Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2012: General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

There is talk of Schumacher staying another 2 years.
    He is obviously delivering something to the Merc team whether its sponsorship, input to car or his driving
    Schumacher might be around for another 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

There is talk of Schumacher staying another 2 years.
    He is obviously delivering something to the Merc team whether its sponsorship, input to car or his driving
    Schumacher might be around for another 2 years
    I'd love if he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I think Mercedes could be second best this year. Felipe Massa has been complaining about the Ferrari 'needing a lot more work'. McLaren, having chosen not to go with the ugly nose, have possibly made a huge mistake (although they insist otherwise). And I don't think Schumacher would be contemplating another two seasons if he didn't think the team was making serious progress.

My early prediction for the constructors championship:

1. Red Bull
    2. Mercedes
    3. McLaren
    4. Ferrari
    5. Force India
    6. Lotus
    7. Williams
    8. Toro Rosso
    9. Sauber
    10. Caterham

(the other two teams just don't matter)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

For some reason, I just don't see a Red Bull driver winning it this year. I reckon they have a decent chance of the constructors, but I think they will have 100% point finishes for both drivers, but not all 1st as usual. I'd love to see what Di Resta is capable of in a decent car. He has a lot of talent, but lacks the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Christ it's tough taking photos of them cars with a bog standard digital camera!!!

Really enjoyed that testing there today. The noise of them cars in unbelievable!

Really can't wait for the actual race there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Before the season starts I will make a thread about predicitions etc that we can look at the end of the season. Will be fun to see how wrong people are :pac:

Brilliant idea,
    How about combining the result of this with the Boards f1 comp? give bonus points for top 5 prediction or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

They were all in or around the same time today with testing, I really cant wait for the season to start now. I agree with the predication and see how wrong some of us will be, I dont think Redbull will have it all there own way this season. McLaren, Mercedes and Ferrari should all be up their with them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

It's worth remembering that for much of last year Red Bull didnt have a markedly superior race car than McLaren. On Saturday's the Red Bull was in a class of its own but come race day Vettel had his work cut out to win a lot of those races. Obviously he still had some very dominant victories but overall there wasnt a huge gap to the opposition. With Pirelli going more aggressive with the tyres this year it should be deadly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

frostie500 wrote: »
    It's worth remembering that for much of last year Red Bull didnt have a markedly superior race car than McLaren. On Saturday's the Red Bull was in a class of its own but come race day Vettel had his work cut out to win a lot of those races. Obviously he still had some very dominant victories but overall there wasnt a huge gap to the opposition. With Pirelli going more aggressive with the tyres this year it should be deadly!

It's the same old thing, they either had by far the best car and Webber was really poor or they had a car at a similar level to McLaren and Vettel is the most gifted driver who has ever lived by quite a margin. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Magic

W-duct?

but again, how come other teams didn't come up with the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Isnt there a few places that do fantasy F1? Anyone interested?

Isnt there a few places that do fantasy F1? Anyone interested?
    Yes,
    I did one last season.
    Can do it again if enough interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

vectra wrote: »
    Yes,
    I did one last season.
    Can do it again if enough interest?

il do it, for the craic:)

Dusty87 wrote: »
    il do it, for the craic:)

Good man
    This is the one I did

http://fantasyf1game.net/

Good man
    This is the one I did

was meaning to google a few. Can we do our own 'league' on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Good man
    This is the one I did

Im game for it. Should be a bit of entertainment alog with the Predictions league.

was meaning to google a few. Can we do our own 'league' on that?

Yes,
    That is the one I used last season.

I can set it up and you can run it from there if you wish?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

I'd be up for it, Never done one before, Been out of the F1 loop for a couple of years. Beauty is if i dont come last im a winner.... :pac:

Yes,
    That is the one I used last season.

I can set it up and you can run it from there if you wish?

Yea cool, should be a bit of fun, never did it for the F1 before.
    I'd be up for it, Never done one before, Been out of the F1 loop for a couple of years. Beauty is if i dont come last im a winner.... :pac:

Two of us will be in a race for second last place so:P:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

• Advertisement

I was looking at another fantasy F1 to only find out at the very end it was £10! Is the one above free?

antodeco wrote: »
    I was looking at another fantasy F1 to only find out at the very end it was £10! Is the one above free?

yea that ones free. Came across that 10e one myself. Feck that.

antodeco wrote: »

yea that ones free. Came across that 10e one myself. Feck that.

My exact response when I saw the price :D

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Tweeted by Martin Brundle this evening...
    Very pleasant day trip to Dublin with @CroftyF1 and @tedkravitz on TV business. City looks good

Wonder what that could be about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Kevski wrote: »
    Tweeted by Martin Brundle this evening...

Wonder what that could be about?

There was an F1 car in the stephens green shopping centre today with sky sports all over maybe its something to do with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭B bopp

probably something to do with the bavarian city racing..... apparently Mclaren are going to be here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Yesterday was the second Sunday in a row I woke up thinking I'd missed the race. This is taking aages! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Richie6904 wrote: »
    There was an F1 car in the stephens green shopping centre today with sky sports all over maybe its something to do with that?
    Bah! Second time I missed an F1 car in Dublin in a few months. Does anybody know if it's there tomorrow(Tuesday)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

yeeaahh!

ncyAV.jpg

haha Schumi and Nico ^^ :pac:

Advertisement