Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

My game is crashing a lot on my 60g launch ps3.... Anyone else having the same issue?

Bah, now I can't get past a certain part, it keeps resetting my PS3 at the same point
    when you get your first Molotov in the downtown area

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

.ak wrote: »
    Bah, now I can't get past a certain part, it keeps resetting my PS3 at the same point
    when you get your first Molotov in the downtown area

:(

feel sorry for you dude :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I was having the same problem when I bought LA Noire as I could only play the first 5 minutes with my old 60. It had been causing me problems for months before but that was the final straw.

The only good thing about LA Noire, forcing me into buying a new ps3 :pac: Feel your pain though, it's such a great game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

My launch PS3 played through it fine. I've gotten pretty lucky, never experienced any of these slow loading times anyone else is talking about either. Does the game just not load once at the start and then never again until next time you start up.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

My game is crashing a lot on my 60g launch ps3.... Anyone else having the same issue?

I was running on a launch PS3 with no problems, mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

New game+ not working for me :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The Futureguy seal of approval. If its a triple A gaming experience, i get the special edition.

Welcome Joel and Ellie :-)

BA6AD23C-08CF-494D-9389-FC5F79A67A1A-394-0000001E21E3EF10_zpsff78d7d4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Mudlan wrote: »
    Whats the difference between Normal and Normal+ ??

You get all your upgrades from last time. However, you don't start with all weapons or anything, as I thought :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Just finished it, easily the best game I have played on the PS3. The story had me gripped from start to finish, never experienced that with a game before. Now GTA V it's over to you...TOP THAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Online now for some MP fun if ayones about .

Carefree_Ste

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

Just finished..... WOW!! Naughty Dog you've done it again!! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,869 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just finished it. Quite underwhelmed by the ending, for all the discussion on it I feel it's kind of self explanatory and not all that amazing anyhow.

Great game anyway just feel it's not a strong GOTY contender although so far it is mine.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just finished it. Quite underwhelmed by the ending, for all the discussion on it I feel it's kind of self explanatory and not all that amazing anyhow.

Great game anyway just feel it's not a strong GOTY contender although so far it is mine.

Its my GOTY too, unfortunately games like GTAV will overshadow it. As much as I like the GTA series, I think this deserves GOTY.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ditto. As an overall package, It's up there as one of the finest game I've ever played...and I've played quite a few. Best game of the year. GTAV will likely be excellent. I'm sure Ill play it nonstop for days and recommend it to everyone. But it will have to do something extraordinary to top this.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

The few hours I've played of this so far have been good but I keep switching over to other games and only coming back to this for an hour or two every second day. Just not clicking fully with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

I'm about 6 hours in and my save says 48%, just gone through the hotel part.. Does the percentage on the save reflect the amount of the game completed or is it based on items collected also. I'm going steady enough not rushing it but the average completion time seems to be about the 15hr mark so I'm running a bit ahead of that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

King Krib wrote: »
    I'm about 6 hours in and my save says 48%, just gone through the hotel part.. Does the percentage on the save reflect the amount of the game completed or is it based on items collected also. I'm going steady enough not rushing it but the average completion time seems to be about the 15hr mark so I'm running a bit ahead of that...

You're well ahead on time so. I played through on Hard for my original run. Finished it in 16 hours. 14 seems about average for Normal difficulty. That said, Big Knox (who is a Dark Souls Veteran - read: "Well 'ard") did Hard on something like 13 hours if I remember correctly. It will vary per person. The important thing is to take your time, and soak up what I reckon is the most atmospheric game world I've ever experienced.

Listening to Ellie cracks me up, when she found the skin mag in the car, hilarious!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭lertsnim

No such issues for me. Only thing that annoyed me was the long loading time when starting the game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Does anyone have a good price for this in Dublin? Maybe CEX? I want to give them a ring to get a quote on the price but they don't seem to have a phone number?

Does anyone have a good price for this in Dublin? Maybe CEX? I want to give them a ring to get a quote on the price but they don't seem to have a phone number?

I think someone said it was sold out everywhere except Smyths.
    You should be looking for availability over price at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Will the disk work on the PS4? I have heard they will and I have heard they wont, don't know what to believe!

mutley18 wrote: »
    Will the disk work on the PS4? I have heard they will and I have heard they wont, don't know what to believe!

Nope. PS4 isn't backwards compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

mutley18 wrote: »

They will not work, simple as. Not sure where you've heard they will!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

My hud has gone nuts. My health bars are non existant for some reason?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Goin on now for a good few games tonight lads. Not working tomorrow :D
    Add me if yer up for a game PSN is Timmyctc

• Advertisement

Regarding a sequel:
    Yay. A sequel with Joel and Ellie isn't off the table.
    http://kotaku.com/who-would-star-in-a-last-of-us-sequel-creators-wont-r-586791127
    Though if it does happen it won't be following the story line of the fireflies and finding a cure.

Advertisement