Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

They always make me want to pee even if I've literally just gone to the loo!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

When do you have to call the midwife? Lol contraptions!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Sounds good Mink!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

sounds very promising mink :) would be lovely if he shared your mams birthday x

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Yay mink it sounds promising! Thinking of you :)

• Advertisement

pushkii wrote: »
    When do you have to call the midwife? Lol contraptions!!

Well I texted her re the bloody show and we're seeing how I progress today and she might come later to check me out depending on what happens.

Diarrhea has started, should really have reconsidered eating those jalapenos yesterday

Woo hoo! Its about time the babies made their debut :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Oooooh Mink so exciting!!! Hope you're on your way :)
    Betsie glad you enjoyed the wedding!
    Pushki the carpet cleaner obsession definitely is a good sign! And you know know what, if you do get it I guarantee you will never get to use it. My famous bottle of Gaviscon that I "needed" to get that night sat in my handbag while I was in hospital and is now sitting unopened in the kitchen press and will probably never get opened! You had me laughing :D
    I really feel for everyone with the signs thing. Everyone had me so wound up about twins coming early that I was convinced from about 27 weeks that something was happening every time I had a pain or an ache or went to the loo and it's so annoying! Then when it did happen I nearly had a heart attack!!!
    The boys are doing great. Can't believe they will be two weeks tomorrow! They are on to bottle feeds every other feed and taking about 50mls each yesterday and today. They've started putting on a wee bit of weight too so they're going the right way. It's exhausting though because we are running to the hospital twice a day and then getting home and trying to do other stuff and hubbie going to work, whereas at least when they get home even though it will be full on we won't be running to the hospital and can rest when they rest and fit the other stuff around their home routine. Dying to get them home now but we know they are in the right place for another couple of weeks. I keep saying two weeks every day because some day I'll go in and they will say the boys can go home next week and I'll not have built myself up for any sooner. Still hard though :(
    Aw thinking away about ye all everyday. I'm not getting on this as much as I had been with all the running and I'm missing checking in every day x

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Mink wrote: »
    I don't think I can call them contractions (or contraptions as my mil says). They are like intense braxton hicks with period pains at the same time. Maybe that is a contraction haha. Anyway it's irregular and far apart so nothing to shake a stick at yet

Its so exciting!! Im jealous to say the least .

evening everyone, hope we all had a good day :-)

i have been feeling like i would a few days before my period, really crampy and miserable, for the last couple of hours,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Mink I would say you are well on the way, good luck, would be lovely if they arrived on the 7th for your mams birthday, she will be with you every step of the way no doubt.
    Betsie, i had been feeling like you for past four days and today i have had so much energy and in great form, nesting big time and getting things double checked, as someone said in an earlier post I think this is a sign.

Everything is a sign at this stage!!!!

New look, glad your boys are doing well, bless them, they are in the right place for now. xx

Im so wide awake today, havent even had a snooze, feeling very excited now.

Im the opposite though, have no energy what so ever, as you said everything is a sign, :-)

Contractions have been between 2 and 5 mins for past few hours and my waters went about 1/2hr ago. OH is filling up the birthing pool!

It was gas with the waters going, thank god I'd put on a maternity pad about 10 mins before & was sitting on a maternity mat, never knew so much fluid could come out!

Don't think I'll be posting much now!

ah mink that's brilliant, best of luck tonight x ill be thinking of you , can't wait to hear the news x

Mink im delighted for you hope you have a lovely experience x
    New look you are so right about the carpet cleaner i haven't even gone near it. Im so happy that the boys are putting on the weight it must be tough going to and from hospital every day but it will all be worth it when they'll be home. You won't know yourself :-)
    Betsie when are you back for an app. Those cramps sound promising:-)
    Rose im so jealous of you having so much energy and you are so right everything seems like a "sign".
    I was so exhausted today i went for a "nap" at 4 and only woke now!! I have my mat app tomorrow and im actually looking forward to it for once i hope they tell me babys head is becoming engaged or something.
    I am kinda worried about when i go in to labour as my mother will be working a good bit and i really want her to be there when baby is born otherwise ill be going alone :-(

Mink that's fantastic news, delighted for you! Hope you get the home birth you want and that everything goes smoothly. Can't wait to hear your news!

