Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Pushki this may sound awful but I think you will be better off. One baby is enough to be worrying about without a grown up baby as well. Hope you'll be ok.

October sorry to hear about your grandad, my nana passed away in March, she was sick for a few weeks so she never knew I was expecting but we are naming the baby's middle name after her as we know it's a girl. She loved kids, she'd 33 grandchildren and 30 great grandchildren, with me and another cousin due in the summer she would have been up to 32.

Getting the baby's room sorted today, so infuriating waiting for a courier with our cotbed, day off to just sit and wait around for them, was told it would be delivered in the morning but still no sign. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

Thanks pushki

My 3D/4D scan, i'm going to get a 30 weeks, half afraid incase i can see his dad in him straight away :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

For ages i was telling myself you have plenty of time to get ready for the baby but now i think not i have a few bits but that's it, i have to collect my pram from the shop yet and have to get my crib down from the attic In my mothers and get a new mattress for it oh and buy sheets and blankets ah i just need k good kick up the ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

Thanks SSFG your dead right exactly what my gp said!!! Ah belfast m all you'll see is your beautiful baby that YOU are creating!!

October you'll be kept busy all weekend :-) so exciting!!!

Betsie yoy'll be grand outset aside a day or two to get everything, i really recommend guineys . I was just there and picked up so much ie. Sheets mattress loads of stuff! The quality is fab and it is soo cheap :-)

Im going down to waterford sunday to see my mam so i hope to get into guineys then for a look have to start

Oh roll on 2 and im finished work till tuesday woohoo

• Advertisement

The ex was on to me felt he needed to tell me he had slept with someone and were not even 1 week broken up and he still thinks its his right as a father to be present at the child's birth!!??!
    Can't believe the nerve of him! I told him not to contact me until after the birth, there is no way he even deserves to be there to see his child being born.
    I just cannot believe how disrespectful any human can be.

Jesus Pushki you poor thing, just proof that you've had a lucky escape. Sounds like a rotter :mad:
    Can't believe he had the nerve to ask to be at the birth, how uncomfortable would that be if he can't support you now why would he think he would be able to do it at the labour. As for having the right, I think he has a right to be a father yes, but you don't need someone like that at the birth. If he can't even respect you longer than a WEEK after you break up, how does he "deserve" to be at the birth. He "deserves" a kick up the hole.

He certainly does doesn't he? At this stage now i don't even want him to come visit us afterwards. I definitely had a lucky escape, lm just glad i saw his true colours before the baby is born. I am sick to my stomach thinking how horrible he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

Hi pushki, it's good you found out now rather than later on, let him rot :mad:

I caught the yolk i was seeing in a hotel room with one of his students.

He was seeing her and me behind his wifes back, poor woman :(

Some men are right scum.

Oh pushki that's awful, at least you found out now and not in a few months or years etc, my sister was married to a fella for 13 years when she found out that he had a whole other family. Some men are pure scum.

• Advertisement

Ya ye are so true, don't think they have any morals at all, well that's not to say every man is like that.
    Well he can go away and do whatever or whoever he wants now i really couldn't care anymore. He's not worth even talking about.
    Just me and bab now and we'll get through this .

My doc prescribed losec for the deadly heartburn and i swear im like a new person! Haven't needed the gaviscon in 2 days and finally getting my appetite back :-)
    Lots of movement from her think she wants to come out now!!!
    It just makes everything seem worthwhile when you can feel them bouncing away inside you :-)
    Hope everyone is enjoying the bank hol weekend!

Exactly look after yourself and baby as you told me they are most important at the moment,

Can't wait for tomorrow for my 3d scan can't wait to fine out and just to see my baby x

hope all ye August mammys to be had a nice long weekend x

Betsie best of luck tomorrow i hope ye enjoy seeing baby up close!! Xx

Thanks pushki barely slept last night felt like Thu was Christmas eve and i was waiting for Santa to come :-) roll on 6.30

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Enjoy betsie, its a wonderful experience!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Hi everyone, thanks for all your kind words.
    SSFG wrote: »
    October sorry to hear about your grandad, my nana passed away in March, she was sick for a few weeks so she never knew I was expecting but we are naming the baby's middle name after her as we know it's a girl. She loved kids, she'd 33 grandchildren and 30 great grandchildren, with me and another cousin due in the summer she would have been up to 32.

Thanks SSFG, yeah we don't know yet if we're having a boy or girl, but if it's a boy we're going to give him my grandads name as a middle name.
    How is everyone feeling at the mo? I'm so exhausted, feels like I'm back in the first trimester again. Haha I was stuck in traffic this morning so started chatting away to baby, it was only after a few minutes I realised I was getting funny looks from the man in the car beside me...must have looked like a right freak chatting away looking down at my lap cos he couldn't see I was pregnant!

