Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

jesus ssfg, lots of chillies, you'll be feeling the heartburn if nothing else ha ha.
    Hopefully rose, be good to get the ball rolling.
    Is anyone else getting v sore in their joints?? My hands are v sore and my knees, feel like an aul one!!
    Betsie i know its effort but you'll feel lovely all done up for tomor :-)
    sat all morn waiting for broadband engineer, said held be here between 8-30 and 12.30... 1 o clock came and got a call to say he wasn't coming!by jasus was the fella on the phone lucky that i was in an ok mood ha ha. So nobody comin til tues!
    Theg81der, good for u sleeping well! As for pizza lady, kick her ass!! I am just avoiding anyone from the outside world for last few days, people jus feel the need to talk to u as ur pregnant n i jus feel like being an intravert for a while ha ha x

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Yes Geeg i totally know what you mean about wanting to be by ourselves at the moment :-) i don't want to leave the house or talk to anyone. I just can't wait for the evenings to get dark now so i can just curl up with myself and bump :-D:-D

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Gee_G wrote: »
    jesus ssfg, lots of chillies, you'll be feeling the heartburn if nothing else ha ha.
    Is anyone else getting v sore in their joints?? My hands are v sore and my knees, feel like an aul one!!
    sat all morn waiting for broadband engineer, said held be here between 8-30 and 12.30... 1 o clock came and got a call to say he wasn't coming!by jasus was the fella on the phone lucky that i was in an ok mood ha ha. So nobody comin til tues!
    Theg81der, good for u sleeping well! As for pizza lady, kick her ass!! I am just avoiding anyone from the outside world for last few days, people jus feel the need to talk to u as ur pregnant n i jus feel like being an intravert for a while ha ha x

My fingers are aching I can hardly clench them into a fist, not that i want to :D but yes sore and have been for past 6 weeks, think it could be fluid not sure.
    And as for feeling I may be starting something I suddenly feel semi ok again, OMG:mad:.I thought i was going to collapse out shopping today, I honestly thought is this it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Off to bed soon, only sleep for a few hours and then awake in the wee hours with one hundred million things going through my head. Now im worried about babys first outfit will it be too small, should I pack ten million more to add to the ten million i have already in the bag. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Yes to the sore hand, feet, knees, chest bones etc said it to doc and he didn`t think it was normal d`uh obviously is if I`m not the only one who has it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Minxy Moo

Ya I've had sore joints in my fingers to the past few weeks. It's so strange how pregnancy affects some parts of the body!
    A pizza lady commenting on ur bump!!! Don't you love how everyone has to have an opinion. Seriously!
    Im tired and grumpy today, having major highs and lows. Some days feel like today is the day and babs is definitely coming. The following day I wanna climb under a rock and not see any one other then my husband cos I'm convinced babs will never come.
    I know people mean well and are just excited for us, but I did leave my phone off today I just don't have the energy for all the texts.
    I was out shopping on the high st today and I swear people were staring at my bump as I walked past them, god I sound so paranoid. Fingers crossed I'll have a more positive day tomorrow.
    Mink- ur in such a good frame of mind. Think I need to take a leaf out of ur book and stop with the self pity :)

You are dead right minxy moo to turn your phone off give you peace and quiet for the day. The di81er sore chest bones Eek!! I am actually getting pains in my shins, don't know what that's about?! I completely understand rose about worrying about the first clothes id go with packing another million outfits :-D
    im starting to get paranoid about people looking at bump too!! Might venture out tomorrow cant see myself lasting long though!
    Is anyone glad that the weather is so miserable? I feel less guilt about my semi hibernation. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

I feel like a hermit too, Himself wanted to treat me to dinner on Sunday but I just cant face making a big deal going out, no clothes to wear and waddling like a penguin, so he is bringing me for a fancy breakfast instead :) so sweet.

I am totally feeling like people are staring at me, just feck off its usually middle aged men.

Had to get an antibiotic today for a cough and sore throat that wont shift. Doctor was like "Take this prescription as a backup but for next few days take only paracetomal and honey and glycerine, also use a steam bowl to ease your throat"

When I got home it was far from boiling kettles and putting my head over steam I felt like , the cough was tearing the ribs out of me so started on the antibiotic and the glycerine and honey.
    I am feeling tired enough without being ill aswell.I also realised a couple of days ago that all these months I have been using my pregnancy pillow the wrong way:o saw a pic of one online and I was like "Hmm that looks more comfortable."

Oh my god Tishandy that's mad about the pillow! You are better off taking the antibiotic you want to be in the best of health before baby arrives. Is your bub still breech?
    Yuck !!middle aged men staring at you! :-(

I can't believe it i had almost 8 hrs sleep only waking to go to the loo twice :-)

• Advertisement

Pushki I think they are staring at my now huge breasticles which have a life of their own when I walk anywhere:p

Baby still breach , feeling a lot less movement these days (but still more than 10) makes me nervous, just the last hurdle we need to get over now.

Lol dirty old pervs!! Ya im not feeling as muchmovement either i think baby is sleeping a lot apart from now i can feel her hiccuping :-) it was fate so Tishandy that you are booked in for a section:-)
    Did you go to the breastfeeding class on Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

morning everyone just got the hair done for the wedding, all that's left to do now is put on the clothes, lets pray the clothes still fit me, haven't worn them since the last wedding, feet are so swollen so all that will fit me now is my flats but at this stage i don't really care :-)

thank god Im not the only one with pains in my hands :-)

Betsie im sure you'll have a great time at the wedding, i would no more go near a hairdresser at this stage fair play to you! Did you manage a good night sleep? x

no only about 3hours sleep but ill be grand :-) the hair dresser is my sister in law went to her house so i don't mind that really

Aww only 3 hrs hope you can relax for the day or even sneak in a little nap :-D that's not too bad you didn't have to go to the hairdresser though.

