Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fellas buyin' drinks for young wans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

I love when I successfully convince a "Young wan" to buy me a drink...

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Broads.ie

Chinese lanterns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

TheZohan wrote: »
    You're dating a hooker.
    girls who expect / want lads to buy drinks/dinner/taxi's in exchange for sex are little more than inefficient prostitutes

Pretty much sums it up. Whores expecting payment for services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It's kinda worse to scab a drink or more off some guy and just slink off, as opposed to giving him the goods in exchange. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

in college i used to get "paid" in drink by my good looking female friends to mind them from fella who thought they were buying more than a drink
    lots of fools buying drink making plans

i'll let the bard finish
    “Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.”
    ― Mike Tyson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Hope she is soon to be your ex coz you're dumping her OP, I would say she is at least flirting with the guys. We all know people like her though unfortunately and it is a disgusting attitude to have imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭luvnit!

Cleeo wrote: »
    Yes. Accepting free drinks in return for nothing at all, which was made clear to the drink giver, is equal to no self respect and hooker-esqe behaviour.

Nothing at all about the self respect of a man who's willing to more or less waste his money on buying drinks for strangers in the hope of the ride.

I have bought drinks for females I just got talking to, and had drinks bought back in return. Most certainly not looking for anything else. So why when it's people of opposite sexes is it suddenly such a bad thing? (Again, if all concerned there's nothing more to it, yada yada, getting repetitive now.)

Couldnt agree with you more cleeo!

whats wrong with it exactly???

I must admit though i dont do it when i'm in a relationship unless i know the guy in question.

I think most girls have done this have they not??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Arianna_26

luvnit! wrote: »
    Couldnt agree with you more cleeo!

whats wrong with it exactly???

I must admit though i dont do it when i'm in a relationship unless i know the guy in question.

I have never done this and would never do it. I think most girls wouldn't do it.

It's incredibly cheap behaviour and makes you look like a tramp.

Arianna_26 wrote: »
    I have never done this and would never do it. I think most girls wouldn't do it.

It's incredibly cheap behaviour.

As for what is wrong with it, if you need it pointed out to you read the rest of this thread. I don't want to be repetitive.

So your saying that I am cheap for accepting a drink from a guy??
    and i am trap now also??? wow name calling really adult.

really???

If a man is foolish enough to buy random girls drinks then is that not his problem not mine??
    I NEVER would ask a man to buy me a drink!

But if its offered i will take it!
    and i think your wrong allot of girls do this.

I worked in a niteclub for 3 years and seen it going on every nite!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I dont know / haven't known many girls,but I sure as hell haven't. Besides the nastyness I wouldn't want a guy hanging around me all night. But then tbh I haven't had many offer to buy me a drink. Even if a guy did and I liked him I wouldn't be comfortable with it. I'd probably only accept with the understanding i'd buy him one back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

What about ouldfellas buying drinks for yunfillahz is that acceptable. I do not.. Harrass women.

So your saying that I am cheap for accepting a drink from a guy??

really???

If a man is foolish enough to buy random girls drinks then is that not his problem not mine??
    I NEVER would ask a man to buy me a drink!

But if its offered i will take it!
    and i think your wrong allot of girls do this.

I worked in a niteclub for 3 years and seen it going on every nite!

The OP started this thread about his girlfriend who was going about accepting drinks from men she didn't know. I think that's a cheap thing to do and not something the majority of women would do. I don't know where you worked.

In my opinion, if you don't know a guy and he offers you a drink you don't have to accept it. To do so, in my opinion, is cheap on your part as it gives him the wrong impression. I don't think men buy drinks just for the sake of buying them (and women who believe they do are naive).

As for it being a guy's problem for buying random girls drinks, perhaps it is. It doesn't change the fact that it is cheap of her to accept if she has no interest in him.

p.s. I didn't call you anything. I said I'd consider that kind of behaviour cheap and similar to the actions of a tramp. I wasn't directing it at you personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Its a sad fact of life that there are many women who will gladly let a guy throw drink into them, while leading them on, for the entire night. Then to scarper come closing time.

