Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

I didn't sleep at all last night, between pains at the side of my bump and so . I took my bp and its quite high, thought i would get away without seeing the Dr this week but ive made an app. Better be safe than sorry i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Try to drink plenty of water Pushki to bring down the swelling from the high B.P
    Let us know how you get on at the Dr.
    I was with my DR yesterday, baby is still breach head up, she said shell be going nowhere at this late stage and prob why I'm getting such sharp jabs and kicks.
    She put my mind at rest r.e the baby being small, said small doesnt mean unhealthy, its prob just the placenta function and as long as I have plenty of movement not to worry. She said increasing my calories will make no difference but plenty of rest will help (sounds good to me)

Just managed to get off my wedding rings my fingers are like jumbo sausages.
    The doc also said hospital leaving me a bit too long for an appt so to come back to her next week .

Girls I have an interview for my dream job next wednesday.
    I applied months ago and just thought I hadnt been selected.
    Its for the L.C.V.E.C as a tutor of beauty and skincare, I am a makeup artist so dont know if its what they are looking for but they saw my qualifications so hope I have a chance.
    I'm wondering if walking in 9 months pregnant will affect my chances. Anyway fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Morning ladies! I had the best sleep last night, thank God! Slept from 11 til about 10 to 1, the time my waters broke last Monday night (weird or what!), went to the loo and slept til about quarter to 8!!! Haven't slept like that in months! I know it will be broken when the boys come home but I feel so rested. Also managed to get a comfy position with regards to the section wound. Had one of those electric beds in hospital that moved up and down so slept pretty much sitting up all last week but when I got home sat and sun night were pretty uncomfortable but think I sorted it last night. Pulled out my big wrap around pillow from pregnancy and put it under the remainder of the bump and between my legs and slept like a log! I forgot that the skin and remainder of bump would pull on the wound a bit which was sore so the support really helped last night. Hopefully that'll help anybody who ends up having a section!
    And yes, the weight thing was worrying me a bit too especially since I was massive, almost 4 stone on. Got on the scales yesterday and announced to hubbie I'd lost 2 stone in a week and how class was I!!! :) The bump is going down day by day so quite happy. Loose clothes for another bit but I'm happy enough so far. Thought I'd look way worse!
    Imagine girls August is tomorrow! We never thought we'd get this far! I can't wait to hear about all the new arrivals! It's so nice keeping in touch isn't it! Sounds like there may be a one or two arrivals by the end of the week!!!
    We called the boys Jake and Luke. They are both out of incubators now so we are over the moon! Still feeding through tubes but as long as they are keeping the feeds down and are coming on then we don't mind. We tried a couple of bottle feeds with them and sometimes they worked and sometimes they didn't and it was really tough to see them put up feeds and not tolerate them but we have to remember that they were early and it will take a little bit longer for them to get used to feeding. They're changing every day though, it's mad watching them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

pushki try and take it easy today x when are you going to the doc?

congratulations on your amazing job interview tishandy, i don't think walking in 9months pregnant will make a difference, if you are ment to get the job you will get it either way, i hope it goes really well for you.

can you believe tomorrow is the 1st of August, our due month is here wow

new look great to hear from you, glad the boys are doing well, please god they will be home soon x glad your sleeping well too, i can't wait to be able to sleep without having to wake up to turn over haha,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Love the names New Look, so jealous of you being able to sleep on your tummy again!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

New look great to hear from you! Lovely names for the boys and it's great to hear how strong they're getting, they'll be tucked up at home in no time :)

Tishandy that's great about the job interview, best of luck with it all x

Had period pain on and off all day yesterday but it's stopped now, baby nearly feels like its going to fall out when it starts moving, really weird feeling! Nothing else really to report on the pregnancy front apart from the usual moans. Had to go through the hospital bag yesterday cos it was so long since I packed it that I'd forgotten what was in there! Just trying to motivate myself to do my tan for the wedding tomorrow....ugh stress of it ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

afternoon ladies
    how are we all? Still not back in action with broadband and having withdrawals ha ha. Newlook they are lovely names, i'd say they are just beautiful! So exciting! Hope u are good x x
    tishandy, best of luck with interview, that is what i am looking for now, a tutor job, qualified last year in it. Am beauty too.
    Excited, welcome to our little group :-) tis great having everyone going through it at same time! All the same pains :-) cant believe its start of august tomorrow girlies.
    Really think this baby is on the way, the last few nights have been convinced that was it. Please god its soon! Cant move, cant breathe, cant sleep. Sorry for rant. Have few days moaning to catch up on :-)

