Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

i was just wondering anyone that knows the gender of their little one, does it match what the chinese pregnancy calander predicts?

Hi and welcome excited, my sis is big into astrology and of course the chinese pregnancy calender predicted id have a boy, so when we found out sure enough im expecting a boy, my sis was like told you so!!!! what does it predict for you, have had my little boys gender confirmed 3 times, because now i know its a boy i feel i know him already and of course i still get people saying you look like you are expecting a girl, well im not ha ha:)

Tishandy my thoughts and prayers are with your family, your poor little nephew. xxx

Im so emotional I just can't get enough of himself, met him briefly this eve as he is off welding for the night and climbing croagh patrick early in the morning, yearly tradition, and I just wanted to jump on him, I want to just sit on his knee and cry for some strange reason and for him to tell me everything will be ok, hormones or what.

Glad all went well for you at solicitors pushki, havent been on since wednesday, find it hard to type on my phone and my laptop is kinda playing up, think it needs a service.

Had a gp appt fri, head is still down, but not engaged, after reading new looks news, i just cant wait now, scared but more excited!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Congrats New Look, any names picked? They are fine size babies!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

I was wondering if you had any news too Rose as you hadn't been on!! Great you got on at the dr. Are you enjoying your mat leave? :)

I'm so excited the August babies are arriving, I was a little down today but New Looks news cheered me right up :D

Come to think about it Laura hasn't been on in a while either....

I wonder who's going to be next.. my money is on October!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

gee g hasn't been on in a few days either :-)

• Advertisement

Im really enjoying my maternity leave, would be even better if I had my little man to look after, i think he is far to comfortable in there. I was thinking I might go before my due date and now Im thinking I won't I will be overdue, I think my bump looks high again I thought I looked lower about two weeks ago. I think its nearly bed time, I know its awful early but I'm usually awake so early in the morning I just haven't had a full nights sleep since last november.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Hi rose, just looked at 2 websites earlier today one said boy and the other said girl. i think its a girl, but i think thats because everyone else is thinking a boy. we both dont mind either way.

I know rose early night for me too! We'll need all the sleep we can get now. Your bub will be along soon enough :-)
    Have ye got all neutral stuff excited?
    I know betsie! Gee g is usually on as much as us!!!

i think go with your instinct, but as long as our babies are all healthy thats the main thing, its my birthday monday, wouldn't it be great if he made an appearance on the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But i think he will be an august baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

yeah all neutral for now, kind of packed my hospital bag today. need to get a few more bits. anyone any tips for packing the bag? looking forward to seeing a bit of colour in the babys wardrobe in a few weeks.

• Advertisement

I have overpacked so i think I need to have a look again and see what I can take out, I thought originally I might be having a section so packed for 5 days, but now i will have to just put some stuff in what I will call an emergency bag in case I end up staying longer than my planned max 2 days, im being optimistic that all will run smoothly for once in my life!!!

That would be gas if he had the same birthday as mammy :-) when is your next hospital app. Rose?
    Id say you are dying to find out what sex baby is excited?! I found it took me a few attempts to pack the bags,, it is quite overwhelming. Don't forget sweets for the gas and air , what else? Spare plastic bags for laundry etc. Flip flops warm socks for the labour ward. Hair ties. Someone in the July thead actually wrote up a pretty good list.