Betsie fair play to you for getting up so early to get the hair done. Defo wear the flats, the thought of a high heel at this stage makes my ankles swell just thinking about it.

Pushki it was fate about the section wasnt it, between the low placenta, 3rd degree tear and breech it was meant to be. At least I know I will have her in next two weeks I would not be able to go two weeks overdue that would be 5 weeks from now:eek:

I have a little tip for all of u overdue. I was told to do this by a lady who did it with her three babies and went into labour.
    I was overdue on my daughter ,did it and labour started that night.

Squats, hold onto a radiator or something sturdy like a counter top. spread your legs and squat as low to the ground as you can , using your knees bounce upward and down in a kind of rocking motion. then stand up and do it all over again.
    sounds simple but worked for me, do it gently though u dont want to stress out the baby.

oh god it will be the flats no doubt about it, ankles are even swollen this morning after a night in bed so heals are a no go :)

might give that a go tishandy :) tomorrow though i dont want to be centre of attention at the wedding haha

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Betsie hope you have a lovely time at the wedding! Tishandy hope you feel better soon you poor thing. Will definitely be trying the squats, the hot curry and hot sex hasn't worked so far for me so willing to try anything at this stage!
    40+1 today....thought I would be really fed up now but am feeling ok about it at the moment, that's liable to change very quickly though haha!
    Has anyone any nice plans for the weekend? Its our anniversary tomorrow so will probably go out for a meal (once baby doesn't make an appearance!). Hope everyone got a decent nights sleep :)

Oh October have a great anniversary! Ours is this day next month so lookin forward to it with babs!!

• Advertisement

betsie hope u have a lovely day at the wedding x
    october have a lovely anniversary, ya never know, might be a double celebration :-)
    no plans for the weekend at all, taking it easy. Was just saying to oh last night how times have changed. I used to go mad if i had to work over bank holiday weekend or if i couldn't go out, now i think i'd flip if i had to go out ha ha. i know that'll all change again :-)
    dying all day with those pains right in pelvis. Doctor described it well, like michael flatley dancing on ur cervix ha ha. But jesus they'd lift u out of it if u get one by surprise!!
    Whats the weather like with everyone today? Its depressing ere for the start of august!
    If this posts twice again, my apologies! Phone has a mind of its own!

betsie hope u have a lovely day at the wedding x
    october have a lovely anniversary, ya never know, might be a double celebration :-)
    no plans for the weekend at all, taking it easy. Was just saying to oh last night how times have changed. I used to go mad if i had to work over bank holiday weekend or if i couldn't go out, now i think i'd flip if i had to go out ha ha. i know that'll all change again :-)
    dying all day with those pains right in pelvis. Doctor described it well, like michael flatley dancing on ur cervix ha ha. But jesus they'd lift u out of it if u get one by surprise!!
    Whats the weather like with everyone today? Its depressing ere for the start of august!
    If this posts twice again, my apologies! Phone has a mind of its own!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Glad I'm not the only one who has reduced movements. Still getting enough per the guidelines but yes he's very squashed in there. I think I'm going to have a 9lber!

The squats could be your dance move betsie :-P hope ye are having a great time at the wedding!

Tishandy im so jealous you have a definite date for the baby!! Ill definitely be trying those squats if i go over.

October i hope ye have a very special day tomorrow :-) i think unlike the July thread all the Aug babies will not be on schedule!!

Gee g that Michael flatleyesque dancing on your cervix sounds like torture but a good sign :-)

This morning i had to run to to the toilet to get sick suddenly it was so strange, that never happened before! Im actually feeling good today like im not pregnant at all its weird!

Opened up the sterilizer and bottles today. Oh my god the amount of plastic wrapped around every single thing. You wouldn't want to be doing that in a rush. Nearly finished knitting my baby blankets. Just have to give the carpet a good clean put up some shelves and do a bit of rearranging and the nest should be ready :-) i haven't even started on the bathroom yet.!!

When i was in tesco today i was obsessed with finding the right carpet cleaner and even though my mother insisted it was waste of money i just had to get it... Reminds me about new looks obs toession with her bottle of gaviscon!!

pushkii wrote: »
    Im actually feeling good today like im not pregnant at all its weird!

So glad to hear you say this pushkii I rang the mw, like the loony nervous reck i`ve become, to see if this is normal. Don`t feel pregnant since Monday keep forgettin. She was no help told me she never heard of such a thing!

So glad to hear you say this pushkii I rang the mw, like the loony nervous reck i`ve become, to see if this is normal. Don`t feel pregnant since Monday keep forgettin. She was no help told me she never heard of such a thing![/Quote]
    ha ha that's funny she said she never heard of such a thing,,, my mother reckons its a sign!!
    I won't hold my breath though.
    :-( how overdue are you now?

4 days

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

There are good days and bad days, yesterday I was convinced baby was going to make an apperance before due date on the 9th, well today I feel ok and now not so sure think im going to go overdue, im absolutely obsessed with how im getting to the hospital, had to re-iterate my plans again with himself, so phone is in pocket all the time at work and you can leave etc etc, I think im going mad!!!!! (he so bad with phone!!!), and think im goin to go through the labor on my own, I feel better doing it without a fuss, hate the way the hospital always go on about having a support partner, they cant push for me or handle the pain, i dont see the point. rant over.

Hope ye all have a great weekend, thunder and lightening here in the west. whatever next!!!

theg81der wrote: »
    4 days
    Would they offer you a sweep or induction next week do you think theg81Der?

• Advertisement

Getting a sweep this week but tmi -given the diarhea (sp?) I have today hopefully things are moving!

Advertisement