Tishandy, fair play to you ! You are still going for the interview at 9 mths.pregnant ! That is really admirable . I really hope it goes well for you :-)

New look its great to hear from you. I love the names of the boys they are such strong names :-)fantastic news that they are both out of the incubators ! Hopefully they will get better at the feeding and be home soon. Some weight loss too well done :-D

October the thoughts of putting on fake tan :-( hopefully bab will stay put til after the wedding!

Gee g it has been quiet without you on here. Hopefully your broadband will be fixed soon :-)

Well i was just at the Dr. Felt a bit silly going in as she said what can i do for you and i didn't really have anything to say my mind just went blank and i just came out with "i'm having funny dreams" felt so stupid.
    So anyway bp was ok, she had a feel around my bump said my belly was very tight and babys bum is sticking right out hence the pain on one side. She said to put a warm hot water bottle on it. I never thought i could do this so im in bed now giving it a go.
    Head isn't engaged yet so baby isn't coming yet :-)

afternoon ladies
    how are we all? Still not back in action with broadband and having withdrawals ha ha. Newlook they are lovely names, i'd say they are just beautiful! So exciting! Hope u are good x x
    tishandy, best of luck with interview, that is what i am looking for now, a tutor job, qualified last year in it. Am beauty too.
    Excited, welcome to our little group :-) tis great having everyone going through it at same time! All the same pains :-) cant believe its start of august tomorrow girlies.
    Really think this baby is on the way, the last few nights have been convinced that was it. Please god its soon! Cant move, cant breathe, cant sleep. Sorry for rant. Have few days moaning to catch up on :-)

• Advertisement

gee g rant away, thats what this thread is for :) my baby doesnt feel like it will be coming any time soon, she seems too comfortable in there :(

october, best of luck with the tan, thats the one thing that im dreading about doing for saturday, at least i only have to put it on the top as im wearing trousers :)

pushki if its stressing you out too much dont meet up with him until afterwards ???

don't know why my post went up twice at different times there, god dam bloody phone :-)
    every morn i wake up pushkii my bump is over to right, looks hilarious but is also rock hard in one place that i'm convinced its the bum or back, it can get v sore alright. I put the hot water bottle on my back last night and everything relaxed, it was so nice. It was like heat put Babs asleep n stopped it digging in everywhere :-) u should try it too, i am bringing my hot water bottle into the hospital with me i have decided, i think it'll be a god send, especially if have a back labour!
    Still cant believe the first of our babies are here! As someone else said we never thought we'd get here :-)
    Hows the contact with himself goin pushkii?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

No way this brat will be here on time, say she is way too comfy!! I'll be into next week I'd say :(

at least you slept for a few hours pushki, do you the world of good, x

Thanks betsie i just hope ill have a better night tonight but i won't get my hopes up!
    The birth stories thread is amazing really scary though! Not many seem to have good experience with health system though. We will really have to speak up for ourselves!
    Does anyone know if we can put cool packs on our bumps. I feel as though my bump is really hot like sunburned and very tender

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Looks like I'm now due in August!

Don't let the birth stories freak you out. There were/are approx 20 of us on the July thread but there's only maybe 5 stories on the stories thread from us and they were definitely the traumatic ones (but good to see the different scenarios and yes you do need to speak up for yourself), some of the July girls got serious disservice! but there's loads of run of the mill births for July, they just didn't post their story.

... This is what I'm telling myself anyway haha.

We just gotta trust our bodies and go with our instincts and speak up cos the hospitals are so stretched that don't always hear you.

Welcome to the Aug thread mink:-) yes i keep telling myself that however bad the experiences are once baby and mammy are ok that is all that matters:-) do you think that your little one will make an arrival soon mink?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

It's like everything isn't it, we always hear the bad stories. People have to get the bad stories off their chests. I have been there twice and hand on heart I would honestly say it's not that bad.