Oh yeah worn out the past week or two, like being back in the first trimester!!
    Think it's just the fact that we're nearing the finish line. Walking up the stairs is enough to make me want a nap!

All i can say wow, the 3d scan was amazing. Our little GIRL is looking perfect, had her hands covering her face for ages, but eventually moved and put on a great show for us,

oh was right yet again he is saying a girl all along i owe him a tenner now haha

Aw betsie im delighted for ye! A little girl :-) yey!!
    Its an amazing experience isn't it!?

Ya im feeling totally exhausted too not complaining though as im sleeping really well. Bit uncomfortable with baby kicking under my ribs but moving around helps . I feel a lot of relief now that amount "himself" is out of the picture, well for the time being anyway.. Am enjoying quality time alone with bump :-)

baby has big long legs and they are stuck up inside my ribs the doc couldnt get over the length of them, they are messuring bigger then my dates, but he said baby is not going to be a massive baby which is a bit of a relief :) baby is head down too and had been breech all along.

exhausted is not the word for it, i actually rang in sick today because i didnt sleep well the last few nights so i just said im taking a me day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Feeling very exhausted too, 7 more weeks to work, finishing up on july 25th all going well, everyone in office complaining that its cold, im so hot, my little oven keeps me very warm, ha ha

Ha Betsie same here in my house himself was right about it being a girl and was delighted with himself!! Congrats on your girl, happy shopping!! :D

Ya betsie you are dead right to take the time off work! The sonographer said my baby has short legs and she's head down too. :-)
    Having steak for dinner tonight baby wants it:-) i actually am dreading leaving work im really gonna miss it. It keeps me sane:-P
    Went to visit a friend today that had a baby a few days ago and i got to hold her it was amazing she is so tiny and perfect :-)

30 weeks today can't believe it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Hey all!
    Another scan and doc visit today. The babies are massive and squashed so couldn't see anything!!! The only thing I could make out was their wee heartbeats. Holy moly I dread to think what they're gonna be like in a few weeks time! All going good though and doc happy so that's the main thing :)
    Totally wrecked these days and def feel like first trimester again! Feeling sick and not sleeping and heartburn is kiling me, no matter what I eat or don't eat. Ah well, it'll all be over in a few weeks! Eeeeek!
    Pushki glad you're getting on ok and it's time to focus on yourself now and your wee bundle :)
    October so sorry about your grandad :(
    Betsie, congrats on your wee girl, so exciting! I was very tempted to ask today when I was in without my hubbie but decided I'd be killed because I could never keep it to myself :D Dying to know now!!!
    It's mad to think how close we're all getting to our big days now :)

Its fantastic your little ones are well, can't wait to find out what they are. Do you know if they're identical?!
    Im totally with you on the exhaustion, gonna hit the hay soon:-)
    i had the worst heartburn ever i had no appetite since the beginning of the pregnancy but gp put me on losec and im like a new person :-)

Id say your finding it tough now new look are you? Its great that your keeping so well,

all along i wasn't 100% sure if i wanted to find out or keep it a surprise but when the doc asked last night yes just came straight out, we are not telling others just between me and himself so it will still be a nice surprise for everyone else :-)

Had my 3rd anti natal class tonight,have found them helpful and oh has too, he is really enjoying them i think.

Ya new look you are doing super!! Its nice betsie to keep it a surprise from everybody else, have you gone shopping for pink things yet!? :-)
    I was at my first ante natal class the other day find them really good. I went with a friend didn't want to go on my own its great your oh is really in to them the fella i saw looked bored out of their minds must have been a match on at the same time lol!! Actually looking forward to the next one.
    Just slept 14 hrs straight there!! Im actually loving the sleeping part of the 3rd trimester:-)

Yeah i think he is nearly more into it then me sometimes haha :-)

No haven't bought any pink yet i do plan on going shopping this weekend though :-)

Im back to work today and i really don't want to :-( ah well has to be done

Yeah i think he is nearly more into it then me sometimes haha :-)

No haven't bought any pink yet i do plan on going shopping this weekend though :-)

Im back to work today and i really don't want to :-( ah well has to be done

I find it so hard to resist the nice pink baby clothes! I've had to tell myself to stop and start going a bit more neutral just in case any future babies are not girls!

The equipment is easier to go neutral in, have tried to keep the baby's room neutral except for one or two girlie touches which can be easily changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Found this really useful site http://www.whatsupmum.ie/ advertised in todays Indo. Supported by the HSE. I watched the video on ante natal care and found it v informative.

Advertisement