do after delivering baby animals :P
    The heat is a killer isn't it. Got my hands on an electric fan about 2 weeks ago and it has been a godsend. I literally bring it from room to room with me. Planning on bringing it into the delivery room with me! :P

Advertisement