Pushkii good luck with the appointment tomorrow. Try not to worry about whether your mam can be at the birth or not, I'm sure things will work out ok. And even if you do end up doing it alone- you've proved how strong you are with everything over the last few months so I'm sure you'll cope really well if it comes to that xxx

Had a bit of a breakdown earlier, was so tired and fed up :( felt a bit better after a good cry, then had a nice night of pampering with all the lovely bath stuff I got as presents and a lovely scented candle and relaxing music. And my sister went out and got me some chocolate bless her :) Feel much better now. I'll make the most of this freedom while I can!

Thanks October :-)
    it must be really frustrating for you no wonder you got a bit emotional but nothing a bit of pampering and choccies will sort out ;-)

Exactly :) Although I'll probably be crying again in an hour or so, such a hormonal mess at the moment haha :rolleyes: I swear, I had myself convinced I was going to defy nature and be the first woman ever to be permanently pregnant...still not 100% convinced I won't be! :p

Ha ha you never know all those hormones might be your body getting in gear :-) are you back at the hospital this week?

I'm back Thursday morning, hoping I go before then though. The doctor said they'll definitely give me a sweep this time anyway, was disappointed I didn't get one last week as the midwife said they would do one. Kind of dreading going in on Thursday as the outpatients department is just chaos. Not used to it as I was attending a community midwives clinic throughout the pregnancy and its so much less hassle and waiting! How much longer do you have left again pushkii, you're due around the middle of the month aren't ya?

• Advertisement

Ya October, the 16th. Thought i was getting signs all weekend like getting sick impossible to walk and things but i think it was just stress really. Since i changed my number i feel so much more at peace. Seeing better and not having nightmares. I do feel baby has dropped a tiny bit but id say i won't go for a while yet.
    Does the baby feel like its going to drop out of you still? Did you try tishandys squatting tip a few days back?

Aah. Im up so early again :-( woke up twice to get sick last night. Was scary what if i didn't wake i would have choked!! I think i have a sort of stomach bug or something

ah pushki you poor thing, hope your feeling better x say it to the doc today, hope the appointment goes well for you too x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

i am finally back in action girls, just got back online :-)
    betsie, how ru feeling today? Any better?
    Pushkii, hope ur app goes well today and ur feeling better too.
    Mink, hope everything went well for you xx
    october, ya need a bit of a blow out like that every now and then, only so much we can take without it getting to us. Xx

Welcome back GeeG :)

Yeah pushkii I tried the squats, unfortunately doesn't seem to have helped, found it very tough on my knees too. Hope you're feeling better now xxx

welcome back gee g :-) no still a bit crampy this morning, Im just heading into the nurse to get my bp checked, hope its ok

Welcome back gee g! Anything stirring with you? Yuck i really don't feel like going into the mat today, stomach in bits :(
    Hope you feel better soon Betsie you are right to go to see the nurse too, she might be able to tell you if babys head is starting to engage yet!
    how are you feeling October?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

hopefully it has stayed same for ya betsie, and hopefully cramps come to something. They should send a memo or something to actually let ya know when your in labour :-) it'd be handy, at least ya'd know you are feeling so crap for a reason :-)
    Ye don't think i'd be fit for squats, even getting off the couch hurts my knees! I'm like an aul one!
    No, nothing stirring pushkii! Unfortunately!
    Try sipping some sparkling water or something like that to see will it settle u a bit, worked for morning sickness for me!

well bp was ok, as for the cramping i was just told they might or might not be something, i love the way they can't tell you anything :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

hello everyone,

Hope everyone is in good form today.

I woke this morning not feeling the greatest, now having cramping in the bottom of my back as if i were getting my period. Prob a thing of nothing but i think we all wonder at any little pain is this the start of it.

Advertisement