I slept on the couch last night and I haven't slept better in weeks! I put cushions behind my back so I stayed in the same spot. I woke a couple of times for the loo and a rennie but fell back asleep again straight away :)

welcome to the August thread mink :-)

well its now officially August can you believe it :-)

awful nights sleep only slept am hour and a half, oh has been snoring all night nothing will stop him, Im now sitting up watching a dvd to try drown out the sound, i had been reading :-( never know due might put me back asleep doubt it though,

kin sounds like you had a great sleep, wish i had a comfortable couch to try sleep on id actually try anything now,

we all sound like we are the same so, only getting few hours sleep, think my oh is on edge too n not sleeping right and waking everytime i get up. Just goin to gp now, hopefully bp has managed to stay down. I know, imagine it is august already. Crazy crazy stuff. Scary should i say!:-)
    has everyone their bags at the door ready for off?? :-)
    mink , welcome!!

• Advertisement

Gee g hope you get on well at the Dr. I think we are all on tentherhooks now its officially august!!
    October hope you enjoy the wedding, it might get things started for you.
    Belfast med best of luck today x

bags ready to just grab and go, going to bring them with us to the wedding sat just in case,

im fair sick of not getting enough sleep, and as for tossing and turning i cant even do that, i have an awful pain in my hips and pelvis which makes turning very difficult :(

Gee G hope bp stayed down, hope doc goes well

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Girls for the hosp make sure you bring ear plugs and an eyemask just in case you'e there overnight before labour.A squirty bottle and witch hazel for afterwards, The lucozade isotonic bottles were the best for relief down there, and stick some witch hazel on the pads for comfort. The maternity pads are useless, and the hosp only give you your first few. I found the disgustingly nappy-like Tena Lady Maxi Night the best, they're huge but very very cushioning.
    The wards are seriously warm so make sure your pjs are light enough. I didn't bother with a dressing gown or slippers, comfy flip flops were better.

thanks for all that ginny, never would of thought of am eye mask :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

I'd say bring some wipes for yourself too, if like me your catherer has to stay in (in case your sectioned etc) and you can't shower, it's good to have them nearby to freshen up and feel better.

Also don't bring loads of breastpads, I brought a box and my milk didnt come in till the day after I got home so they just took up lots of unneccesary space!!

Sorry if my birth story freaked anyone.. It was hard at the time but looking back my actual labour labour (ie getting to pushing) was manageable and calm and kind of exciting!!
    Best of luck to ya all x

It really is worth every single second and the build up doesn't dissapoint..

Thanks ginny and java! That's a great idea about putting witch hazel on the pads ginny id never have thought of that! I can see how it can be exciting and scary at one time java any pain or weird sensation i get now im a little excited at !!

pushkii wrote: »
    Thanks ginny and java! That's a great idea about putting witch hazel on the pads ginny id never have thought of that! I can see how it can be exciting and scary at one time java any pain or weird sensation i get now im a little excited at !!

I was like that too! It's too exciting !! But just be mentally prepared to go overdue and anything before is a bonus.I had myself convinced I was going 2 weeks early and was nearly 2 weeks late and was excruiating waiting around!!!

I remember you bouncing on the ball java :-D that is me now although i wouldn't mind going over (bet ill regret saying that!!) I don't feel ready yet! how is the bffeeding going?

pushkii wrote: »
    I remember you bouncing on the ball java :-D that is me now although i wouldn't mind going over (bet ill regret saying that!!) I don't feel ready yet! how is the bffeeding going?

I'm not exclusively doing it.

I feed her in the morning and at night but it's going great, no engorgement, no more sore nipples!!!
    At the hospital I was feeding her colustrum(sp?) and my nipples killed but I'm glad I kept it up somewhat as it's good for her, my weight is falling off and we get plenty of bonding time!!

Was at my OH's mother's last night and she cried and I leaked like nobody's business whilst sitting beside his dad, so breastpads always when your milk comes !

• Advertisement

thanks for all the tips july mammys :) its nice to read stories good and bad, hopefully it wont be too long now till i have a story of my own to tell :)

Advertisement