Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2012: General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,480 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I for one am glad, seeing his dads smug face every 5 minutes used to really annoy me.

I hate that more than anything else in F1, showing randomers like his dad or nicole or various celebs / girlfriends / bored looking pit crew. No one cares about any of them. Show the feckin racing tyre mgt session!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    EnterNow wrote: »
    Smugness? Or pride? I know if it was my son winning at top level racing, I'd be damned proud :)

I agree but it was the cutting to his face every couple of minutes in the middle of race that used to grind my gears.

It wasn't at all as bad as you make it sound. At the end of the '08 season there were a couple of shots of his dad and Massa's family during the races. His Dad was more prominent before the start as Lewis doesn't do media work before the race.

I do enjoy, however, the way he tried to turn himself into a manager and has been sacked by every driver he represented.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Sergio Perez took a pic of drivers having dinner and put it up on Twitter:
    http://instagram.com/p/QpBgtoOaW6/
    Where is Hamilton?
    Who is at the top of the table (facing away from the camera?) Kimi?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Top Dog

cadaliac wrote: »
    Where is Hamilton?
    I count 19 people (9 each side & 1 at the top end) + Perez presumably taking the photo. So there's more than Hamilton missing. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

cadaliac wrote: »
    Where is Hamilton?

Do I see Heidfeld on the left in a white shirt?

• Advertisement

If you zoom/enhance the reflection in the window you can make out the hidden drivers. You might have to enhance two or three times though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Here is another one.. think Hamilton is there alright... with the, ehh, gangster hat.

https://twitter.com/danielricciardo/status/256360631672905728/photo/1/large

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

OSI wrote: »
    Surprised they didn't make Grosjean sit in a high chair :D

With restraints so he doesn't hit anybody. :pac:

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Here is another one.. think Hamilton is there alright... with the, ehh, gangster hat.

Surprised he doesnt have his sunglasses on at the dinner table too.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭duke916

Rascasse wrote: »
    I do enjoy, however, the way he tried to turn himself into a manager and has been sacked by every driver he represented.

Agreed. Proud alright, proud enough to be in DiResta's pit garage lookin like he owned the place instead of being in the McLaren garage with his son. Thanks for the vote of confidence dad! He also crashed a porche carrera into a childrens playground a year or so ago while speeding in a residential area. Talk about being the father figure.

Alas these celeb clowns attending F1 races have absolutely no interest in the sport, just there for the cameras and the media attention. Its not all about you twats!!! Anyhoo it kinda bugs me the access they have to garages and drivers where someone with real interest in F1 would kill for such an opportunity. "oh look I got a photo with me and Michael Schumacher (and into the drawer it goes), whereas we'd have it framed and mounted on the wall. Bah!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Top Dog wrote: »
    I count 19 people (9 each side & 1 at the top end) + Perez presumably taking the photo. So there's more than Hamilton missing. ;)

Wouldn't be Perez as he's sitting between Bruno and Sebastian.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Is Philipe gettting prepared for a new career in tennis with the sweater over the shoulders look? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

My other half says that Nico Rosberg is like a fat faced Leonardo DiCaprio :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

I think Crashtor and Lewis are sitting next to each other at the end. Grosjean and Alonso deep in conversation too at the end of the table. God how i'd love to be at that table. Great picture.

I think Crashtor and Lewis are sitting next to each other at the end. Grosjean and Alonso deep in conversation too at the end of the table. God how i'd love to be at that table. Great picture.

Yup, it does look like Lewis and Pastor are sitting next to each other.

Clockwise from the top right hand side of the table, we have Grosjean, Button, Di Resta, Webber, de la Rosa, Senna, Perez, Vettel, Massa, Rosberg, Glock, Kobayashi, Ricciardo, Raikkonen, Heidfeld, Hamilton, Charles Pic, Maldonado and Alonso.

No sign of the Caterham lads there. I think Karthikeyan might have took the picture as all the teams apart from Caterham have both drivers there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

No Schumacher either?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    No Schumacher either?

You're right. No Schumi either.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    I think Karthikeyan might have took the picture as all the teams apart from Caterham have both drivers there.

He was probably paid to do it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,108 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    You're right. No Schumi either.

No Hulkenberg or Vergen

No Hulkenberg or Vergen
    Hulkenberg is in the blue beside Ricciardo and JEV is next.

• Advertisement

No Hulkenberg or Vergen

I think maybe that's Hulkenberg beside Ricciardo rather than Kimi. Too skinny to be Kimi. His absence would also fit in with his don't care about the rest of them attitude. Unless that's him sitting around the corner over to the right.

Doesn't look like Heidfeld beside the Hulk, couldn't be Pic could it? Vergne between Pastor and Alonso at the end. Could be totally wrong though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 potholes84

Ya thats not Heidfeld. Its Dani Clos I reckon. He has same tshirt on as pedro and he driving for HRT in P1 this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I think maybe that's Hulkenberg beside Ricciardo rather than Kimi. Too skinny to be Kimi. His absence would also fit in with his don't care about the rest of them attitude. Unless that's him sitting around the corner over to the right.

Doesn't look like Heidfeld beside the Hulk, couldn't be Pic could it? Vergne between Pastor and Alonso at the end. Could be totally wrong though. :pac:

With the white pair of sunglasses infront of him on the table, it's kimi alright :pac:

potholes84 wrote: »
    Ya thats not Heidfeld. Its Dani Clos I reckon. He has same tshirt on as pedro and he driving for HRT in P1 this weekend.
    Actually I reckon you're right. Strange that he would be allowed but none of the other 3rd drivers.

So that must be JEV further down beside Alonso.

With the white pair of sunglasses infront of him on the table, it's kimi alright :pac:

If we can spot a Magnum ice cream then that's proof enough for me. Or maybe he missed the photo as he "was taking a sh1t". :D

So, Vijay is a wanted man. Not a first for F1, though I doubt FI will be kicked out of F1 like Andrea Moda were.

I can't see Vijay holding on to the team much longer. I just hope he sells to the right person. Someone with real money behind them. Perhaps a manufacturer like VW group.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Worst episode yet...dunno who this series is targeted for?!

Was looking at F1 Race Stars - seriously, are they releasing an F1 game in November? Eh, they should yet wait till March next year and get the characters current. Lewis in McLaren overalls FFS.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

So, Vijay is a wanted man. Not a first for F1, though I doubt FI will be kicked out of F1 like Andrea Moda were.

I can't see Vijay holding on to the team much longer. I just hope he sells to the right person. Someone with real money behind them. Perhaps a manufacturer like VW group.

Fúck that, EJ to buy it back at a fraction of what he sold it at! Would absolultely love Jordan GP back in teh game, show red bull how to be the cool team

brownacid wrote: »

Fúck that, EJ to buy it back at a fraction of what he sold it at! Would absolultely love Jordan GP back in teh game, show red bull how to be the cool team

Actually that would be great. Back in the old early 90's livery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

Actually that would be great. Back in the old early 90's livery.

Nah the Buzzin' Hornets livery of 99! Would also stop Coulthard from making snide remarks about him!

Advertisement