Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

If you guys all start to pop before me I`m going to screeeeeaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

excited that could be the start of something.. Fingers crossed :-)
    theg81der, there's no fear of me going before u anyway i don't think, as i said before any pains and niggles i was getting have totally stopped so i feel i will be waiting for due date or after it!!
    Betsie and pushkii, hope all went well at app's!
    God its great being back in the land of the living with my broadband back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

excited thats the same way im feeling doc just said it could or couldn't be the start of something :(

theg81der i hope something happens soon, have you any appointments or anything this week ??

Gee G i bet you dont know yourself with the net back, its funny how much we rely on it :)

my sister just came up to see me from wexford today, had a nice chat and lunch, she brought me up a lovely set of all bubble baths and creams and some make up and stuff cant wait for oh to come home to have a bath later :)

excited thats the same way im feeling doc just said it could or couldn't be the start of something :(

theg81der i hope something happens soon, have you any appointments or anything this week ??

Gee G i bet you dont know yourself with the net back, its funny how much we rely on it :)

my sister just came up to see me from wexford today, had a nice chat and lunch, she brought me up a lovely set of all bubble baths and creams and some make up and stuff cant wait for oh to come home to have a bath later :)

did they tel u when they will bring you in if you don't go yourself betsie?
    I'm just so peed off today, the last few weeks have gone so slow. For months it flew and now that i'm feeling crap it just seems to be dragging! IM DONE! And i'm not even overdue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Hi girls, well was at the mat and the head is well engaged and he said my cervix is ripe as he gave me a surprise sweep :eek:
    i am shocked to say the least! was sent home and dont know what to expect!!

omg pushkii, how are ya feeling?? Is it sore or anything getting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Oooooooh Pushki so exciting! Hope all goes good for you now :)
    Wonder how Mink is getting on!
    Boys doing great, could be home next week!!! Hopefully ours will be coming home along with a few more August babies :D

ah newlook Thats great, i'd say you are just mad to get them home the little pets.
    They are gonna be so much fun! At least you can get into a bit of routine then.
    How are you feeling yourself after it all??

It was uncomfortable and i bled afterwards. Im feeling a small bit crampy but ok :-)
    new look im delighted the boys will be home soon you must be over the moon!!
    I can't wait to hear back from mink :-)

• Advertisement

all i know Gee G is i have another appointment thursday next week in the hospital if nothing has happened before then, i dont know what to expect at that appointment. i just have enough now, i am having a spicy curry for dinner tonight, and hoping the oh is up for some even though i dont really feel up for it, i have to do something. im starting to craic up now :(

wow pushkii, baby pushkii could be here soon so :):) how was the sweep? did it hurt ? ah so exciting :)

new look thats brilliant news about the boys, are they feeding well now ? bet you cant wait to get them home and get into a normal routine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Betsie I`m gettin sweep Thursday so hopefully if nothin has happened by then it`ll start me.

oh i hope it does, how over are you ?

does it make you feel crampy anyway pushkii or is it a sign of things to come?? Didn't think they would do that really til closer to the date but bring it on :-)
    aw betsie, i'd say you are fed up alright. A good hot curry is right. Is the pineapple any addition does anyone know?? I know we all spoke about it before but just wondering does anyone actually know. Ah i'd say your oh will happily sacrifice himself for a while betsie ha ha.

i have eaten the pinapple and nothing :(

i just guess everyone is different

aw hopefully soon.go and have your nice bath when your oh gets home, give yourself a nice relaxing evening with all your new smelly's :-) and hopefully you'll feel better after it x x x and if not, you'll be nice and relaxed anyway :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Pineapple, curry, sex, hot bath, nipple stimulation, bouncy ball, long walks- tried em all, and NOTHING :mad: No harm trying though GeeG!

Wow pushkii sounds like baby pushkii could well be here before the 16th woo!! So exciting for you :)

Ooo betsie definitely make use of all the lovely bath stuff your sister got you, I did that last night and felt like a completely different person, worked wonders! I also recommend some nice candles, relaxing music and of course chocolate :D glass of vino wouldn't have gone amiss either but unfortunately will have to wait!

New look- delighted for you, the boys are doing so well!

I wonder how mink is getting on? :)

tried them all too and nothing either, caster oil is another i was told to try too but i really dont think i could yuk :(

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Yeah I've heard it gives you really really awful diarrhoea...can you imagine going into labour with that oh god!! :eek:

heard mixed reports bout the oil, a lot of people said steer clear of it so i might just. Labour wil be enough to deal with without that ha ha.

• Advertisement

def staying away from it so haha, will have enough to be dealing with haha :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Gee gee and betsie I would be scared to take the castor oil, Doesnt it make you nauseous too?

Pushki, I can't believe they gave you the sweep early, What did it involve? I want one too:)

Went to doc today, he said baby has turned, no longer breech but head not engaged. he said she is not a small baby contrary to what the said in the hospital.

Job interview tmr and I could not be bothered to prepare a thing, I will just wing it and hope for the best, God knows what i will wear:rolleyes:

Jesus I am so desperate I may even try the castor oil .

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Can I just say that I keep driving myself mad thinking Im starting contractions and all it ever turns out to be is trapped wind, I am farting like a fog horn .:P

Oh my god Tishandy i can't believe your baby turned and they were working you all along saying the baby was small!! They kept on saying that to me too ! I don't think they should be worring us like that we have enough to deal with!

I was feeling sharp pains down below before i went in, he did a scan said the head was well down and brought in a nurse to "examine"me . I can't member if he used a speculum but proceeded to put a finger in and "swept" my cervix !! I didn't know he was going to do that!!! It did hurt a little but i was so shocked i didn't notice. He said the cervix was ripe and i should go into labour in a few days!

I am kinda getting sharp pains down there on and off but nothing else really.

Have the bags packed and in the car ready to go but i really don't know what to expect. I guess i should get sleep while i can?!

Betsie, Oct gee g i really hope things start for ye soon xx

best of luck in your job interview Tishandy x

no i won't be taking it anyway, just had a lovely curry fingers crossed haha :-)

tishandy best of luck with the interview tomorrow, hope it goes well for you, its tough finding something to wear at this stage, Im nearly grown out of my clothes :-(

pushki i hope things start for you now wouldn't it be great, our August babys are slow to come :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

anyone else getting pains in their back? mine seem to me more to one side. still have till the end of the month to go so im not hopefull it may progress.

Have a longing on me for a curry even though ive just had my dinner :)

ya betsie it would be so good if i went in the next few days as my mother is off work, fingers crossed! Lets get the August babies moving!!:D
    Just read up on the sweeps they are not always sucessful and to get one at
    38+6 is not very common, Dont know what is going on with my cervix!

Excited you should go for the curry you never know! I had that same kinda pain all at the side of my bump about 2 weeks ago, it was so painful :( Hot water bottles are great:)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

i think im going to order one later :) here's hoping a hot shower will help, and might try the hot water bottle then. pain just on the left side of my back its not constantly there, coming and going every few minutes. baby moving as normal, bump not tight or anything no other signs.

I hope you go in the next few days pushkii especially when you mam has a few days off work. how are you feeling now?

• Advertisement

god that would be great pushki with your mam being off work for a few days

try the hot water bottle they are great help, get a curry, i enjoyed my one, oh found it too hot, i didn't even notice haha :-)

Advertisement