Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

evening ladies hope ye all had a lovely weekend,

Im just in the door from my little break and i just feel so relaxed, took it easy, done a bit of shopping for me and the baby, glad to be home though, have tomorrow booked off work too delighted :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Hi all, hope all well. Had hospital appt today and my little man is no longer in the transverse position, he is head down, consultant was happy with this, am only 28 weeks 4 days, wasnt expecting him to turn just yet. but sure what would I know with it being my first. Did some shopping for him and me after, feels so so real now, i just cant wait.

glad you got on well today at the hospital rose, lets hope baby stays head down now and doesnt move, my little one is breech at the moment and seems to be comfortable that way,

was in mothercare at the weekend and they have a new family card out since last week, like a tesco card collect points on everything you spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Hope everyone is doing well :) Had a scan today, baby has turned head down too. I swear it only happened when we were in the waiting room, I felt kicks up high and I always feel them at the side. The little monkey better not move back round again. So far so good.

Consultant wrote on my notes to induce me at 41 weeks if I go over so I can be home for the little man starting school! I am delighted. :D

ah that's brilliant kin at least you know you will see your little mans 1st day at school :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

ah that's brilliant kin at least you know you will see your little mans 1st day at school :-)

I'm delighted Betsie, it was really bothering me. Not only is he starting school the other little man is starting playschool the same day! I know for sure now I will be home with baby around the 26th or 27th of August at the latest :)

kinioiri wrote: »

I'm delighted Betsie, it was really bothering me. Not only is he starting school the other little man is starting playschool the same day! I know for sure now I will be home with baby around the 26th or 27th of August at the latest :)

ah that's a big weight of your shoulders anyway you will be there for the 2boys which will be great for them

i just booked a 3d scan for this day 2weeks can't wait :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

i just booked a 3d scan for this day 2weeks can't wait :-)

You'll love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

I'm going to book the 3D/4D scan too :D

26 weeks tomorrow, little man is currently in the transverse position.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

Kinorii and rose delighted your scans went well and baby has moved!!

Betsie i got that mothercare card too, great idea, i got a tommie tippie steriliser set there reduced from about 170 to 80.!!
    Although unless things are on sale there i think they are really expensive.
    Delighted your going for the 3d scans betsie and belfast med, were all hopping on the bandwagon! Mine is Fri excited but nervous too.
    Have a feeling baby is too small. Hospital app on Tuesday. Tis all go :-)
    Isn't our august group small compared to the July one? There must not be too many due in august

Got the mothercare card as well, think it's a fairly expensive shop without a bit of a sale. Got the Angelcare monitor in there last week, had a one4all voucher and there was €20 off it so paid €50 instead of €120, was delighted. Wasn't mad to get that monitor but did alot of research and this one was getting the best reviews. Plus the fact that we got a great deal with the voucher was another plus.
    Baby's room almost ready to go now, will prob have the furniture delivered in the next week or two.
    Just need to get the steriliser and car seat base, and get the hospital bags done, my husband informed me the other day that I need to do that soon!!
    Good luck to all with the scans, they are so fab, hope all the babies cooperate!

im all excited about the scan now, cant wait to see my little baby x x x

mothercare is expensive for some things but other stuff i dont find too bad, i got 3 tops for myself there at the weekend for €15 was delighted.

i feel so behind, i have the bed that was in the babys room moved into the other room in the house but thats it, im getting a crib off my sister but its still in her atic, i really must get it and i have to get a new matress for it and all the sheets and blankets, monitor, steraliser, isofix base ah too much to think about, oh and all my stuff for the hospital bag :(

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Hey ladies! Are we all enjoying the lovely heat????
    Gee G thanks a million, got my eumom bag on Monday, all pleased with it! I could get it in Centra so that was handy.
    Had appointment with consultant today, all good. He did a quick scan of the babies although I feel we're getting spoiled with the other clearer scan so it didn't seem as good. Both babies are doing great and both head down now which I was surprised at already. Got bloods done too which I wasn't too impressed with but better to have them done than not! These weeks are flying now and it's all appointments one after another for the coming weeks. I suppose it makes the time go faster :)
    Has anybody else read Myleene Klass's pregnancy book? It's called My Bump and Me, and I couldn't recommend it enough! I read it in two days and it's so great to hear a celebrity going through the same stuff as a normal person. It's brilliant and a lovely read too!

new look i heard that book was very good alright but haven't read it, must see can i get my hands on a copy x

weeks are flying by i think anyway, i had my 1st anti natal class tonight,wasn't too bad was a lot of information all together though, one down 3to go :-) we were supposed to get a tour of the labour ward tonight but they were too busy for us

I know the days are just flying! Im officially in my 3rd trimester :-)i
    Had such a busy week, was pretty much sick at.the weekend but had to work and took Mon and Tuesday off , in those 2 days i got travel system, Moses basket crib, steriliser, nursing pillow sheets blankets etc. The house is so overcrowded!!
    Got ill my mat forms filled in and stuff like that. Went to see counsellor today which was really difficult but it is helping a bit, and back to work tonight:-)
    And that's only the first few days of the week!!
    Tomorrow have gp app, optical app and visiting a friend
    Then Friday im off on my weekend away, 3d scan Fri, spa sat, shopping and beach then mat app on Monday!
    Wow ! I'm tired even after writing all that down!!
    Feeling ok apart from being really thirsty all the time, having no appetite and the usual heartburn .
    Hope everyone is doing well fingers crossed for a bit of sunshine at the weekend :-)

im tired reading about your week pushki :)

i have no plans for this weekend as of yet anyway but im sure that will change,

weather is amazing today and im stuck in work until 7.30 tonight so going to miss all the weather, im off tomorrow mornign though so not too bad i suppose :)

bet your looking forward to your 3d scan pushki are you? im like a child waiting for christmas for my one :)

I know Betsie I really cant wait!! still cant believe i'm carrying a little human being inside of me :)
    Are ye going to find out the sex of the baby at your 3d scan Betsie?
    I was working last night and im just buzzing right now, am thinking of changing the travel system i got this week as it is too heavy and bulky for the car.
    Must have a look out for that book New Look, I love reading but i'm finding it difficult to concentrate on anything at the moment!!