I always refuse if it's the first thing he says to me - scarlet at the thought of accepting a drink from a guy I haven't even spoken to properly. Early in the conversation, I will still refuse. If we end up chatting for ages and it's entering the direction of maybe leading somewhere and he offers to buy a drink, I may accept, but will always always return the favour (buy him a drink that is :pac:).
    Accepting free drinks simply because the opportunity presents itself is just crass IMO.

The OP started this thread about his girlfriend who was going about accepting drinks from men she didn't know. I think that's a cheap thing to do and not something the majority of women would do. I don't know where you worked.

In my opinion, if you don't know a guy and he offers you a drink you don't have to accept it. To do so, in my opinion, is cheap on your part as it gives him the wrong impression. I don't think men buy drinks just for the sake of buying them (and women who believe they do are naive).

As for it being a guy's problem for buying random girls drinks, perhaps it is. It doesn't change the fact that it is cheap of her to accept if she has no interest in him.

Also if you read my original post i also stated that i would not do it if i was in a relationship.

I am fully aware what men are after, I am most certainly not naive enough to think they do out of the kindness of their hearts!

But I do think it is their fault for doing it in the first place, if they have not gone over and spoken to the girl in question first and sussed out if they are interested or not then have they not only got themselves to blame???

If I seen my brothers or nephew doing it I would tell them to cop the hell on!!! It would be their fault for being so silly as to think that a girl wouldnt take the drink in the first place.

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Its a sad fact of life that there are many women who will gladly let a guy throw drink into them, while leading them on, for the entire night. Then to scarper come closing time.

Why would you continue to buy drink for a girl you had just met all nite??

I mean seriously????

My girlfriend(soon to be ex) tells me she goes out to the nightclub and guys just buy her drinks. She doesn't flirt with them, she doesn't give them the shift, they just see her and buy her a drink in the hopes of getting somewhere with her but she just takes their drink and doesn't give them any further courtesy except maybe a chat. And this happens all night long and she and her friends don't have to spend a penny in the club. Sometimes their admission and taxi is paid for by some nice fellas.

Hey man,
    I know im just some random internet forum dude who you dont know ... but ... that dont sound right.
    Your girlfriend's actions are that of a user and being honest, sounds like a liar too. I mean, are we meant to sit back and believe she only accepts the drink and AT BEST has a chat with them? ... Hell no. Drink is involved, shes letting blokes approach, buy a drink and flirt with her.

Money is on shes done more than that. Dump her.

If you think a guy is a fool for offering drinks, you're a hypocrite for accepting the drinks seeing as you've enabled him.

Like the way some guys disapprove of girls who "put out" the first night they meet them, yet are happy to be the ones with whom such girls put out.

Also if you read my original post i also stated that i would not do it if i was in a relationship.

I am fully aware what men are after, I am most certainly not naive enough to think they do out of the kindness of their hearts!

But I do think it is their fault for doing it in the first place, if they have not gone over and spoken to the girl in question first and sussed out if they are interested or not then have they not only got themselves to blame???

If I seen my brothers or nephew doing it I would tell them to cop the hell on!!! It would be their fault for being so silly as to think that a girl wouldnt take the drink in the first place.

Well, for me - even if I was single and the guy was someone I wouldn't be interested in I wouldn't accept a drink. I'm guess I'm just nice like that :)

Dudess wrote: »
    I always refuse if it's the first thing he says to me - scarlet at the thought of accepting a drink from a guy I haven't even spoken to properly. Early in the conversation, I will still refuse. If we end up chatting for ages and it's entering the direction of maybe leading somewhere and he offers to buy a drink, I may accept, but will always always return the favour (buy him a drink that is :pac:).
    Accepting free drinks simply because the opportunity presents itself is just crass IMO.

I agree i dont take drinks if they just come up to me, i am merely stating that accepting a drink off a man is not the end of the world and doesnt make you a
    tramp as some have stated.

But i genuinely think that if a man is silly enough to buy a drink for a girl without knowing where he stands he should be prepared for her to take it and not want to be with him!!

I mean come on girls would you buy a drink for a random fella??

and if you did do you honestly think he would turn it down???

• Advertisement

I agree i dont take drinks if they just come up to me, i am merely stating that accepting a drink off a man is not the end of the world and doesnt make you a
    tramp as some have stated.

