Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Hi girls!
    Aw I'm here reading through the posts totally feeling the impatience for everyone! I was impatient as hell at 34 weeks and was about to go and beg the doctor to do something!!! I feel like a bit of a cheat seeing as mine arrived already but I know there will be news for ye soon xxx
    Pushki and Belfastmedic ye are doing so well. It's all about you and your wee baby and that's the priority xxx
    Welcome to the overdue July mammies! August is a very nice month (Tell that to my two though!!!)
    The boys are doing really well. Taking more feeds through bottles but still using tube feeds too to make sure they are getting enough and getting their weights up. Had a bad day yesterday, bawled at everything!!! And it all started because I tried to do an online shopping with Tesco!!! Who knew that some dude in Tesco's technical support team could cause hormonal floodgates to open!!! The poor man! I'm ok today although I have to remember that I am not superwoman and just because I am not yet running after two babies and don't feel too sore that I can't be doing laundry and tidying the house! Hmmmm!
    Anyway, hoping for news soon ladies and hope ye are all ok. Thinking away about everyone on this thread xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

girls i am flipping out here with no internet!! Engineer coming out in morn so hoping to be back in action after that!
    How is everyone feeling? I will proper catch up of everyone's posts when i get online properly tomorrow. Any movement from anyone yet?? All the pains n pressure n symptoms and what not that i was having have all disappeared so i've resorted to the fact that i won't be going early. Even tho i've two weeks left i already feel like i'm going to crack. Had to go back on the iron tabs as i am exhausted, took my first one today and already crippled with heartburn :-(
    cleaning again today out of pure bloody boredom, sick of it all! Jesus i'm such a moan :-)

girls i am flipping out here with no internet!! Engineer coming out in morn so hoping to be back in action after that!
    How is everyone feeling? I will proper catch up of everyone's posts when i get online properly tomorrow. Any movement from anyone yet?? All the pains n pressure n symptoms and what not that i was having have all disappeared so i've resorted to the fact that i won't be going early. Even tho i've two weeks left i already feel like i'm going to crack. Had to go back on the iron tabs as i am exhausted, took my first one today and already crippled with heartburn :-(
    cleaning again today out of pure bloody boredom, sick of it all! Jesus i'm such a moan :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Hi girls its great to hear from ye !!:-) Kinori don't be gone too long!!
    New look im so happy you and the boys are doing so well! Apart from the tesco incident which made me lol :-) do you get to spend most of the day with them?have they given you any indication when they'll be coming home?
    Gee g i can't believe your symptoms have all but disappeared ! Thought things were happening for you, never know what the weekend will bring :-) i am so tired today. I feel good about things though got a lot of things sorted this week so my mind is more at ease. From now on all i want to focus on is the baby:-)
    Hope everyone is keeping well today x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

evening ladies, well had my hospital appointment this morning and was basically told that i won't be going anywhere any time soon :-( baby is still high and way to comfortable :-(

time to do lots more bouncing i think and maybe some dancing sat night,

October glad you had a good time at the wedding, fair play for lasting so long in the wedges, i don't even know will i manage to put mind on, might be my flats all day id say haha :-)

kin enjoy your few days at home

gee g i hope you get your internet sorted soon

new look delighted the boys are doing so well x

hope everyone is keeping well x

Aw betsie are you disappointed? At least you will be able to go to the wedding at the weekend and the dancing and car might get things moving for you :-) when are you back at the hospital?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Betsie did they say how far down babs is? I`m 4/5 to the brim so no where near engaged and people say thats no indication.

no she didn't say, they just said no where near engaged so i dunno but sure nothing i can do really :-( i was a bit upset them i came out but im ok now

It must have been a disappointment betsie but it won't be long now x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

SSFG wrote: »
    October you're due tomorrow as well? I'm getting a sweep next Tues, don't know if anything will happen before then, baby seems way too comfy.
    I'll be disappointed if I don't get one.
    Anyone had the start of texts etc asking stupid 'anything stirring' questions.

I am indeed! Fingers crossed you get your sweep, I was pretty disappointed I didn't get mine but she seemed happy to leave me. I suppose the less intervention the better but am eager to get things going!
    Oh stop, those texts and facebook messages started last week, getting about 4-5 a day now. It's driving me insane! OH had 2 missed calls and a text from a guy he knows but wouldn't know that well at all, more of an acquaitance than a friend, wondering had we had the baby yet. OH told him no and then a few hours later your man posted on OH's facebook asking the same question again...some people are a bit odd, I don't even know the guy!

Ah betsie sorry to hear that, but try not to worry. My GP said the same thing to me last week, but the doc in the hospital today seemed happy enough that baby was nice and low now, so it can happen in a matter of days. Try walking up and down the stairs over and over, I've been doing that the last few days and seems to have helped!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

0ctober wrote: »
    Oh stop, those texts and facebook messages started last week, getting about 4-5 a day now. It's driving me insane! OH had 2 missed calls and a text from a guy he knows but wouldn't know that well at all, more of an acquaitance than a friend, wondering had we had the baby yet. OH told him no and then a few hours later your man posted on OH's facebook asking the same question again...some people are a bit odd, I don't even know the guy!