What buggy did you go for pushki?!
    Hope you enjoy the scan, what spa will you be going to? Thinking of booking the one for the Radisson in Lim, they have a deal €65 instead of €130 for scalp massage, facial and file and polish.
    Heading away for the night Fri, not for pleasure as such but hubby doing a run Sat morning and it was easier to stay there Fri night than be up at 5.30 Sat morning! Heading home for the night Sat then.

pushki wrote: »
    I know Betsie I really cant wait!! still cant believe i'm carrying a little human being inside of me :)
    Are ye going to find out the sex of the baby at your 3d scan Betsie?
    I was working last night and im just buzzing right now, am thinking of changing the travel system i got this week as it is too heavy and bulky for the car.
    Must have a look out for that book New Look, I love reading but i'm finding it difficult to concentrate on anything at the moment!!

yeah i think if possible we will find out the sex of the baby, i really hope that its lying the right way for the scan,

• Advertisement

I got the graco quatro travel system. 2nd hand for 120 euro. Now i have two travel systems and i think they're both quite heavy :-( i never want to look at buggies again!!!
    Was out in the sunshine absolutely fabulous and gave the buggies a test drive, it was such a strange feeling!!
    SSFG im going to the meyrick hotel in eyre sq. I saw that offer online for the raddisson really good value! Lovely spa there :-)go for it i might get one myself:-)
    Ah betsie im sure ye'll find the sex out. You'll be mad buying blue/pink when you do!! That's what i did pink everywhere!!
    Have you any guesses to what sex the baby is?
    I was sure mine was a boy, got the shock of my life when i found out it was a girl!
    Dont mind either way as long as baby is healthy :-)

i have a feeling that its a boy too pushki but oh thinks its agirl so we know one of us will be right :-)

i found it too hot today i feel really drained after the day, i know i was very busy all day but Im ****ed and to top it off my back is killing me too :-(

Was never in the Meyrick pushki didn't realise there was a spa in there, say it's lovely though if the hotel is anything to go by!

This heat is not for me at all I don't like heat at the best of times. Still I went out for a walk in the evening when the heat died down a little, or should I say I went for a waddle!

Betsie, I was convinced I was having a boy, so so sure I even told husband not to be looking at girls names, he always said it was a girl, and he was right! Be gas if it was the same for you!!

Ya its amazing that you reallytrust your gut instinct of what baby is going to be and they come and surprise you! I think that finding out the sex of the baby really mayes the whole thing real! I find myself talking to her and things!
    Would be gas if i found out tomorrow bab is a boy!!
    I loved the sunshine today got a little burnt though, i love the heat :-)
    Can't wait for the spa experience SSFG even just to escape from my worries just for an hr!
    Things are not great at all with himself , he just isn't prepared to give and ill just have to deal with it. Got more important things to be thinking of like seeing my little angel tomorrow
    xx

there is so many girls in my family it more than likely is a girl but i don't really mind whatever it is ill be happy either way :-)

hope you enjoy your scan pushki and indeed your weekend,

hope all the August mums to be are doing well and have a lovely weekend x x x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Hope everybody is out enjoying this gorgeous weather we're having!! I love the sun...but its draining me :) Can only sit out for a while at a time!
    28 weeks today...third trimester..Wahoo!!:D

loving the sun too but its killing me Im in and out of it all the time can't stay in it at all,

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Hi ladies, are we all boiled out of it yet???? :)
    Went to a BBQ yesterday and it was lovely but my God was I swollen when I got home! Just about got my engagement ring off but wedding ring is firmly wedged on! Massive ankles, massive feet, massive legs, massive hands, MASSIVE BELLY!!!!!!
    Can't complain though, the good weather here makes up for the fact that I was supposed to go to Spain next weeek for ten days but was told not to travel!!! I'm consoling myself with the fact that it's like Spain here at the minute and at least I can go and lie on my own bed when it gets too hot (or I get too swollen to move) :)
    Getting work done on the house this week so it's all starting to get close. Bags will be properly packed by the end of the week, just in case, eeeek!!!
    It's great to be another week closer for us all to meet our babies, getting exciting :)

i hear you on being all swollen, i had my jewellery off most of the weekend, in a way Im glad its a bit cooler today i can kinda function again :-) except i have a sore throat, blocked nose and just feel a bit run down but ill get over it, have my gp appointment Wednesday morning can't wait to hear the baby again :-) never get sick of it.

i got the hampers pack in the post today, kinda thought there would of been more in it but won't say NO to anything free :-) did anyone else apply for it?

• Advertisement

Oh today is great, a bit cooler so more bearable, but I still wouldn't be one for sitting out in it, not my cup of tea at all.

Pushki hope the scan went well and you enjoyed the Meyrick!

Have tried several times to register for the pampers pack, haven't been able to though.

Our furniture will be here this week, can't wait to put it together and be finished the baby's room.

Advertisement