Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fellas buyin' drinks for young wans

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

mackg wrote: »
    As she was drinking it you should have just caught the bottom of the glass and lifted it sending the pint all over her, hope the barman got her fcuked out. Did ya get a free pint?

Truth be known the barman would be the only one to do anything in that situation and lets be honest, most wouldnt give a fuck or go out of their way.

So the only thing Mully could of done was to grab the pint off her and give abuse. Cause if he spilled the drink over said brazzing bitch she'd likely go off to a bloke she knows or better yet, a bouncer, and say how some jerk was coming onto her and wouldnt take no for an answer and how he spilled a pint over her :rolleyes: you know yourself.

Dirty bitch tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Mully_2011

mackg wrote: »
    As she was drinking it you should have just caught the bottom of the glass and lifted it sending the pint all over her, hope the barman got her fcuked out. Did ya get a free pint?

yeah I hand a barman the money goes in the till and she just picks it up and downs it and I mean knocks it back properly I didn't do anything was just in shock and I'm the sort of person who is to nice for my good so I didn't make a fuss. She was ****ed out not long after got another pint alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

El Weirdo wrote: »
    ... and she lets all of them do her up the Gary.

Aka the brenda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Pffft buy me own drink is all. If the group gets into rounds ill get a round if I was included in one and ask to stay on me own from then on. Can't afford it. If a girl expects a drink then just for being a girl, she can go find some mug.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Cleeo wrote: »
    (AH Response: Your girlfriend IS buying her own drinks. By giving all the guys a quickie in the jacks.)

Bollocks to the lot ye.

OP, I have on many occasion had drinks bought for me. I do not in anyway flirt, flutter my eye lashes or in any way insinuate that they will get lucky should they ply me with drink.

It usually happens after you get chatting for a bit. If I'm bought one, I offer the guy one back but 9 times out of 10 that offer is refused.

I will keep on chatting if it's someone I'm getting along with, and to avoid looking like a scabby bitch I will drop that I have a boyfriend as early into conversation so they know I'm not looking for anything extra.

So what if your girlfriend is having drinks for free? It doesn't mean she's doing anything for them.

If a fella wants to buy a girl a drink, where's the harm?! (So long as they know it's just a drink!)

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

luvnit! wrote: »

I think most girls have done this have they not??

I know a lot of women and don't know any that would do it.

EVen if you don't intend on sleeping with the guy, you are knowingly exploiting his desire to sleep with you. Fools that they are.

It's actually worse to feign such innocence around the fact that you are doing so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

If a guy is stupid enough to buy girls drinks because they smile at him then he deserves to lose his cash.

My old Ma said 'a fool and his money are easily parted'*

*shortly after she cleaned me out in a game of poker.

Ah, but a fool and his money is some party.

LighterGuy wrote: »
    I never have. Many a man has tho.

But I have to thank my dad for not letting me make that mistake. He told me years ago, before i was even old enough to go to pubs, about when he was younger in the 70's and seeing many women flirt with guys. getting drink off lads for the whole night then to flee from the pub. It stuck with me.

But, the one thats stuck with me the most is him knowing a girl who was dating another bloke he knew and she was making him wait before they had sex. While she was sleeping with other guys. Again, another one of those "be careful, son" moments I guess.

That's what Dads are for. Little pearls of wisdom for their sons like that. :cool:

If a girl asks you to but them a drink just say "Not a problem"

Get a pint of tap water, give it to them and watch their reaction.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I've never really done the "buy you a drink?" with the ladies. Id buy drinks at the same rate I would for blokes in the group. If I'm going to the bar I'll ask the group kinda thing. I have had a few over the years chance their arm on the drinks front(not that many TBH). What I've done in those obvious freeloader situations, is say with a smile "oh sure" and hand them a tenner and motion towards the bar. Stops that stuff on the spot.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I bought a girl a drink once, she hung around with me all night, grinded into my crotch at every given moment and kept giving me those "Me fanny is hungry for your willy!" eyes.

Dirty bitch then says at the end of the night she has a boyfriend and that she wanted to see my reaction.

She had also lied about where she worked when I found out she was just a checkout girl at a supermarket I just randomly went into.

Oh, how I did make her squirm in front of other customers :D

That'll teach ya for robbin' a Heinekin off me!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

I would never take a drink from a guy I didn't know, unless he was in our group and I'd be buying him one back (like one of my fellas friends).

There was this one time that I was sitting at the bar with my friend and the bar man brought over a drink from a guy at the other side of the bar. It was embarassing and awkward as him and his friends were looking over when the bar man was giving it to me and pointing out who it was from. I smiled and said thanks because I didn't want to be rude and refuse it when he'd already bought it and didn't want to embarass him in front of his friends.

I just felt awkward after that so we finished up our drinks and left but I sent him over a drink back and waved bye as we were leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

So according to AH, Irish women are stuck up cnuts, who'll take drinks off ya for half the night and then shoot you down in a snobby 'I'm far too good for you' kinda way before making a pr!ck outta you in front of all her friends?

I'm fine with this assessment :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i dont think i would like to have drinks bought for me, unless i knew them and buying them one back :confused:
    how bizarre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Is it commonplace for guys to buy drinks for girls in nightclubs? I don't mean a fella buying drinks for his girlfriend but for guys to buy a girl drinks pretty much as his introduction to her (in the hope of taking her home obviously).
    Does this happen to the extent that the girl would just arrive in the nightclub and not have to touch her purse once because of all the guys buying drinks for her?