Stop my fella got a text this evening, I gave out to him for even answering it I told him not to answer people let them off wondering the nosy farts.
    Then he'd a text from his dad asking how I got on at my antenatal appt...hello I told you Sunday I don't have an appt this week, and I told you nothing would happen this week, haven't a notion where he got the idea I'd an appt, my appts are always on Tuesdays anyway!
    Then to top it all off MIL called and just knocked on the door and walked straight in, jesus to say I was raging is an understatement. Said she was wondering if there was anything stirring. She never ever calls here, then all of a sudden she called Sunday and came in to see me even though OH told her I was trying to sleep, stayed for an hour drinking tea and talking crap, then today walks in again, even though we TOLD her we'd let her know if anything happy and I did say I didn't think anything would happen this week and it will prob be Tues before I know anything else. They'd wreck your head, do they really think they are more excited or impatient than the mammy and daddy?!! They won't be getting ANY texts at this rate until after the baby arrives :mad:

So October one doesn't have to have a sweep if they don't need it? I don't think id want anything like that. That's great your baby is nice and low now
    That is so annoying about nosy people !! Im glad in a way that im on my own so i only have to deal with my friends and family. As if id tell anyone if anything was happening anyway!! Well except you girls :-) I want a whole 24 hours just me and baby

my sister has me wore out with text and phone calls, she is the worst 3or4times a day, id love to fecking kill her i know she means well but Feck off

I know close family you wouldn't mind but anyone else ! None of your business!!!! i can definitely see myself turning my phone off if i get hassle. It just adds unnecessary pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I've just resigned myself to fact I'm going to get loads of people contacting me to see if anything happening. I can't tell them to feck off, they mean well. It is irritating though!

OH gave baby a talking to tonight haha! But then he rubbed my belly for ages and felt so nice and seemed to bring on more pains.

Don't want to look at my pregnancy apps as they are bound to be telling me "congratulations" or "now that you are overdue..." feck off.

Yeah you don't have to get sweep (or have any procedure) if you don't want it. I personally don't think sweeps do much anyway.

Good luck to all, ye will prob have your babies before me.

don't look at the apps mink, i have even gotten emails saying congratulations on your new baby etc.

i hope the pains turned into something mink

i fell asleep in the recliner last night and i slept for a good 5hours without waking it was great, don't really know why i didn't think of sleeping there before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Recliner is a good idea. For the last few weeks of her pregnancy my sis went to "bed" sitting upright on the sofa chair and then when she'd wake up to pee at some point in the early hours she'd go up to her actual bed then. I have so many pillows on the bed that I'm practically upright when I'm sleeping.

Finding it very hard not to end up flat on my back though, if I lay on my side in anyway then my thighs go tingly & numb, it's a horrible feeling.

I`m not sleepin so bad cause I`m starting to feel less pregnant or getting use to it or something. So bored no one will let me do anything - I normally shop for 2 people but they won`t let me!!

yeah i think Im going to try sleep there again tonight, we have a wedding tomorrow and would love to get a good ish nights sleep before it,

• Advertisement

I think if anyone asks me if I had the baby yet I'll answer and say 'God yeah I had her last week did you not know?!'

love it must remember that haha :)

its very quite here today, i hope everyone is well x

im here just after putting on tan and doing my nails, god it was some effort,

Had the nails done yesterday, did some downstairs grooming this morning, no idea how it looks I can't see, but it will have to do now.
    Feeling massive pressure at the front of my groin on my bladder but I'd say I won't have any news over the weekend.
    Might try a hot curry for dinner, any suggestions??

hot curry, hot bath and hot sex ssfg haha :)

Hi girls! Hope everyone is well today :-) you never know SSFG you might have some news that pressure sounds like something promising and i second betsies suggestions !! :-)
    Fair play to you betsie for doing your tan i found it so much effort to even wash my hair today! On Monday im officially on maternity leave i can't believe it!!! I really don't know how some people can work up to two weeks before their due date!!
    You looking forward to the wedding betsie? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Hi Girls, haven't been online in a few days, have been getting laptop "serviced", so just catching up on the posts, was expecting to see an arrival or two!!!!! Anyway, i really have been feeling like something is happening since tuesday, can barely walk, have period type cramps and extreme pressure, I must also have started looking like someone thats about to drop as guy in pc shop said "have you long more to go" I said " 1 week" He was like " i knew it!!!, you look nearly there". OK. So I feel like babs head may now be engaged, it wasnt at gp appt on wed but it wasnt far off, but I really feel something has happened, I even retreated away on my own yesterday eve like some animals do to have their young, im irratable and want to be left alone.
    My neighbour had her boy yesterday and she has same name I have picked for my baby, weird or what.Glad to see we are all still the same, on and off pains and uncomfortable!!! Oh and welcome the "due july" mums, ye/we are nearly there!!!
    xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Girls, haven't been online in a few days, have been getting laptop "serviced", so just catching up on the posts, was expecting to see an arrival or two!!!!! Anyway, i really have been feeling like something is happening since tuesday, can barely walk, have period type cramps and extreme pressure, I must also have started looking like someone thats about to drop as guy in pc shop said "have you long more to go" I said " 1 week" He was like " i knew it!!!, you look nearly there". OK. So I feel like babs head may now be engaged, it wasnt at gp appt on wed but it wasnt far off, but I really feel something has happened, I even retreated away on my own yesterday eve like some animals do to have their young, im irratable and want to be left alone.
    My neighbour had her boy yesterday and she has same name I have picked for my baby, weird or what.Glad to see we are all still the same, on and off pains and uncomfortable!!! Oh and welcome the "due july" mums, ye/we are nearly there!!!
    xxxxxxxxxx

Jesus I just burned the mouth off myself with a Thai curry had some chillies as well! :eek: Yikes!

Pizza lady just told me I have a bit longer to wait :mad: not loving her right now.

• Advertisement

Ha Ha, now what would pizza lady know :)now pc guy i would say he knows his stuff:D

Advertisement