Pushki would you believe im not back at the hospital until the 13th - I will be 4 days overdue then if im not gone before the 9th, I thought I would be called back before my due date but no, just attend my gp every week up until then!!! Im kinda left to my own devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Thanks a million girls! We had a run up to see the boys this evening. We thought we would only getting to say hello and not do anything because they don't like to handle them too much. One got out of the incubator this morning and is now is a cot, massive step and really only in 4 days. The other wee man is still in his incubator but is doing great and should be out in a week or so, purely because he was nearly a pound smaller. We got to feed the bigger boy (who incidentally is the younger one) and he puked everywhere and of course I started bawling coz I felt like I had done it wrong. They are still being tube fed but they are getting one small bottle each day to teach them to suck and take the feed that way. I forget that they are only learning and that they are premature. The hormones were going crazy and the fact that I was going home for the night and couldn't pop into the NICU in the middle of the night to see them if I was awake, really hit me. Home now in fleecy pjs and feeling much better. Had a small glass of bubbly to celebrate but still on a good bit of painkillers so not going too mad :)
    Welcome Excited! Our funny thing was that the baby bag never made it in! They wear the hospitals clothes in the NICU so all we had to bring in was nappies. For your bag, comfy pjs for day and I found nighties at night were handier when going in and out to the loo and getting comfortable in bed. Good bra and breast pads. Comfy knickers! With having a section I needed ones that wouldn't dig into the wound. Soft, dark towels and facecloths. Plenty of maternity pads. I know most of you girls won't have a section and will need other bits for labour but hopefully this is a help. If I think of anything else that I found good I'll post :) Oh, nice smelling shampoo and bodywash, sounds silly but it's amazing the difference they will make and how nice you will feel, even if only for a quick wash of the hands and face :)

Thanks for the tips!!!! Must be hard leaving the boys but they are in good hands, they will be home before you know it. Congrats again, you have started the ball rolling and have certainly cheered me up and made me very excited. xxxxxx

That's fantastic news that one is out of the incubator, no doubt the other fella will follow soon. Its great that you got to feed them even if he did get sick. Its great progress they will both be guzzling down bottles before ye know it. Do you think they'll let ye take one home before the other or will they wait until they are both ready?
    You sound like you are managing really well esp. After the section and the boys staying in, you enjoy that bubbly !!!

That's mad rose that they are seeing you 4 days after your due date! Although as long as you ate going to the gp every week you will have a fair idea of how things are progressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

I'd say they will keep the two of them together unless anything major happens with one of them. Even the nurses were saying, when I was crying, that we'll be walking out the door with the two of them before we know it. It's very surreal though because the events of Monday night/Tuesday morning were so unexpected and I had the boys and then they were gone and they weren't in the room with me and people were visiting and we were talking about these two babies that no one else has seen and now we're home and they are not here, yet I'm not pregnant anymore and my tummy is going down and I've had surgery......it's all a bit weird and mad and I'm still getting my head around it all. But as they said, the boys will be with us in no time. I just rang in to the hospital and they are out for the count and fed well at 9. They're happy as larry :)
    I hope I'll sleep tonight, although I have a feeling I will!
    Can't wait to see who's next! The ball is rolling now girls :D

It must be surreal new look everything happened so fast and so sudden, but as the nurses said they'll be home with ye before ye know it. Have ye decided on any names yet? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

I knew it!!! The biggest of congratulations new look I'm delighted for you! The boys are a great weightfor twins born 5 weeks early. Hopefully they'll be out of the nicu before you know it :)

Ah pushkii I hope you're on the money, would be delighted to go in the next few days. Although we've a wedding 2 days before I'm due, its oh's sister so can't really miss it, so just once I don't go that day then I'll be happy. Had a reeeeally hot Indian curry for dinner, I'm usually good with spicy food but this had my nose and eyes streaming, hopefully it will do more than just have me on the loo all night! :P

Also, picked up our Quinny today- I can't wait to fill it! :)

• Advertisement

I knew it!!! The biggest of congratulations new look I'm delighted for you! The boys are a great weightfor twins born 5 weeks early. Hopefully they'll be out of the nicu before you know it :)

Ah pushkii I hope you're on the money, would be delighted to go in the next few days. Although we've a wedding 2 days before I'm due, its oh's sister so can't really miss it, so just once I don't go that day then I'll be happy. Had a reeeeally hot Indian curry for dinner, I'm usually good with spicy food but this had my nose and eyes streaming, hopefully it will do more than just have me on the loo all night! :P

Also, picked up our Quinny today- I can't wait to fill it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Newlook Congratulations, I had tears in my eyes reading your story.Makes me so happy we are all nearing the end and get to see our babies soon please god.
    Do you have any names for the boys picked yet?

