Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

javagal wrote: »
    I'm not exclusively doing it.

I feed her in the morning and at night but it's going great, no engorgement, no more sore nipples!!!
    At the hospital I was feeding her colustrum(sp?) and my nipples killed but I'm glad I kept it up somewhat as it's good for her, my weight is falling off and we get plenty of bonding time!!

Was at my OH's mother's last night and she cried and I leaked like nobody's business whilst sitting beside his dad, so breastpads always when your milk comes !

Its great to see you are getting on well with it:) Must be a fantastic way to bond with her alright. Does the milk come in all of a sudden!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

pushkii wrote: »
    Its great to see you are getting on well with it:) Must be a fantastic way to bond with her alright. Does the milk come in all of a sudden!!?

Yep, was sitting up on the couch when I got home and *drip, drip, drip*

But my boobs were like rocks for 2 days before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

did you find that the baby was hungry before the milk came in ? im worried that baby wont be getting enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

did you find that the baby was hungry before the milk came in ? im worried that baby wont be getting enough

I was topping her up with aptimel, which is what I feed her now at home during the day- I just wanted to make sure she was getting all the colustrum because it's where all the goodness is.

Z is a hungry baby so she could bf for over and hour and then drink 3ozs half hour later. She's putting on weight so its working for us so far.

The midwives will try push you to just do the bfing exclusively so don't be afraid to tell them your topping babs up.

I had one right moo who was trying to get me to stay another day so I could do one day of exclusive feeds, pretty much told her to mind her bees wax and went home.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

Went to my solicitor, i knew i would get upset :(

It just shows, even tho we hate them there is still alot of feelings there, feck it anyway :(

• Advertisement

javagal wrote: »

I was topping her up with aptimel, which is what I feed her now at home during the day- I just wanted to make sure she was getting all the colustrum because it's where all the goodness is.

Z is a hungry baby so she could bf for over and hour and then drink 3ozs half hour later. She's putting on weight so its working for us so far.

The midwives will try push you to just do the bfing exclusively so don't be afraid to tell them your topping babs up.

I had one right moo who was trying to get me to stay another day so I could do one day of exclusive feeds, pretty much told her to mind her bees wax and went home.

Im the same, i want to bf but i also want the option to bottle feed if i feel she needs it.

like you said once she is putting on weight that means its working will just have to see how things go i suppose

belfastmedic , at least its over with now anyway and you below where you stand

Went to my solicitor, i knew i would get upset :(

It just shows, even tho we hate them there is still alot of feelings there, feck it anyway :(

Its really tough i know :-( i guess there would be no baby if there was no feelings to begin with. You will do the right thing for your baby i hope i will too x

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Oh I feel like cack today, very uncomfortable last night but had good nights sleep apart from having to get up 3 times to make gallons of wee.
    Had mild diarrhea today been like that for over a week, dizziness, headaches that paracetomal wont shift and feel weak like when u have the flue. I am just weary now, the end seems so far away, my feet and hands are inflated and fat .
    Anyone else feel like this? Think i will have to root out a hot water bottle for my back and eat a whole nut while watching my recording of Gypsy girls to help me feel better.

Is your bp ok Tishandy? The headaches might be a sign of raised blood pressure.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

No problems girls, like java I had a bit of an ordeal of a labour, but the actually part that I thought would be scary (the pushing part) was the best and felt great because I was finally doing something and progressing, and it was a hell of a lot quicker then I thought, 3 contractions in total, 15 mins with only 5 mins of pushing!
    Milk wise I was upstairs when junior was 4 days old, he cried downstairs while my hub was changing him and I turned into a human fountain. Due to issues I couldn't get a lot of colostrum into junior in the hospital, but I hand expressed what I could and it stood to me as I started pumping yesterday and I was able to give enough for 2 full feeds today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Is your bp ok Tishandy? The headaches might be a sign of raised blood pressure.
    Ya Pushki i got my mothers bp checker today from home and my b.p is normal. I think I am just feeling sorry for myself, hope to wake up tmr refreshed.
    Did you meet with your Ex? I think if you meet him face to face things could get very stressful. I know when fighting my ex over access to my daughter e.t.c it always ended in shouting and stress. try to work out as much over the phone as you can, at least u can hang up if things get heated.
    One piece of advice i would give is not to grant him legal gaurdianship straight away, your baby will need to be with you and he could have access, then when he shows proper commitment over time ye can work out the fine details. Anyway dont be feeling sorry for him, I did at the beginning and gave way too much access nearly 50/50 to my ex, it wasnt good for my daughter being passed around. now he has her a weekend every two weeks and the odd few hours or overnight when he asks.
    Five years on from our breakup and i still have to argue with him today about him paying something toward her school books and uniform:confused:

you should just mention it to doc about all the swelling tishandy just to be sure,

Im back in the hospital in the morning,

i just hope i get some sleep tonight, Feck all sleep last night thought id sleep during the day today but couldn't :-(

Betsie best of luck tomorrow i hope they have some news for you.

thanks pushki i hope so too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Tis funny java and ginny posting in here too!!