But i genuinely think that if a man is silly enough to buy a drink for a girl without knowing where he stands he should be prepared for her to take it and not want to be with him!!

I mean come on girls would you buy a drink for a random fella??

and if you did do you honestly think he would turn it down???

For the record I don't think accepting a drink off a boyfriend, brother, male friend etc. is in any way bad form. Let's just get that straight.

I do, however, think it makes your morals very questionable if you happily accept a drink (or drinks) off a 'random fella' when you have no interest in him and try to reason it away as he should have known better.

And I didn't say that it makes you a tramp, I said it makes you look LIKE a tramp.

Why would you continue to buy drink for a girl you had just met all nite??

I mean seriously????

I never have. Many a man has tho.

But I have to thank my dad for not letting me make that mistake. He told me years ago, before i was even old enough to go to pubs, about when he was younger in the 70's and seeing many women flirt with guys. getting drink off lads for the whole night then to flee from the pub. It stuck with me.

But, the one thats stuck with me the most is him knowing a girl who was dating another bloke he knew and she was making him wait before they had sex. While she was sleeping with other guys. Again, another one of those "be careful, son" moments I guess.

Well u just gotta be careful. Of ulterior motifs, n all dat.. won't catch me buyin a stranger a drink.. Regardless of sex. Is a dickless person lacking? No.

Not nesiscerrily..

For the record I don't think accepting a drink off a boyfriend, brother, male friend etc. is in any way bad form. Let's just get that straight.

I do, however, think it makes your morals very questionable if you happily accept a drink (or drinks) off a 'random fella' and reason it away as he should have known better.

Where in any of my replies did i actually state that i take drinks off guys that i have no interest in???

Where in any of my replies did i actually state that i take drinks off guys that i have no interest in???

I am not talking about you specifically.

LighterGuy wrote: »
    I never have. Many a man has tho.

But I have to thank my dad for not letting me make that mistake. He told me years ago, before i was even old enough to go to pubs, about when he was younger in the 70's and seeing many women flirt with guys. getting drink off lads for the whole night then to flee from the pub. It stuck with me.

But, the one thats stuck with me the most is him knowing a girl who was dating another bloke he knew and she was making him wait before they had sex. While she was sleeping with other guys. Again, another one of those "be careful, son" moments I guess.

Yes exactly dont feckin do it!! Any man who does is foolish to be spending his money on girl he barely knows. fair play to your dad!

Well thats the definition of tramp,taking a drink off a man pales into insignificance.

So what ifff.. Virtually a woman accepts drink off woman

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Mully_2011

Have a good one. Was out with the lads one night anyways coming back in from the Smoking area to get other a pint this pure BELTER of a young wan walks up and asks me to buy her a drink now I'm not a fool and start joking around "A Beaut like you not got a boyfriend to buy a drink" "If I had a boyfriend would I be asking you" she replies "Well your still not getting a drink I'm not that soft,sorry luv but your **** outta luck" anyways barman comes back with my pint your wan grabs it and just downs the thing and walks off Myself and barman just standing there in with gobs on the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Mully_2011 wrote: »
    Have a good one. Was out with the lads one night anyways coming back in from the Smoking area to get other a pint this pure BELTER of a young wan walks up and asks me to buy her a drink now I'm not a fool and start joking around "A Beaut like you not got a boyfriend to buy a drink" "If I had a boyfriend would I be asking you" she replies "Well your still not getting a drink I'm not that soft,sorry luv but your **** outta luck" anyways barman comes back with my pint your wan grabs it and just downs the thing and walks off Myself and barman just standing there in with gobs on the floor.

As she was drinking it you should have just caught the bottom of the glass and lifted it sending the pint all over her, hope the barman got her fcuked out. Did ya get a free pint?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I know a load of girls say they dont do it, but ive never known a lad to buy a drink for a girl without atleast saying a few words to her first and asking what she wants to drink, and lets be honest here, a girl who accepts that who has no interest in even giving the lad her number is either a) being a bítch and using the lad or b) really really naive about how a fair amount of lads in irish pubs and clubs work

Advertisement