Rose I was only thinking htis morning that the hospital left me very late for last appointment. I was in two weeks ago and not due in again for over two weeks but ur worse. There was all this big concern for me , baby still head up , baby very small then I was brought in for a scan and told baby still v small nothing explained and come back in a few weeks:mad:.

Woke in the night and baby had hiccups i could feel them under my right ribs so she must be still head up whatever shes up to?, I was lying on that side and had to move I was afraid I was squashing her head:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

well ladies, another awful night of heartburn, i tried sleeping lying down heartburn, then tried sleeping sitting up, heartburn again, i am so sick of having to reach for the rennies during the night, i was nearly getting sick last night it was so bad,

october we are the same we have a wedding next saturday, not looking forward to it at all, but its oh best friend, and oh is driving one of the wedding cars they are all into there classic toyotas and they have a convoy of them going to the wedding, im dreading getting into it, its so low to the ground will be really bumpy, but never know it might get things started haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Rose, I'm the same with the hospital, not back again until after my due date. Not too happy with it to be honest, my GP didn't want to see me either she said unless the hospital told me to go to GP...like what the flip I'm due on Friday I should be seeing someone every week, no?
    Anyway, with my BP gone so high I have to go back to her tomorrow again to have it checked, and I'm half tempted if it is still high to play things up a little. My feet and ankles have suddenly become really swollen, it's bothering me that neither the GP or the hospital are willing to make any sort of decision, but at the same time I don't want GP to send me to hospital and then be kept in just because the want to monitor my BP. So frustrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

hi girls, my bloody broadband broke so have to wait until tuesday to get new modem and i've missed so much!
    Newlook, well done and HUGE Congrats to Ye! Xx
    hope everyone else is good, will have to wait til i get onto a computer to catch up properly on all posts. I'm ok, feel like baby is nearly gonna fall out at this stage its so low! House finished now so i'm good to go ha.
    Any news with anyone??

Welcome back GeeG :)

Yeah betsie I'm the same, while I'm really excited for them getting married, the whole getting done up and hassle of going to a wedding is just about the last thing I feel like doing. Especially when everyone else is locked and we're sitting in the corner sucking our rennie and nursing our swollen ankles!

God SSFG thats a bit strange that you're not being seen more often especially with the BP, definitely make a bit of a fuss next time you're seen!

So last nights hot curry did not have the desired effect...however there were other unpleasant after effects meaning I will not be trying that one again for bringing on labour!! :-S

Hi girls how's everyone today? I thought the hospital would want to see us more often towards the end, at my last app they wanted me back after 6 weeks. Can't complain though as its a week before my due date. Im surprised that they are leaving your apps so late SSFG and Tishandy.
    Id hate to have to go to a wedding at this stage Oct and betsie but i have heard stories where the baby came the day after the wedding, must be something to do with the excitement :-)ye never know ye might have had the baby before the weekend :-D

It's quiet on here today, usually there's a tonne of posts to catch up on whenever I log in! Hopefully all the August mammies are off enjoying a nice Sunday afternoon :)

Yeah pushkii the wedding is on Wednesday so baby is welcome to come anytime after that! Or before, just not on the day, don't want to upstage SIL!

Actually just wondering, how long would yous spend bouncing on your ball each day? The midwife didn't really say how long you should spend for it to be effective. I'd generally do about 15-20 mins a day, not sure is that enough?

I'd say as long as you feel comfortable, Apparently if one spends too long on it (over an hr or so) it causes muscle fatigue.
    I would alternate bouncing on it and walking around, sitting on a chair.
    Actually my ball is getting quite deflated:p
    Surely you'll make it to the wedding October, do you have an app beforehand?

• Advertisement

Thanks pushkii, yeah I kind of alternate bouncing and rolling my hips in circles on it. Although I do find the base of my back gets sore if I'm on too long. Yeah I have an appointment and sweep the morning after the wedding. When's your next appointment?

Advertisement