Well all you augustgirls seem further along than me!

There is stuff happening (braxton hicks mixed with period pains, forming contractions) but comes and goes. I think I'll be like java with her false starts that drove her to distraction.

Fingers crossed it all heats up tonight, bring on the PAAAIIINNN!

Have the pains been coming all day mink?

mink i hope things move along for you now, who would of thought we would ever be wishing for pain haha :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Room for one more :)?...Babs decided he likes August better and I`m following Mink.

When are your due dates? Know what yis are having?

new look wrote: »
    October- 3rd August, first baby!!

SSFG- 3rd August, first baby! * A girl!*

Betsie- 5th August, 1st baby *a girl!*

New Look- 9th August, C-section, 2nd and 3rd babies, 2 for the price of 1 !! BORN 24TH JULY, EMERGENCY C-SECTION, TWO BOYS :)

Rose- 9th August, first baby *a boy!*

Pushki- 16th August, first baby, *a girl!*

Kiniori- 18th August, third baby!

Gee_G -19th August, first baby!!

Tishandy- 20th August, C-section, 2nd baby, *a girl!*

Laura- 28th August, 2nd baby, *a girl!*

Belfastmedic, 29th August, first baby, *a boy!*

Excited_FTM , 30th August, first baby!!

There's the list there the di81gger ! Welcome :-)

theg81der wrote: »
    Room for one more :)?...Babs decided he likes August better and I`m following Mink.

When are your due dates? Know what yis are having?

welcome along to August :-)

• Advertisement

Have the pains been coming all day mink?

Kinda on and off. Cross between trapped wind pains and period pains. Not much happening past couple hours, fed up now

I wouldn't blame you mink so frustrating but hopefully you'll get some rest tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Minxy Moo

Hi girls, I was due July 29th as well, but little is still in there. Maybe today will be the day???!!! Spent two days in hospital on Monday/tues with contractions. Then they decided to stop Tuesday night, and I've had nothing since, crazy!!

ah minxy moo, that must be hard when you think your getting somewhere and then nothing, hopefully something will happen soon

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Minxy Moo

Thanks Betsie xr3i, I hope it does too. I know exactly how You girls feels about wanting the pain! Never thought I would ever wish that upon myself ;)

Ah minxy moo we didn't have you on our July due date list. I think everything has stopped now for me. Strategy today is loads of housework and two short walks seeing as its not pissing down rain. This Friday I'll be 3 weeks off work, never had that since I was a teenager!

I'm raging as have all my grooming down and for nothing haha

Isn't it amazing how quickly we get used to being off work?! I thought id get so much done but nope ive just turned into a lazy slob :-P managed to get a few hrs sleep last night after making a pillow cocoon for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Hey girls just catching up on the last few pages, been a few days!

Welcome to all the new faces to the August thread, hope things get moving soon for all you July ladies! :)

Just back from the hospital, didn't get my sweep :( kind of disappointed cos I'd been building up to it all week thinking that it would get me going, even though I know its not guarenteed. Doctor said she'd leave it as she reckons I'll go myself within the week as head is engaged and I've been having period pain the last few days. She said she'll do a sweep this day next week if I've still not gone myself. Also baby is about 7lbs at the moment. Nice manageable weight, fingers crossed!

So exhausted today. Fell into bed at 3.30 last night after the wedding, lasted in my wedges til 10pm, was delighted with myself! Had a bit of a dance to try get baby on the move, no luck unfortunately! I swear I feel hungover today, so unfair! :(

I completely agree about bring on the pain, it actually makes me happy when I get pains cos it feels like I'm finally getting somewhere, feel like such a weirdo haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

October you're due tomorrow as well? I'm getting a sweep next Tues, don't know if anything will happen before then, baby seems way too comfy.
    I'll be disappointed if I don't get one.
    Anyone had the start of texts etc asking stupid 'anything stirring' questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Hey Girls,

I won't be on here for a few days, heading up to my home place and no broadband :/ Don't be thinking I am gone in and waiting for news lol

Best of luck to everyone due over the weekend and people who are due already, I hope I have loads to catch up on Sunday night :)

Advertisement