Maybe it makes me social retard asking this but I'm not into nightclubs. I like gigs and pubs but if I end up in a nightclub I'm usually too hammered to notice what's going on around me anyway.
    My girlfriend(soon to be ex) tells me she goes out to the nightclub and guys just buy her drinks. She doesn't flirt with them, she doesn't give them the shift, they just see her and buy her a drink in the hopes of getting somewhere with her but she just takes their drink and doesn't give them any further courtesy except maybe a chat. And this happens all night long and she and her friends don't have to spend a penny in the club. Sometimes their admission and taxi is paid for by some nice fellas.
    To me that seems like a f**king massive pill to swallow and I'm not convinced. We've had plenty of fights about it but she sticks to that story.

I don't know about the rest of you but I don't buy drinks for women unless I've been chatting with them and it seems we're getting along. I don't just walk about with a WKD or vodka and coke and just hand it to the nearest good looking girl.

So... what do you club goers think?

Was talking to a young fella who said that he approached three girls in a group in a nite club (he fancied one of them). He offered to buy her a drink - she said I'll have a vodka and red bull and so will my friends. She kept leading him on all night. By the time the night was over he didn't even have the price of a bag of chips as he had spend all his dosh (€80) on the wimmin. When the drink stopped flowing the wimmin said adios amigo! He didn't even get a peck on the cheek.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

scholar007 wrote: »
    Was talking to a young fella who said that he approached three girls in a group in a nite club (he fancied one of them). He offered to buy her a drink - she said I'll have a vodka and red bull and so will my friends. She kept leading him on all night. By the time the night was over he didn't even have the price of a bag of chips as he had spend all his dosh (€80) on the wimmin. When the drink stopped flowing the wimmin said adios amigo! He didn't even get a peck on the cheek.

The more fool him

I'd like to think he won't be doing that again but I think he will be if he was that dopey in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭G.muny

Yeh been bought drink all night plenty of times by fellas in nightclubs, use to go out with no money expecting it in my teens but would feel bad about it now.

G.muny wrote: »
    Yeh been bought drink all night plenty of times by fellas in nightclubs, use to go out with no money expecting it in my teens but would feel bad about it now.

And, did you reciprocate?

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

foxyboxer wrote: »
    Why?

Because she was young and she could.

And, did you reciprocate?
    No and that still annoys me to this day if I am out and someone offers to buy me a drink which these days generally I don't accecpt as readily. But being out on dates or if I were out for the night and someone was buying me drink even after refusing and saying I would pay for myself have come across many guys that will insist or that are actually offended if you try and insist on paying for yourself.

It really annoys me that they expect you to go home with them just because they INSISTED on paying for your drink and have the utter nerve to sulk because you aren't spreading your legs for a few bottles of WKD. Like I spent money I insisted on spending on you so now you are obliged to have sex with me or else you are a bitch.
    foxyboxer wrote: »
    Why?
    Yeah basically at the time because I could and didn't appreciate the value of money.

It really annoys me that they expect you to go home with them just because they INSISTED on paying for your drink and have the utter nerve to sulk because you aren't spreading your legs for a few bottles of WKD. Like I spent money I insisted on spending on you so now you are obliged to have sex with me or else you are a bitch.

Do you like it in the convent?

Do you like it in the convent?
    Its not bad, free meals

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Yep, lots of cockteasing freeloaders out there, always has been and always will be.

I'd be inclined to place more of the blame on the numpties that fill them with free drink all night though as they are only encouraging these muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sarah stooopid

i tink tat lads that buy drinks for girls are fools its great lol.

me and my mates go out on the town all the time with **** all money and get wasted thanks to those stupid lads that buy us drinks. all ye lads giving out in this tread are just jealous that they never get drink bought for them and must always get turned down by hot girls or sumtin.

i go out with my boyfriend most of d time so i dont need to worry about money for drinks cause he looks after me lol, so i manly do it when i'm out with mi girls :) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Dump 'er OP. You and all of us here know the score, flirtin in clubs to score drink (at least). If shes ok with that then obviously there is a major grey zone on whats kosher or not in her books.

Actualy, dump her and take some snakey pics of her in bits to post up here so we can all have a laugh. For added spice set up a fake gmail acc a week on with some guys random name and email her saying he knows her from a friend or something and facies her... link in the pics and this thread too to kick it up a notch - BAMM!

Oh , and get ready to be called "possessive" , this seems to be the label added to any male ex when the reason for dumpage involved crossing lines with the opposite sex but didnt involve physical contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I think this is very odd. All those warnings they give young women about date rape drugs - minding their drinks, bringing them to the loo with them, only drinking out of bottles etc. And you're going to go against all of that by accepting a load of free drinks from some randomer at a bar whose only interest is getting into your knickers? The stupidity of that is mind blowing. Rohypnol does happen in this country.

Just too much of a risk to take - pay for your own drinks and keep your self respect and personal security intact. And if you can't afford to, then don't go out.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Schnooks

i tink tat lads that buy drinks for girls are fools its great lol.

me and my mates go out on the town all the time with **** all money and get wasted thanks to those stupid lads that buy us drinks. all ye lads giving out in this tread are just jealous that they never get drink bought for them and must always get turned down by hot girls or sumtin.

i go out with my boyfriend most of d time so i dont need to worry about money for drinks cause he looks after me lol, so i manly do it when i'm out with mi girls :) xx

Probably a troll but can't resist - Stoopid by name etc etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Schnooks wrote: »
    Probably a troll but can't resist - Stoopid by name etc etc etc

Defo, class A1 troll....

Something = sumtin
    Think = tink
    Mainly = manly

Hmmmm, unable to spell and use the correct case..... ether a pretty good troll or a scummer / ditz.

Advertisement