Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

i'd say its so nice knowing ur date laura and my birthday too ha, couldn't get better date!
    Ye i'm fairly puffy all round myself, my feet are constantly swollen, hands kind of take notions!
    I too am getting the waddle, i just feel so big and awkward!
    Ah Thats a lovely size, they just keep saying to me that my baby is big but wont say how big, knowing my luck 10lb!
    You keeping ok in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

All went well, but baby's heartbeat was up and down and they were going to section me. She was facing to the side as well so they gave me a chance to push her out with the ventouse and it worked.
    Had to have the epi as they were going to section me, but I'd have asked for it anyway I wasn't able for the pain to be honest. Got to 5cm on my own. Used the bath, gas and air, TENS and ball.
    Came home Monday and it's tough going, trying to BF and really finding it such a rollercoaster, really unsure how much longer I will be able for it.
    Other than that baby is good, we're in love with her. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

oh Laura left go 3weeks your kidding me, i think i would of cracked up,

is your bp still borderline betsie?the doctors obviously dont pass much remarks on high bp if they are letting u go on. Just that my gp had said she doubted theyd let me go over with my bp being high but prob wont happen :-( i might do a few laps of the hospital before my app on monday, get my heart(and bp) pumping ha ha, they might keep me :-) clearly i'm joking about the running

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Congrats again SSFG you seem to have dealt with it all great :-) it must have frightening as the babys head to the side and heartrate up and down but now you have your little bundle im so jealous!!

Laura its great to hear from you, hopefully the gallstones will leave you alone until bab comes.

Feeling a bit fed up today i had my hopes up that the baby was on the way but nope nothing :-( i can't imagine how ye overdue ladies are feeling.

• Advertisement

Gee_G wrote: »
    is your bp still borderline betsie?the doctors obviously dont pass much remarks on high bp if they are letting u go on. Just that my gp had said she doubted theyd let me go over with my bp being high but prob wont happen :-( i might do a few laps of the hospital before my app on monday, get my heart(and bp) pumping ha ha, they might keep me :-) clearly i'm joking about the running

yeah bp still raised kinda wish it would raise a bit more so they might do something for me x

you could do a few laps too ;-) Ye its funny that they dont do something. It does kinda make sense that they'd start ya early rather then later but as i said, not getting hopes up!
    how was your day with your family?
    I slept for over 2 hours earlier, Thats unatural that early in the day!:-) and most of the time ya dont feel any better after it!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Congrats again SSFG :) hope things get easier for you with the breastfeeding.

Had my sweep this morning. Turns out my pains over the weekend weren't in vain as my cervix is thinned out and very favourable. Sweep was pretty uncomfortable, she really didn't hold back! Had a bit of bleeding about an hour after and have had pains and cramps in my back and down the tops of my legs all afternoon so hopefully this is the start of something. Doctor booked me in for an induction on Monday morning if I don't go myself over the weekend but she reckons I won't last that long :) will keep you updated!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

i hope you go yourself October over the weekend but just think your going to have your little baby soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Having my waters broken tomorrow morning ladies so hopefully will be in the mammy club by tomorrow night! eek:eek:

• Advertisement

ah October that's brilliant news, hope its the start of something for you x

theg81der Thats fantastic, i'd say you are delighted. The end is in sight! :-)
    october hopefully things will get moving for u x x

That's fantastic news the g81der Yey!! October delighted you were favourable for the sweep and those pains sound very promising :-)
    ive been getting sharp pains now since about half 5, rang the mat and they told me to take paracetemol and come in if they get too bad or if i get the pains every 3 mins and the pain lasts for a minute. :-D

ah Yey! Pushkii Thats great! Are the pains v bad?? I'm always kind of wondering if early labour pains u could pass off as normal niggles then they come on bad or how it goes :-D

Gee_G wrote: »
    ah Yey! Pushkii Thats great! Are the pains v bad?? I'm always kind of wondering if early labour pains u could pass off as normal niggles then they come on bad or how it goes :-D

yeah i often wonder that too, am i or not in labour, there should be a warning sign or am alarm or something to tell us that it started haha :-)

Well they are like sharp shooting pains in my cervix i think, i did drink an awful lot of raspberry tea today! Getting pains down my legs too, they are coming on and off. Painful but manageable.
    I hope its not my mind playing tricks on me :-P

honest to god, i stick to my original idea that ya should get a memo to let ya know :-)
    its official, i have elephant feet!!!

elephant feet i have tree trunks for legs, this heat doing no favours :-( after mam left today i had to get into the shower my clothes were stuck to me,

now to eat a pineapple :-)

aw its a joke betsie, i'm puffing and panting my way around the place all day. Had to lie down while ago and put up my feet cos i felt like they were actually gonna explode!! Seriously, don't think my skin can stretch much more anywhere on my body!

I ate pineapple today but then i read Thst's it would take about 7 of em to get things started!!!

• Advertisement

there is no way you could eat 7 together ah well the 1 i eat today will have to do me, not doing any harm anyway i suppose :-)

jesus if u ate 7 of them ya wouldn't be able to move from the toilet to have the baby!!
    Must buy a few tomorrow!

I know i could barely eat half a one today!! My mouth is still stinging from the one yesterday :-( i wonder if there's things happening with October?!

i know it would be great if there was something happening, kin hasn't been back either :-)

Ya actually kin hasn't been on in ages i bet she'll have some news for us :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Hi Girls, missed a day on here and loads of news eh, congrats ssfg and mink, what wonderful news, things are happening for some of us now, nothing happening here, happy due date to me!!!! But dont think my little man will make an appearance today, had gp yesterday he said head is engaged so I asked him does he think if on monday at hospital appt will I get sweep and he thinks not!!! They might leave me for another week, only get sweep if absolutely necessary and they want to rush things along, even though I will be 40+4, oh well, have to see what happens I suppose.

Im a bit on a downer now that the 9th has come and nearly gone with no news!!!!

I often wonder too how will I know when labour starts, what will the pains be like and when should I go into the hospital, great to get some insights on here.

u still getting pains pushkii??

Im sure the Dr will check you though next week in the hospital rose,

Happy due date rose :-) you never know head is engaged that's definitely a good sign. That's weird that he said they probably wouldn't do a sweep next week! Surely if your favourable and want it they would give you one ?!!
    I guess different drs and hospitals have different policies . You should ask for one anyway if you want it.
    Im so exhausted and the pains have eased off now, think ill try get some sleep. Hope everyone sleeps well x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Sleep well everyone, hope we all have news soon. get some rest pushki, you might be pushing soon by the sounds of it.xxx

Advertisement